Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 08-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #261
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
We just started sharing a Netflix account. Right now we do not have a box to watch it on the TV. What boxes do you like? We do not want to play video games. Do you need a box for each TV?
I am currently using my TiVo box, which is a DVR that also works with Netflix, Hulu+, YouTube, and Amazon, as well as Pandora, Rhapsody, etc for music (currently playing Pandora on there now ).

But I am becoming increasingly dissatisfied with it because there is a weird glitch happening with Netflix for something like the past 6 months - sometimes, it gets stuck and you cant ffw, pause, etc without getting out of Netflix and reloading it. Plus, I cant view my Amazon Prime instant videos through my TiVo - TiVo and Amazon dont seem to be able to agree to work together on that, so while I can rent/buy stuff on Amazon to download into my TiVo, Amazon wont allow me to stream the free stuff on my TiVo. That's really annoying.

I can use my Wii to stream both Netflix and Amazon prime, but it is slow and the picture is weird.

I have a friend who has and uses a Roku, so I am getting one of those in September ($70 on Amazon for the second to newest version). It isnt a DVR machine, just a streaming device, but there is no monthly fee associated with the device (TiVo is almost $22/mo), it is really small, and I can stream Netflix, Amazon, and tons of other channels that have streaming on-line like MSNBC, etc - except YouTube, but I never remember to access YouTube when I am on my TV anyway. lol
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #262
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

So, I just watched Flowers in the Attic.

That was .... weird.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #263
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
We just started sharing a Netflix account. Right now we do not have a box to watch it on the TV. What boxes do you like? We do not want to play video games. Do you need a box for each TV?
You can buy a lot of different Netflix ready devices. For me, since I do not use dvds, the best, and least expensive choice was the Roku player (it also connects with multiple streaming services, like Amazon & Hulu). There should be a link for them on Netflix's site, but they have changed some things and I had a very hard time finding it, so here's the link. If you have multiple tvs, you need multiple devices. I also use my phone and Kindle to watch videos, if I can pick up wi-fi.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #264
ONLY

How Do You Identify?:
well my girl calls me honeybear, sugarbear, sexy beast, hot tamale.....
Preferred Pronoun?:
female pronouns
Relationship Status:
Married to my Rare Beauty with a Beautiful Soul.....SS

2 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,735 Times in 679 Posts
ONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST Reputation

I have watched Lip Service, too bad it was only 2 seasons.
Orange is the New Black was great and glad to hear a second season will be happening.
Now watching The Misfits..interesting show....

ONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #265
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thank you Hollylane and Parker! I think we will go with the Roku although I am bummed we would have to get multiple boxes.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #266
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Thank you Hollylane and Parker! I think we will go with the Roku although I am bummed we would have to get multiple boxes.
I also have a Roku and have since they came out, love them. On the multiple device/multiple $$ front, google just came out with a dongle called Chromecast which looks like it will do the same for $35 ea instead of $99 ea. Untried by me, but worth looking into.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #267
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Has anyone found Nothern Exposure in their travels? I loved that show and would love to share it with my daughter!
Old 08-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #268
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

I havent seen Northern Exposure on Netflix or Amazon to stream/download, but I have seen it available on DVD on Amazon.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #269
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I havent seen Northern Exposure on Netflix or Amazon to stream/download, but I have seen it available on DVD on Amazon.
Don't bother buying it. Read the reviews. The show was awesome. I own the DVDs and they suck. I am furious that they haven't released this for streaming or decent DVDs.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2013, 10:42 PM   #270
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

i recently discovered that Netflix has some really awesome wrestling dvd's on there that i don't have to buy now cuz i can just watch it online

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:11 AM   #271
xxzalciaiomenxx

How Do You Identify?:
Dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She/sugarbear!
Relationship Status:
In a relationship with the love of my life

xxzalciaiomenxx Has the BEST Reputationxxzalciaiomenxx Has the BEST Reputationxxzalciaiomenxx Has the BEST Reputationxxzalciaiomenxx Has the BEST Reputationxxzalciaiomenxx Has the BEST Reputationxxzalciaiomenxx Has the BEST Reputationxxzalciaiomenxx Has the BEST Reputationxxzalciaiomenxx Has the BEST Reputationxxzalciaiomenxx Has the BEST Reputationxxzalciaiomenxx Has the BEST Reputationxxzalciaiomenxx Has the BEST Reputation

We have the Wii downstairs for the kids to watch Netflix, and Hulu+. Upstairs we have the PS3 in our bedroom. The PS3 is much better for streaming than the Wii, not only do you have Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu...but you also have Vudu, Sony Entertainment Network, Epix, which are all pay sites, rentals...then you have Crackle which is completely free, it is movies such as The Mothman Prophecies, Pineapple Express, The Craft etc., put out by Sony. I also have the mini HDMI cord for my tablet, with it I have an app that I can use to watch many tv shows, movies, new releases. We do not have cable tv, nor do we see a need to have it. The kids are perfectly happy with netflix, as are we.
And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair.

-WILLIAM BLAKE
xxzalciaiomenxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:37 AM   #272
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

PoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I do watch HULU but Netflix is my main source for viewing pleasures. I was trolling through my Netflix schedule and saw they have eight seasons of weeds, six seasons of the highlander, six seasons of Xena and eight seasons of charmed. I might have watched a few of these at some point or another, but I worked two jobs back when most of these were on. If you haven't watched revolution, they have one season from 2012 on Netflix. They also have Monk, which I've already watched. I know it's hard to always find something good, but sometimes I just put in a name like Javier Bardem and then watch all of his movies. The wife just finished orange is the new black. She loved it of course.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:03 AM   #273
Daktari

Quote:
Has anyone found Nothern Exposure in their travels? I loved that show and would love to share it with my daughter!
Yup, several places; try projectfreetv and tubeplus.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #274
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Kiss of the Damned is an excellent vampire movie.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #275
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
Yup, several places; try projectfreetv and tubeplus.
I am now able to get my N.E. on streaming...I've waited 20 years to see this again. Thank you for posting this!
Old 09-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #276
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I've been watching it on Netflix (regular Netflix, not streaming). I was so happy to see that they had the discs available...I have all of the seasons queued up and ready to go!

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #277
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
I've been watching it on Netflix (regular Netflix, not streaming). I was so happy to see that they had the discs available...I have all of the seasons queued up and ready to go!
They didn't have them when I was still renting DVDs...That is awesome!
Old 10-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #278
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I just finished season one of 'The Following'. Enjoyed it.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #279
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post

Besides the Walking Dead, it's my favorite show!

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #280
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post

I enjoyed that one despite the really bad over-acting.