Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Thoreau View Post
What I find interesting is, Japan, was the first nation to give $$ to chile to help in recovery efforts. And Japan did this knowing a Tsunami was on its way...
I applaud Japan,,,the spirit of giving is very much in their heart.

Still waiting for the Us, EU, UK, Canada,,,to do something re Chile and funds...
so sad...USA is there to get the blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries so we can pay 2 dollars a pint for them all year round,,,and keep people in poverty with the terribly low prices....(think about it a pint of blueberries for 2 dollars, that have been picked, put in little plastic container and flown to the usa, then dropped off at a store..so i can buy them.....what are they paying the growers and pickers?)

with regard to hansens disease aka leprosy:

Cut off from the rest of the world by 1600-foot cliffs on one side and ocean on the other, Kalaupapa, Molokai, is a naturally beautiful prison. When Hansen's Disease, historically known as leprosy, struck Hawaii in the mid-1800s along with other trade-borne eastern diseases, the government of Hawaii followed what was then common practice: they formed an isolated quarantine and moved the affected population there....Now a US national park, the colony is home to a dwindling population of fewer than two dozen voluntary exiles, workers, and family members. The residents of the colonial Hawaiian homes and small church are outnumbered by those in the cemetery, where there are an estimated 2000 unmarked graves in addition to those with headstones. An organization dedicated to the lives and legacy of the Kalaupapa residents is hoping to establish a formal memorial listing the names of all who were exiles there.....

rook, I dont see a damn thing wrong with what u wrote, typed inferred or otherwise stated...
Not everyone on this planet is a medical expert and knows the newest terms for diseases...
Heartburn= acid reflux...... as an example.....leprosy = hansens disease...the term lerpsy has been used to refer to that disease since before the C.E. so lets give it a little tolerance if not everyone knows the term Hansens Disease!

Now back to Chile....

Chile needs some countries to step forward and start tossing some cash in the coffers.....to help them.
IRC, australia, Italy, and japan are the only ones to commit funds...as per United Nations daily report.

Individuals are urged to donate to INTERNATIONAL red Cross (emphasis on international) and the WFP.org u can designate funds to chile at both locations.

did u see the article comparing people in earthquake situations to peoples behavior on the titanic......now that should turn everyones stomach!

bless all
The area where they grow all that fruit is so lovely...between the montains and the ocean. It makes me so sad to think of it in shambles.

I am glad that Chile does have wayyy better infrastructure to handle this sort of thing than Haiti, but yes, they will need international assistance.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:40 PM   #42
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Another huge temblor and possible Tsunami in Chile.

Don't know any more details yet, if anyone who is home and watching TV can let us know, that would be so great!
Old 03-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #43
Odarlin

How Do You Identify?:
Undine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sexy
Relationship Status:
Finding my immortal soul one giggle at a time.

Odarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Thoreau View Post
What I find interesting is, Japan, was the first nation to give $$ to chile to help in recovery efforts. And Japan did this knowing a Tsunami was on its way...
I applaud Japan,,,the spirit of giving is very much in their heart.

Still waiting for the Us, EU, UK, Canada,,,to do something re Chile and funds...
so sad...USA is there to get the blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries so we can pay 2 dollars a pint for them all year round,,,and keep people in poverty with the terribly low prices....(think about it a pint of blueberries for 2 dollars, that have been picked, put in little plastic container and flown to the usa, then dropped off at a store..so i can buy them.....what are they paying the growers and pickers?)

I think about this every time I buy blueberries. And I do buy them. It blows my mind to think of the international economy we United Statziens are integral in creating juxtaposed with the position on undocumented workers so many people have in this country. Hello? Who would not rather be at home with their spouse and children if they could be?
Am I derailing?
Odarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Odarlin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #44
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odarlin View Post
I think about this every time I buy blueberries. And I do buy them. It blows my mind to think of the international economy we United Statziens are integral in creating juxtaposed with the position on undocumented workers so many people have in this country. Hello? Who would not rather be at home with their spouse and children if they could be?
Am I derailing?
I don't think we have many undocumented workers from Chile. .
Chile has a way different economy than you might think (pre-earthquake).

But I agree with what I think you are saying? That undocumented workers in the US would way rather stay at home if things were not so bad for them there? Agreed 100%.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #45
Odarlin

How Do You Identify?:
Undine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sexy
Relationship Status:
Finding my immortal soul one giggle at a time.

Odarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
I don't think we have many undocumented workers from Chile. .
Chile has a way different economy than you might think (pre-earthquake).

But I agree with what I think you are saying? That undocumented workers in the US would way rather stay at home if things were not so bad for them there? Agreed 100%.
Perhaps this thread was an inappropriate venue for my point. The blueberry comment got me yappy.
Thread derailer goes *pooF*.
Odarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:40 PM   #46
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odarlin View Post
Perhaps this thread was an inappropriate venue for my point. The blueberry comment got me yappy.
Thread derailer goes *pooF*.
I hope you don't think I was saying you were derailing, just discussing with you, fellow blueberry lover!