Old 01-11-2014, 11:13 AM   #1
Erryl

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Erryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Have you lost everything? Encouragment needed

Hey ya'll. I know I"m pretty new but I need a little encouragement if you have BTDT.

Monday night at 11 ish my wife and I were watching TV, our 12 yr old little girl was in bed. We smelled something nasty, the wife went to look and our house was on fire. I ran for the extinguisher and she ran for the kid... everyone got out. I ran back in after a cat (Don't lecture me. I lived. Move on). When we went to bed at my mother in law's house at 4am we owned nothing just the pajamas on our backs.

We lost EVERYTHING we own. Then we got another hit, the insurance on the place was just for the remainder on the loan. I should have known. I should have checked. I should have made sure we were properly insured. So now we start from nothing to build a whole life again... The first day all we could do was cry. The second day a little less and I'm happy to report today that I haven't even cried yet.

People have been very kind and the Red Cross helped us get clothes and food. We have our basics met and the kiddo even has a few toys again. Thigs are looking better for us but I can't shake this crushed feeling.

I know that people are really interstred in photos, so they are on my my facebook

I'm looking for advice, not a lecture on my insurance mistake or running back in after an animal, I've gotten that all week so please don't. I'm trying to stay strong for my family and believe me I feel guilty enough about not having properly provided for my girls. I don't feel bad at all about saving my cat.

Have you ever been there?
How long did it take you to feel normal again?
What helped you get though?
Any advice??

Thank you! I've got a support system in place but I'm trying so hard to stay positive on there..It's hard not to make my status I"M CRUSHED! People expect me to stay strong and positive.. gawd that hard. It's like i"m not allowed to fall apart. Since you guys are strangers, it's okay if you think I'm a weak... why is that okay?...