Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Illinois Forums

Old 11-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,744 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Windy City (aka Center of the Universe, aka Chicago)

I figured y'all needed a thread. Additionally, I happen to be heading your way next week (November 16-20th) and wanted to know if anyone wanted to meet up for dinner (best day would be the 19th but let me know). I'll be in the downtown area (Central Loop area?).
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:18 AM   #2
Dragonfly

How Do You Identify?:
Queersexual Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
smiling real big

Dragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST Reputation
Default Southern/ Central Illinois

So I am across the street from Beaver Dam State Park but dont worry no one can mapquest that and figure out my exact address or stalk me. So feel free to mapquest it. I been thinking for a few years now about having a BF campout. I know that by itself would exclude the more sensitive souls who associate camping with hell. BUT those who feel it is an ideal vacation would be very welcome. Not a gathering just an extra dose of BFers at a different time period than all the other gatherings.... maybe for those who need something totally free... well minus the gas to get here anyway.

I got 4 horses on 40 acres, wooded, hilly, with beautiful prairie like fields to picnic in. There's a stocked pond of bluegill and carp and catfish. (See my roomates pic.) So from outside our walkout door its about 20-30 feet to the pond. You'll pass the pool table that has a pin pong table top we put up on it when sick of pool. We have a decent game room in the downstairs and a LOT of extra indoor room if someone cant sleep outdoors or we run out of tents.

And when we are sick of outdoor stuff and need some nightlife, we drive an hour or so to St. Louis Mo or 40 mins or so to Springfield IL and visit with other glbt folks. That isnt appealing I know, but our local strait bars are very hip and accepting considering the rural area so I dont feel deprived unless I think of my fellow BF community. I am deprived of socializing with anyone from our community. I would love to go to Chicago again soon but its over a 4 hour drive and times are tight.

Anyway hit me up before summer hits and my open invite can become the vacaction you wouldnt be able to have anywhere else for free... lol. You can be the bringer of a vacation TO ME yay! lol.
Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,744 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

LOL.. That was LAST November... not the one coming up. But if I make it out there again, I'll ping ya..

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:30 PM   #4
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

wow ...... looks like no ones been in here for a while.. lol
anyways......
im here in the area of Chicagoland...... not sure how long i will be here for.
but........ anyways..

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:25 PM   #5
Dragonfly

How Do You Identify?:
Queersexual Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
smiling real big

Dragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST Reputation
Default While You Are There

You should try to check out some of the little shops. There used to be this great coffee shop up in Waukegan that had amatuer nights of spoken poetry, folk music etc...They had good stuff to eat and drink yumm There was a joining store same owner where they sold insense and New Age stuff and Books. I bet its prolly gone by now.... but I bet there's a ton of them around for every niche you might have. they aren't just about the Blues and art museums tho I love that too! Just wanted to say that you are in a cultural heart so you shouldn't be shy about sight seeing! Chicago is by far my second fav city in this country, second to only Dallas Tx my Childhood Home of course.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:20 AM   #6
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

What's there to do in Chicago nowadays? I haven't been in like 10 years, so I'm sure it's changed a lot. Last time I was there I liked hanging around the Belmont/Broadway area. Is it still "cool" there? I do know that Reckless Records is still there, which is a good sign.