Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Oklahoma Forums

Old 05-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default TULSA - Don't Hate the 918

Recently a friend of mine who lives here said I gripe about Oklahoma too much. He doesn't understand, because he's not from here originally, that I am not from Oklahoma... I am from TULSA.

Ask any Tulsan where they are from, and they will never say "Oklahoma". We are so snobby about it, we don't attend the Oklahoma State Fair; we hold our own Tulsa State Fair, nevermind the pesky fact that Tulsa is not a state. It is a state of mind.

So this thread is to introduce you to a city I love, and to invite you to come see what it's like to live on Tulsa Time...
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Some things you probably don't know

You probably already know that two American Idols came from Tulsa, but do you know why they chose to cut their teeth here? Tulsa was ranked #9 in cities with the best local music scene. We have giant venues like the BOk Center and tiny venues like Back Alley Blues, and many musicians call Tulsa home.

According to areavibes, Tulsa is the #1 city in America for low cost of living. This is one of the biggest reasons I chose stay here. I like to travel, so I can hop a plane and spend my money in Copenhagen, not paying the mortgage. I bought a house here at 22 years old, making $8.50/hour. There are very few places in the country that afford you that opportunity.

The economy in Tulsa remains strong. At #20 on CNN Money's list of Recession-Proof cities, Tulsa's diverse economic landscape has held us up. The city is a major hub for healthcare, aerospace, manufacturing and energy, which help keep our unemployment rate a full 3% under the national average, and our housing prices at essentially the same level they were before.

Education is a key part of what makes Tulsa awesome. The schools here are good, with an average student:teacher ratio of 18:1. Students who graduate from high schools in Tulsa county are eligible to attend the Community College or Vo-Tech for free for up to two years. There are tons of colleges and universities in Tulsa, and Tulsa boasts a well-educated populace, with about 28% of the population holding a Bachelors degree or higher, 6% above the national average.

Educated people love the arts, and Tulsa has a thriving arts community. Museums, galleries, and art districts abound, and there are several arts festivals to pawn your wares. Tulsa is one of the smallest cities in the nation to have a full year-round Symphony, and our Opera company attracts some of the nation's biggest talents.

Much more to follow, and pictures!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

I lived in Tulsa from the time I was 3 months old until I was 3 years old. And while I don't remember a whole lot, I did go back and visit the home I lived in a few years back and just loved Tulsa proper. Beautiful homes, gorgeous greenery, fabulous eateries and very gay friendly.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2012, 02:19 PM   #4
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

You know who loves Tulsa is P.C. and Kristin Cast, authors of The House of Night Series.

http://www.houseofnightseries.com/pc-inspiration/

also Tulsa is famous for its Art Deco architecture!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ulsa,_Oklahoma

Now if someone would just find a way to go salt water fishing in Tulsa I could get Mr. Jenny to bring me there on vaykay
Old 05-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
You know who loves Tulsa is P.C. and Kristin Cast, authors of The House of Night Series.

http://www.houseofnightseries.com/pc-inspiration/

also Tulsa is famous for its Art Deco architecture!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ulsa,_Oklahoma

Now if someone would just find a way to go salt water fishing in Tulsa I could get Mr. Jenny to bring me there on vaykay
Don't forget SE Hinton (The Outsiders/Rumblefish series). She still lives here.

I was planning on putting up some pics of the downtown architecture, but I'm documenting all my adventures on my phone, and I haven't been down Boston Ave to take any pics yet. Soon to come!

Speaking of architecture, there are several Frank Lloyd Wright homes here that are GORGEOUS!
Old 05-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #6
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

I kinda miss Tulsa .... I never have been able to find a creamy garlic dressing as good as the stuff at Charleston's. I was happy to work the lunch shift there because then I could have a salad and a baked potato for free ... such good dressing! Or their chicken strips .... I'm kinda hungry now!

Of course, I dont miss the fact that Tulsa is where I lived when my car was destroyed by a gay basher with a sledge hammer ... but I dont really think that is Tulsa's fault.

I only lived there for a couple of years in the early 2000's and all-in-all, it was a nice place to call home.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #7
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post

We don't have saltwater, but you can use those deep sea poles to go fishing at the Dam on Keystone lake. A heavy-action pole is not nearly strong enough to catch the spoonbill on the spillway!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #8
boobookitty

How Do You Identify?:
I like the tag Lipstick Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
not picky, but male pronouns are soothing to the psyche
Relationship Status:
not looking for more than friends

boobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
Recently a friend of mine who lives here said I gripe about Oklahoma too much. He doesn't understand, because he's not from here originally, that I am not from Oklahoma... I am from TULSA.

Ask any Tulsan where they are from, and they will never say "Oklahoma". We are so snobby about it, we don't attend the Oklahoma State Fair; we hold our own Tulsa State Fair, nevermind the pesky fact that Tulsa is not a state. It is a state of mind.

So this thread is to introduce you to a city I love, and to invite you to come see what it's like to live on Tulsa Time...
I am Okie, born and bred.... I do understand!

(I was born down the 'bee line' in Okmulgee)
Old 05-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #9
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Born in OKC, but have never actualy lived in OK.

Thank you for posting the lovely photos!
Old 01-15-2014, 02:20 PM   #10
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday a judge ruled to lift the ban on gay marriage in Oklahoma. Yay!!! Sweet!!

Tags
fun, oklahoma, travel, tulsa, visit