Old 10-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #10121
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,391 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation
Default Rilke....1st translation

EVENING

Slowly now the evening changes his garments
held for him by a rim of ancient trees;
you gaze: and the landscape divides and leaves you,
one sinking and one rising toward the sky.
And you are left, to none belonging wholly,
not so dark as a silent house, nor quite
so surely pledged unto eternity
as that which grows to star and climbs the night.
To you is left (unspeakably confused)
your life, gigantic, ripening, full of fears,
so that it, now hemmed in, now grasping all,
is changed in you by turns to stone and stars.
Rainer Maria Rilke

Katniss~~ (I am going to post this same poem with a different translator's take on Rilke. I find it interesting how things are interpreted although the original words were constant)
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #10122
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation
Default Rlke-Evening (2nd/Mitchell) translation

The sky puts on the darkening blue coat
held for it by a row of ancient trees;
you watch: and the lands grow distant in your sight,
one journeying to heaven, one that falls;

and leave you, not at home in either one,
not quite so still and dark as the darkened houses,
not calling to eternity with the passion of what becomes
a star each night, and rises;

and leave you (inexpressibly to unravel)
your life, with its immensity and fear,
so that, now bounded, now immeasurable,
it is alternately stone in you and star.

Katniss~~ (I like this translation best)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #10123
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Default Louis MacNeice--excerpt from "Autumn Journal"

September has come and I wake And I think with joy how whatever, now or in future, the system
Nothing whatever can take The people away, there will always be people For friends or for lovers though perhaps The conditions of love will be changed and its vices diminished
And affection not lapse To narrow possessiveness, jealousy founded on vanity. September has come, it is hers Whose vitality leaps in the autumn, Whose nature prefers Trees without leaves and a fire in the fire-place; So I give her this month and the next Though the whole of my year should be hers who has rendered already
So many of its days intolerable or perplexed But so many more so happy; Who has left a scent on my life and left my walls Dancing over and over with her shadow, Whose hair is twined in all my waterfalls And all of London littered with remembered kisses.

Katniss~~
The Following User Says Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 11:51 PM   #10124
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

In the wake of strong winds, fallen trees and downed power lines, I'm reminded of what's most important to me. Love of God, Self and the people in my life.

~Me
Old 10-29-2012, 06:06 AM   #10125
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Samurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST Reputation

“When you come to the edge of all that you know, you must believe one of two things:
either there will be ground to stand on, or you will be given wings to fly.”
― O.R. Melling, The Summer King

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
― Dr. Seuss

“An unconventional idea or technique that seems outrageous today could lay the foundation for traditions of tomorrow.”
― Jeraldine Saunders
Samurai Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #10126
Trey339

How Do You Identify?:
Gq Butch Dom
Preferred Pronoun?:
Trey

Trey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST Reputation

To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's Own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.
~Buddha
Trey339 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trey339 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #10127
Trey339

How Do You Identify?:
Gq Butch Dom
Preferred Pronoun?:
Trey

Trey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST Reputation

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
~Buddha

Having an opinion does not make it Fact. Everyone is allowed their own perceptions,,,

The Following User Says Thank You to Trey339 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #10128
Trey339

How Do You Identify?:
Gq Butch Dom
Preferred Pronoun?:
Trey

Those who enjoy their own emotionally bad health and who habitually fill their own minds with the rank poisons of suspicion, jealousy and hatred, as a rule take umbrage at those who refuse to do likewise, and they find a perverted relief in trying to denigrate them.
~Johannes Brahms
Old 10-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #10129
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

The bond forged between us was not one that could be broken by absence, distance, or time. And no matter how special or beautiful or brilliant or perfect she might be, she was as irreversibly altered as I was. As I would always belong to her, so would she always be mine.” ― Stephenie Meyer

“The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. Maybe they always have been and will be. Maybe we've lived a thousand lives before this one and in each of them we've found each other. And maybe each time, we've been forced apart for the same reasons. That means that this goodbye is both a goodbye for the past ten thousand years and a prelude to what will come.”― Nicholas Sparks

“Happiness is a state of activity.” ― Aristotle
Old 10-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #10130
Trey339

How Do You Identify?:
Gq Butch Dom
Preferred Pronoun?:
Trey

Nothing strengthens authority so much as silence.
~Leonardo da Vinci

Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself, and know that everything in life has purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from.
Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Last edited by Trey339; 10-29-2012 at 08:10 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trey339 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #10131
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Samurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST Reputation

“Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” ― Buddha

“Life Shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.” ― Anais Nin

“Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” ― Nora Ephron
Samurai Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #10132
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, "Hey Handsome", and also throwing in a "Sup man" or a "You're sexy" will work
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Stud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST Reputation

"Pies, like the internet, need content. Otherwise it's just....a crust?"- Hannah Hart, My Drunk Kitchen, Season 2 episode 1: Meat Pies

"Experimenting with food is like experimenting with your sexuality. How do you know you're not a big homo?"-Hannah Hart, My Drunk Kitchen, Chocolate Shuffle

"The Internet is about watching people do things you wish you were doing."-Grace Helbig

"If your glasses are more than a quarter-inch thick, I assume you know everything about music."- Grace Helbig

"Stop, drop, and use your words."- Grace Helbig
Stud_puppy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stud_puppy1991 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #10133
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light" -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #10134
Trey339

How Do You Identify?:
Gq Butch Dom
Preferred Pronoun?:
Trey

The whole secret of existence is to have no fear.
Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one.
Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
Buddha

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trey339 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #10135
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

2 Highscores

Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

Sex on television can't hurt you unless you fall off.

~Author Unknown
Old 10-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #10136
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation

Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers,
but to be fearless in facing them.
Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain,
but for the heart to conquer it.

~Tagore
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2012, 11:38 AM   #10137
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers,
but to be fearless in facing them.
Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain,
but for the heart to conquer it.

~Tagore
I love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #10138
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default something sweet I read today

she comes, and with her, her essence
she brightens the place, as if it's made alive by her presence
scents from her linger in each room
the sweet smells which surround her vanish too soon
when she goes
leaving only empty air to await her return
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #10139
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

2 Highscores

"I'm not going to give you a map. I can give you only a great passion to discover. Yes, a map is not needed; great passion, great desire to discover is needed. Then I leave you alone. Then you go on your own."

~Bhagwan Rajneesh

Old 10-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #10140
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
she comes, and with her, her essence
she brightens the place, as if it's made alive by her presence
scents from her linger in each room
the sweet smells which surround her vanish too soon
when she goes
leaving only empty air to await her return
I love this!!!!!!!

Tags
poems, quotes, sayings