Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 03-10-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default Actor Corey Haim dead at 38

Corey Haim dead at 38

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies....calif-38-ap?nc
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2010, 12:15 AM   #2
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have to say that I wasn't surprised when I heard about this this morning. He had been on a downward spiral for a very long time. It's still very sad though.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:57 AM   #3
LieslKate

How Do You Identify?:
Prime Lesbian Femme Feminist Submissive Amazon Dyke Riot Grrl... :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
the Feminine...
Relationship Status:
single

LieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant future

People on my Facebook posted about this guy... even after looking at an '80s and recent pic I still have no idea who he was and never heard of the movies or tv prgm he was in... I don't "get" the fuss and upset about his death... sorry for his Mum tho, no Mum should ever have to bury a child.

LieslKate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LieslKate For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2010, 01:49 AM   #4
sharkchomp

How Do You Identify?:
TG/stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,341 Times in 309 Posts
sharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputation

When he was young I thought he was so cool. For a while he had the tiger by the tail. It's such a shame that his addiction to drugs killed him. Such a shame. He's younger than me.

~~~shark~~~~~~

take a fish boating
sharkchomp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sharkchomp For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2010, 08:54 AM   #5
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

I really do not remember Corey Haim at all. I was never into following male actors, and their movies. I have no idea of who he was or what movies he did. Lielskate said it best, no mother should ever have to bury their child. They shouldn't. And when they have too, it changes everyone in the family.

RIP Corey. May God hold you in the palm of His Hand now. My thoughts & prayers are with his family, & friends.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #6
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I have enjoyed the movie "Lost Boys" over the years and watch it whenever I see it is on.

The big fuss is that someone talented and gifted who was virtually in living rooms hundreds of times over the years and represents for many people (mostly younger than us) a decade of their lives is dead, gone. It would be like when Janis Joplin or John Lennon, or Natalie Wood or James Dean or Jean Harlow or Marilyn Monroe died....

Someone talented whom people loved died young and probably did not have to. I find that very sad and even more sad that we can't just say we are sorry for the Mom and family with no reservation.

Rest in Peace Cory, you made so many people happy. I wish your own life could have been easier. Best wishes to your family.