Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Sordid Lives....script 4 nights a week. I'll be glad when I can get back to other things. I can only hear Dr. Eve's mean spirited banter so many times!
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2015, 09:14 PM   #2442
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
Sordid Lives....script 4 nights a week. I'll be glad when I can get back to other things. I can only hear Dr. Eve's mean spirited banter so many times!
OMG! Are you performing this?? Best movie EVER!!
Old 07-03-2015, 05:28 AM   #2443
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JD View Post
OMG! Are you performing this?? Best movie EVER!!

Yes, I'm directing ...and it is a hoot! We open Pride weekend!

Surprisingly, I haven't seen the movie, and won't until our show goes up. I didn't want to remake the movie, but bring it fresh to our local stage.

Fingers crossed!
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2015, 02:04 PM   #2444
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Leaving before the rains come / Alexandra Fuller.

Fuller (Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight) follows her two previous memoirs about her childhood during the Rhodesian wars with this third memoir about the dissolution of her marriage and her return to Africa. The doomed union is traced from the couple's Zambian courtship to its end in the wake of Fuller's husband's near-fatal horse-riding accident in the United States. Fuller's family again plays a large role as the author reflects on the circumstances that shaped both her personality and her expectations for her life. Fans of Fuller's previous work will enjoy the opportunity to revisit her eccentric family and learn more about the unconventional lifestyle of Zambian farmers.

--------------------------------

Very enjoyable read. Good humor as well.
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 02:18 PM   #2445
cookie-face

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

cookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputation

Murcielago: A manga about a lesbian who was once a violent serial killer who decides to work for police instead, killing the most vile of criminals.

Blood and gore? Yes. Explicit sex scenes? Yeah.

10/10 would recommend.
“I myself have seen this woman draw the stars from the sky; she diverts the course of a fast-flowing river with her incantations; her voice makes the earth gape, it lures the spirits from the tombs, send the bones tumbling from the dying pyre. At her behest, the sad clouds scatter; at her behest, snow falls from a summer's sky.”
― Catullus
cookie-face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:03 AM   #2446
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
He’s my boo bear.

Thanked 32,057 Times in 9,969 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Best book on how to identify Red Flags (highly recommend).

Before we celebrated our 1st anniversary over the weekend, my sweetheart and I agreed to bring something we have read that helped us to better identify what we did not want in a relationship. Interestingly, we both brought the same book (featured above).

We wept together, bonding more closely with each other, because we both see that it was no mystery how we came to find each other: Both of us consciously made informed choices about each other.

We highly recommend this book.

______ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2015, 03:31 AM   #2447
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,589 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Finders Keepers: King, Stephen
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:52 PM   #2448
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Women of steel and stone : 22 inspirational architects, engineers, and landscape designers / Anna M. Lewis.

Louise Bethune -- Anna Wagner Keichline -- Julia Morgan -- Marion Mahony Griffin -- Norma Merrick Sklarek -- Denise Scott Brown -- Natalie de Blois -- Zaha Hadid -- Marilyn Jordan Taylor -- Emily Warren Roebling -- Lillian Moller Gilbreth -- Kate Gleason -- Margaret Ingels -- Ruth Gordon Schnapp -- Judith Nitsch -- Aine Brazil -- Beatrix Farrand -- Ellen Biddle Shipman -- Marian Cruger Coffin -- Cornelia Hahn Oberlander -- Carol R. Johnson -- Martha Schwartz.

"Reporting on a range of historical and contemporary female builders and designers, this educational book strives to inspire a new generation of girls in the disciplines of science, technology, engineering, and math. With many of the profiles set against the backdrop of such landmark events as the women's suffrage and civil rights movements and the Industrial Revolution, and with original interviews from a number of current architects and engineers, this book provides inspiration and advice directly to young women by highlighting positive examples of how a strong work ethic, perseverance, and creativity can overcome life's obstacles. Each profile focuses on the strengths, passions, and interests each woman had growing up; where those traits took them; and what they achieved.

-------------------------

History and architecture.....two of my favorite things. Very engaging and informative thus far.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2015, 05:37 PM   #2449
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
Yes, I'm directing ...and it is a hoot! We open Pride weekend!

Surprisingly, I haven't seen the movie, and won't until our show goes up. I didn't want to remake the movie, but bring it fresh to our local stage.

Fingers crossed!
okay, I SO want to see this! How cool and good luck!! Or is that break a leg?
Old 07-08-2015, 05:50 PM   #2450
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Just finished The Martian by Andy Weir. I could give it a more extensive review, but this comic pretty much captures it:

Old 07-13-2015, 02:53 PM   #2451
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default Hammer head : the making of a carpenter / by Nina MacLaughlin.

Nina MacLaughlin spent her twenties working at a Boston newspaper, sitting behind a desk and starting at a screen. Yearning for more tangible work, she applied for a job she saw on Craigslist -- Carpenter's Assistant: Women strongly encouraged to apply -- despite being a Classics major who couldn't tell a Phillips from a flathead screwdriver. She got the job, and in Hammer Head she tells the rich and entertaining story of becoming a carpenter.

--------------------------

Good beach reading.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2015, 05:28 PM   #2452
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation

Dean Koontz...

'The Taking'....
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2015, 07:57 PM   #2453
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I finished 'In Your Dreams' last night.

Started The Druid Series: Vol 1-3 by Marata Eros but it's so sexual that it's awkward for me to read. Not sure how I acquired it.. likely a .99 Amazon deal.. But I will wallow my way through it.

Then to finish The Bird Eater, and then find some more books.
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2015, 09:29 PM   #2454
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Rereading Sleepwalk with Me and Other Painfully True Stories by Mike Birbiglia.

I figure if I can't sleep, I might as well laugh about it.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:42 PM   #2455
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,589 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Just finished the first page of Harper Lee's Go Set A Watchman
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2015, 04:58 PM   #2456
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,408 Times in 6,876 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I started reading this:

B.K.S. Iyengar has devoted his life to the practice and study of yoga. It was B.K.S. Iyengar's unique teaching style, bringing precision and clarity to the practice, as well as a mindset of 'yoga for all', which has made it into a worldwide phenomenon.His seminal book, LIGHT ON YOGA, is widely called 'the bible of yoga' and has served as the source book for generations of yoga students around they world. In TREE OF YOGA, the collected wisdom of his many years of practical practice and its application in real life are brought into a single-volume work.A collected philosophy for life researched through decades of practice by B.K.S. Iyengar, the world's most respected yoga teacher. These are his core teachings and advice for living a long, healthy, happy life.Using the tree as a structural metaphor for both life and yoga practice, the essays cover many aspects of life and practice which are vital to health and happiness and in need of care. This includes:,*Yoga and health,*Yoga as part of daily life,*Childhood and parenthood,*Love,*Death,*Faith - hope and spirituality,
Old 07-16-2015, 07:03 AM   #2457
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default By Gillian Flynn (author of Gone Girl)

Dark Places
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2015, 11:21 AM   #2458
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee

Yea I'm one of the few who never read it before.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2015, 12:31 AM   #2459
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
He’s my boo bear.

Thanked 32,057 Times in 9,969 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Dead Wake by Erik Larson.

I read it a few months ago, but the way he writes about events during the sinking of the Lusitania, like in other non-fiction accounts he has written about before, is simply spell binding. I just want to read it again because it's that good.

______ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2015, 10:00 AM   #2460
TheHinduPose

How Do You Identify?:
human

Thanked 3,092 Times in 887 Posts
TheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST Reputation

The Precariat by Guy Standing:
(simply put,how our modern economy is impacting and effecting our society and the consquences of ie how the lack of any fairness in weath distribution is incubating and hatching a new angry class)

and:

The Bloody chamber by angela carter:
(Collection of short stories,magical fantasy based on and around fairy tales. I'm sure angela carter had quite a big influence on jeanette winterson,i also watched company of wolves couple weeks ago so i i wanted to re read the story)

“The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - that you’d thought special, particular to you. And here it is, set down by someone else, a person you’ve never met, maybe even someone long dead. And it’s as if a hand has come out, and taken yours.”
― Alan Bennett, The History Boys.
TheHinduPose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheHinduPose For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading