Queenie

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,891 Times in 523 Posts
Queenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST Reputation

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)

Director: Francis Lawrence

Writers: Simon Beaufoy (screenplay), Michael Arndt (screenplay).

This was like the 1st film which i found just as enjoyable. This sequel was over long though. I like the brutality of the story without it being explicit in its imagery. It still has the same garish costumes that copy, it would seem, every extreme of fashion. The gaudy reality show Hunger Games keeps the masses from revolting and Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) is still the somewhat reluctant symbol of hope.

Quote:
Katniss Everdeen: Any last advice?
Haymitch Abernathy: Stay alive.

My husband's review.

I loved this film. Found it to be better then the first Hunger Games film.

Makes me want to start reading the books!
Queenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:34 PM   #1502
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Mandela...was a good movie. I was told it was boring and long, but geez it was about the life a man who lived to be 95 yrs old, it couldn't have been a hour movie.

Frozen...chuckles my Christmas Elf would be so proud of me for sitting threw this one. Cute movie, the lesson was the best part. Great move and music if you are a 3 yr old.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2014, 10:27 PM   #1503
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,647 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Bad Words

Starring Jason Bateman (Arrested Development).

I guess I have mixed feelings about it.
One of the best movies in that past few years and the best role I have ever seen Bateman in is State of Play with Helen Mirren, Russell Crowe, Robin Wright (The Conspirator, House of Cards) and Ben Affleck. Bateman just gave an interview with Ellen a couple of days ago.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:03 PM   #1504
ForeverMe

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Feminine ones please

ForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST Reputation

Gravity
- starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney.
I had heard mixed reviews on it but I really enjoyed it. It has amazing graphics.
ForeverMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:19 AM   #1505
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,419 Times in 6,880 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I finally saw Million Dollar Baby.....
Old 03-28-2014, 05:47 PM   #1506
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Watched the Wolf of wall street today... not a bad movie..to much drugs, sex and nudity. I know I don't believe I just said that either. I'm just not into that kind of stuff in a movie anymore. Think I will like it better when it comes out on TBS LOL..

But hey it was as great a movie as Scarface if you ever want to watch it with ten friends and take turns drinking tequila shots each time someone drops the "F" bomb.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2014, 06:38 PM   #1507
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

The Haunting (1999 version). Remake of the '63 classic from Robert Wise with Julie Harris who passed away recently. Liam Neeson, Catherine Zeta-Jones. Interesting F/X.

Up next, tonight...

Non-Stop (2014)
Old 03-28-2014, 07:28 PM   #1508
ForeverMe

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Feminine ones please

ForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Coming soon

I'm just getting ready to sit down to Wolf of Wallstreet. I'm hoping it's as good as I've been hearing. Sex, nudity?? Hmm sounds great! :-)
ForeverMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:46 PM   #1509
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
The Haunting (1999 version). Remake of the '63 classic from Robert Wise with Julie Harris who passed away recently. Liam Neeson, Catherine Zeta-Jones. Interesting F/X.

Up next, tonight...

Non-Stop (2014)
Non-Stop is an action thriller with Liam Neeson, Julianne Moore and Michelle Dockery (Downton Abbey.) It's good. If you're a fan of these actors (I am), you may want to check it out. It starts with texts and other shit flying (no pun intended), but no spoiler here.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:03 PM   #1510
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Im watching the mini series (bio pic I guess youd call it) about John Adams. I came to admire him and Abigail when I read an amazing biography about their profound and beautiful relationship.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:27 PM   #1511
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,163 Times in 8,622 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Anita O'Day - Sweet Georgia Brown, Tea for Two

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:47 AM   #1512
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Got a copy of Hindenburg (2011) for tonight. Another take. Interesting to see this version compared to The Hindenburg (1975) with George C. Scott and Anne Bancroft.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:13 PM   #1513
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

while flipping through the channels I found a really old really good movie....Same time, next year.
It stars Alan alda and Ellen Burstyn. Its an interesting story...
Old 03-30-2014, 10:28 PM   #1514
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Laura (1944)
The Peacemaker (1997)
Old 03-31-2014, 06:22 AM   #1515
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,618 Times in 1,559 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

'Kill Your Darlings'

about the very 'early years' of Ginsberg, Burroughs, Kerouac.

I was kind of keen to see this, having missed it in the cinema, but I found it quite boring - which is a feat in and of itself - how can a story about Ginsberg, Burroughs and Kerouac be boring? And yet, have any of the biopics about the Beat Poets been any good? Maybe 'Fear and Loathing' ...
Old 04-01-2014, 02:34 PM   #1516
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Default April, 2014

Hart's War (2002)
Night Falls on Manhattan (1996)
Sahara (1943)
The Cruel Sea (1953)
The Hill ( 1965)
Gentleman Jim (1942)
Red Corner (1997)
Jim Thorpe—All American (1951)
They Won't Forget (1937)
Peyton Place (1957)
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2014, 02:04 PM   #1517
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Concussion

A lesbian becomes disillusioned with her domestic life and career after suffering a mild concussion when accidentally hits her in the head with a thrown baseball. She then begins working as a prostitute for other women.
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:58 PM   #1518
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

The newest 300
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:04 PM   #1519
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

I watched Twelve Years a Slave the other night....
what an amazing story and movie. Its difficult to watch in parts...but....worthwhile for the truth in its difficulty....
Old 04-07-2014, 03:11 PM   #1520
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,972 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up

"Pompeii" (action packed film!)

Tags
film, movie