CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am temporarily unable to leap. I will, however, be in prime leaping shape sometime late this summer. I'll warn everyone first.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:55 PM   #82
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Thanked 1,378 Times in 461 Posts
OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Yep, another non leaping lesbian. It seems as I get older, trying to find local community has gotten harder. Even spending time with my local friends, life has gotten in a hurry and there seems to be no time to socialize. I frequently have gone to see Suede at the Birchmere and it was jam packed. Last time I went, it wasn't hard to find a seat.
OS Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:48 AM   #83
PumaJ

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Queer Feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

PumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Wink

The most beautiful images of all of us lesbians, leaping & cavorting, fill my mind every time I read the title of this thread. All of us in our many hued, many styles, many gendered splendor:-)

Old 05-24-2011, 10:05 AM   #84
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

Thanked 1,547 Times in 359 Posts
dykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputation

Although I still consider myself a leaping lesbian, last Friday night at softball practice I realized that my softball glove is now 25 years old.
dykeumentary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dykeumentary For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2011, 06:15 AM   #85
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

*Warning*.......today I will attempt to leap!! This could be ugly, lol
LipstickLola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LipstickLola For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2011, 02:11 PM   #86
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I agree. I just don't leap as high as I used to. Phooey!!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2011, 02:39 PM   #87
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dykeumentary View Post
Although I still consider myself a leaping lesbian, last Friday night at softball practice I realized that my softball glove is now 25 years old.
Really?! I haven't played softball in 30! Though there is a league called the Golden Girls and 1 gal has been trying to recruit me to play for close to 2 years....Now that could be uglier than watching me try to leap!

Last edited by OS Butch; 05-25-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: me gramar stinks...read before posting numb nuts!
The Following User Says Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2011, 03:04 PM   #88
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS Butch View Post
Really?! I haven't played softball in 30! Though there is a league called the Golden Girls and 1 gal has been trying to recruit me to play for close to 2 years....Now that could be uglier than watching me try to leap!

I miss softball. And my glove. And my purple aluminum bat.

I suppose I could still play tho not leap. Except I would want a chair in the field with me.....preferably with a coffee holder, and a battery operated fan.
And maybe my own personal designated fielder/runner.

Why is Springsteens "Glory Days" playing in my head?

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #89
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Leap? Ha.
Maybe after the advil kicks in.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2011, 03:46 PM   #90
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

*holds on to her dyke card so no one can wrench it away*

Kate Clinton is not funny.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2011, 05:20 AM   #91
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

As I suspected, the leaping did not go well............, better luck tomorrow, lol, cuz I ain't quittin!!!
LipstickLola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LipstickLola For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2011, 06:49 AM   #92
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
*holds on to her dyke card so no one can wrench it away*

Kate Clinton is not funny.

I like Kate. Her old stuff on religion, George Bush and how lesbians would never get around to a war still makes me laugh.

But I adore Karen Williams and Marga Gomez. And the last Wanda Sykes dvd I saw had me in stitches.

Your dyke card is safe I think, but the mastercard might not be

The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2011, 08:45 AM   #93
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

dykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

I miss softball. And my glove. And my purple aluminum bat.

I suppose I could still play tho not leap. Except I would want a chair in the field with me.....preferably with a coffee holder, and a battery operated fan.
And maybe my own personal designated fielder/runner.

Why is Springsteens "Glory Days" playing in my head?

Another challenge has been to figure out how to play softball while wearing bi-focals. And how to not get injured.
I had no idea how easy it all was when I was a hot young softball stud. Now i look across to the other dugout and see the kids looking at ME with sympathy--- just like I used to look at them.
It's kind of great to see how far we've all come.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dykeumentary For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 08:05 PM   #94
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

It's not exactly leaping, but it's pretty darned close. Not only was I able to start riding my small spare motorcycle last Saturday, I was able to ride it an hour out of town this morning, successfully complete all the exercises required in the new ARC class, and then ride it home this evening. I'm triumphantly exhausted.

And I jumped in the air! It was a very small jump to point out something on the blackboard, but as soon as I did it I remembered that I'm a leaping lesbian again.

This leaping thing is certainly grounds for celebration. Tomorrow marks three months since my very serious accident. The final, (I think), broken bone count is 22 including 9 to my lumbar spine. And I jumped and rode my motorcycle today. The old bones have healed like fresh, young, new ones. Yay!
Old 07-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #95
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
It's not exactly leaping, but it's pretty darned close. Not only was I able to start riding my small spare motorcycle last Saturday, I was able to ride it an hour out of town this morning, successfully complete all the exercises required in the new ARC class, and then ride it home this evening. I'm triumphantly exhausted.

And I jumped in the air! It was a very small jump to point out something on the blackboard, but as soon as I did it I remembered that I'm a leaping lesbian again.

This leaping thing is certainly grounds for celebration. Tomorrow marks three months since my very serious accident. The final, (I think), broken bone count is 22 including 9 to my lumbar spine. And I jumped and rode my motorcycle today. The old bones have healed like fresh, young, new ones. Yay!
Well done and well earned!
Here's to more leaping, on and off bikes!
The Following User Says Thank You to dykeumentary For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 07:49 AM   #96
Heart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
rainbows!

Thanked 2,531 Times in 412 Posts
Heart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
Tomorrow marks three months since my very serious accident. The final, (I think), broken bone count is 22 including 9 to my lumbar spine. And I jumped and rode my motorcycle today. The old bones have healed like fresh, young, new ones. Yay!
This calls for leaping with joy!

:leaping-lesbian-avatar:
Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heart For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2011, 09:22 PM   #97
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

Hey Leaping Lesbians!
There's some very interesting things happening on an organizational level... have a look--

Full press release: http://sashatgoldberg.wordpress.com/...ation-is-born/
(my snip)
"During its inaugural 2009 Conference in Oakland ButchVoices claimed it wanted to include all butch voices. However, a group of Steering Committee feminists left during the ’09 planning. Internal tension mounted again in 2010 when Cordova insisted upon inserting the words “feminist” and “lesbian” into the official Call-for-Submissions to the upcoming regional conferences. Although invited to serve on the Board as ButchVoice’s “sage elder”, Cordova’s value rapidly decreased when she disagreed with the Board, who proceeded to schedule their retreat during Cordova’s surgery.

Differences culminated when the Board Retreat met, without Cordova, and changed ButchVoice’s mission statement, shifting the original language of “butch women and trans folk” to “masculine of center people.” Cordova and Goldberg argued—unsuccessfully—for equal footing being given to “butch women and masculine of center people.” ButchVoice’s current mission statement says, “BUTCH Voices is a grassroots organization dedicated to all self-identified Masculine of Center people and our Allies.” (end of my snip)

What do you think about this?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dykeumentary For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2011, 10:24 PM   #98
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Hey Leaping Lesbians!
There's some very interesting things happening on an organizational level... have a look--

(my snip)
"During its inaugural 2009 Conference in Oakland ButchVoices claimed it wanted to include all butch voices. However, a group of Steering Committee feminists left during the ’09 planning. Internal tension mounted again in 2010 when Cordova insisted upon inserting the words “feminist” and “lesbian” into the official Call-for-Submissions to the upcoming regional conferences. Although invited to serve on the Board as ButchVoice’s “sage elder”, Cordova’s value rapidly decreased when she disagreed with the Board, who proceeded to schedule their retreat during Cordova’s surgery.

Differences culminated when the Board Retreat met, without Cordova, and changed ButchVoice’s mission statement, shifting the original language of “butch women and trans folk” to “masculine of center people.” Cordova and Goldberg argued—unsuccessfully—for equal footing being given to “butch women and masculine of center people.” ButchVoice’s current mission statement says, “BUTCH Voices is a grassroots organization dedicated to all self-identified Masculine of Center people and our Allies.” (end of my snip)

IMO, it is just another concerted masculine effort to negate women and lesbians from the Butch agenda. It's a pet peeve of mine.

So these days, I identify simply as a lesbian just to take back the power of my womanness - something of which I am very proud. I fought too long and too hard to let a "masculine of any part" think they can tell me who I am or who I have to be.

I don't even understand what "masculine of center people" is supposed to mean. Who are the center people?

I am glad the ousted members will continue to build a womans butch community under the name Butch Nation. I like it. And thanks for the link. I have been looking for something like this.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2011, 11:23 PM   #99
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

WTH is “masculine of center people.” This dinosaur is wandering back to my cave....leaping all the way

Quote:
Hey Leaping Lesbians!

(my snip)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 06:59 AM   #100
Heart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
rainbows!

Thanked 2,531 Times in 412 Posts
Heart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST Reputation

It's interesting that they have replaced "butch," a historically lesbian/female identity, with the word "masculine." I suppose they think it's more "inclusive." I see this over and over. Being inclusive results in deleting references to women/female.

But actually, keeping "woman/female" central to organizing efforts is a very good way to assert an anti-oppression, anti-patriarchy, anti-homophobia mission. Too many queer organizers do not understand this.

Heart
Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Heart For This Useful Post: