Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

My GF says to me the other day: "you are so much more mellow than you used to be".

Not really. I have a shitload of things that bug me. I just have learned to pick my battles better:

1. Loud people. Like in the movies or in a restaurant. STFU!

2. Parents that allow their kids to run and scream in restaurants. ( there is a whole thread somewhere here in BFP on "is it ok to take your kids to an expensive restaurant"? Uh, not if they are allowed to run and scream, no).

3. People that chew gum with their mouth open, snap their gum, blow bubbles and pop them! Not even talking about children, talking about adults. It is like nails on a chalkboard for me.

4. Radios with heavy metal on the beach: up really loud. Actually, I prefer the old days, when people went to the beach and just listened to the waves.

What a concept but I guess I have become my mother and am an old fart now.

5. I can't even get started about wind chimes.

Noise sensitivity: When I was 30, noise did not bother me nearly as much as it does now.

*Sigh*

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner

Last edited by *Anya*; 08-10-2013 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Forgot wind chimes.
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #402
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Shopping carts left in parking spaces, especially in clearly marked disabled parking spaces...
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #403
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

PoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST Reputation

Crumbs in the butter and other Pet Peeves

People that are so discourteous that instead of being patient and letting you complete your statement or thought, they interrupt you. This is something most people learn, as a child, that is rude.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:01 AM   #404
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Just take your butter from the other end, or spoon the jelly out
hah...
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:02 AM   #405
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

when you are talking to someone and they are checking/texting/looking at their cellphone.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2013, 04:44 AM   #406
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

PoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST Reputation

Walking behind/next to/past someone who has a dog on a leash and is dragging the dog along when it's trying to stop for something.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #407
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

personalized license plates that i can't figure out.. drives me nuts(er) !
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #408
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

In the past couple of weeks, this guy in a very nearby cubicle brought in a huge bag of something - I suspect potato chips. He brings it out mid mornings and mid afternoons. He has to squeeze and massage this freaking bag every time after he gets a bite. I want to ... well, nevermind about that. This guy irritates me so much! I almost went over there today but decided I needed to wait until I could be less annoyed. I already bought him a pack of paper plates for his subway sandwiches, asked him if he would use them and quit squeezing and rattling the sandwich wrapper the entire time he eats. He also uses a coaster I took him. He used to slam his large drink down every time he took a drink. I really do not like this fellow. He eats like a pig!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #409
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation
Default note to *Anya*

I have a sensitivity to noise too - more so at work I think. I think it worsened the past few years. Wish I could be more tolerable. One thing, other friends at work are annoyed by same things but won't do anything about it. They love when I say something to the offender.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #410
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Brock,

i can relate. i work in a office with two sisters, both eat all day long. We work in a very relaxed space, but one of them i share my office with 3 days a week. She eats ALL day long, which i don't care about, but i do care that half the time her food ends up on the floor and when she comes to my desk she is talking with her mouth full of food. i don't think she realizes she does everything while eating. All day, chewing or discussing lunch. She comes in at 8:30 asking about lunch. Her life revolves around it i think.

After she leaves i sweep up the chips, grapes and whatever else has hit the floor. Trash can full of food bags. i am so afraid of bugs that i empty it every day.

Every single day she goes out for lunch, comes back, punches in and brings her lunch to her desk which is in my office, and proceeds to eat. So she answers the phone and talks to all of us with her lunch in her mouth... for hours the place smells like Subway, Canes or whatever other hot lunch she gets. i don't eat these things and i can't stand the smell.. but i am still the new kid on the block so i keep quiet about it for now. i have dropped hints about it but it goes over her head i think. i think she has done this for so long she doesn't know how to do anything else. She is munching when she walks in and until she leaves. If i have a snack around, like almonds out, she confesses that she "stole a few". Of course i don't mind but wow.

My problem is that i really love this lady, she is so sweet and nice. She is considerate on every level, but this eating thing. i think she is truly oblivious to it, i also think she has a serious problem and she struggles with it openly. She is very sensitive and i know it would really hurt her feelings, but dang its kinda crazy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2013, 01:45 PM   #411
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

venetian blinds, hangin' pictures, clocks and mirrors that aren't hangin' straight. makes me

(and, yes, i do straighten them! lol)
puddin' is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to puddin' For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #412
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

If yoou are at my place or borrowing something of mine please clean up the mess you make...just one of my pet peeves...especaly in my kitchen.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #413
tndoc
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
FtM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
One Day

tndoc Has the BEST Reputationtndoc Has the BEST Reputationtndoc Has the BEST Reputationtndoc Has the BEST Reputationtndoc Has the BEST Reputationtndoc Has the BEST Reputationtndoc Has the BEST Reputationtndoc Has the BEST Reputationtndoc Has the BEST Reputationtndoc Has the BEST Reputationtndoc Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
when you are talking to someone and they are checking/texting/looking at their cellphone.
THAT IS JUST IGNORANCE :/
tndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tndoc For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #414
ForeverBlue

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

2 Highscores

ForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST Reputation

Dirty dishes on the counter or in the sink, I cant sleep if I know there is anything there.....and no I dont own a dishwasher, not a fan of those either.......OK off to the "need help forum"............

Go Sens Go!!
ForeverBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ForeverBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #415
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverBlue View Post
Dirty dishes on the counter or in the sink, I cant sleep if I know there is anything there.....and no I dont own a dishwasher, not a fan of those either.......OK off to the "need help forum"............

i think they are a huge waste of water and electricity!

My sister explained that they are necessary to sterilize dishes. i asked if she was going to do surgery on them!
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #416
ForeverBlue

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

2 Highscores

ForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
i think they are a huge waste of water and electricity!

My sister explained that they are necessary to sterilize dishes. i asked if she was going to do surgery on them!
LOL They have to be sterilized after sitting dirty in a box for who knows how long! .............probably cause its just me would take days to fill it...

Go Sens Go!!
ForeverBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ForeverBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #417
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverBlue View Post
LOL They have to be sterilized after sitting dirty in a box for who knows how long! .............probably cause its just me would take days to fill it...
Yes.. she is the only one using it so the dirty dishes sit in there for days...

Blah
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #418
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default response to girl_dee

girl_dee, I sure have a lot of compassion for you regarding your work situation. And especially being the newbie there. It simply amazes me how some people at work either don't have a clue about how disrepectful they are of others or they don't care. I am so careful about my noise output at work. I must confess that I eat often at work but dump things on a paper plate that are in rattleand crackle package. No one has to suffer through any food intake of mine. I make sure of it. Wish I had a silver bullet for you, a for sure fix to offer you but I don't. My mouth always tends to get me in trouble at work. Someone pisses me off with some disgusting or rude cyclic behavior at work and I end up pissing them off for telling them to knock it off. Then I have ended up in the big office because I mowed them over. Anyway, I doubt my ways would be your ways. Let me know along the way how things are for you at work with these people. Hope it gets better soon!

ForeverBlue, I do not like dishwashers either. They cannot
get my stuff as squeaky clean as I can.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2013, 09:53 PM   #419
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

Crumbs in the butter and other Pet Peeves:

When someone else borrows or uses the truck/car and doesn't put the seat and steering wheel and radio back the way they found it.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #420
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Bathrooms with only the blow dry your hands machine and doors that must be touched to open.

I have seen people (specifically co-workers) who don't use soap (water alone contributes to bacteria growth) when "washing" their hands. What good is it for me to wash my hands and then grab the handle, or twist open the knob, after someone who didn't wash properly? At least give me some paper towel to open the door with, or put an automatic door button I can press with my elbow.

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:

Tags
pet peeve