Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Oklahoma Forums

Old 04-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #101
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
"The Oklahoma Geological Survey reports we actually experienced several hundred quakes in a 72-hour span. So many that seismologists found a fault line no one even knew existed."

More -- http://bit.ly/quakefrequency

Dear natural gas companies,

Please, PLEASE stop fracking. The quakes may be minor now, but they won't always be.

Diva
AMEN SISTER!!! I have been saying this for years.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:15 AM   #102
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

today is the herbal affair in Sand Springs! Is anyone else going?
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #103
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

They're opening the Woody Guthrie Center this weekend!!

From This Land press:

The time has finally come: A portion of the archives of legendary folk singer/songwriter Woody Guthrie—including the original, handwritten version of Guthrie’s landmark anthem, “This Land Is Your Land”—will be available for viewing at the grand opening of the Woody Guthrie Center in downtown Tulsa starting this weekend.

In 2012, The GRAMMY Museum teamed up with Woody Guthrie Publications to host a comprehensive centennial celebrations for Guthrie, The Woody Guthrie Centennial Celebration. Designed to celebrate Guthrie’s body of work and impact on American music, the year-long celebration included a host of tribute concerts, educational curricula, lectures, conferences, a touring exhibition, and more. Part of the excitement was the announcement that Guthrie’s archives would be moving from New York to downtown Tulsa.
The museum, which opens at 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 27, at 102 East Brady, measures 12,000 square feet and will feature state-of-the-art, interactive exhibits on Guthrie’s life, art, and creative legacy. It will also house Oklahoma’s only permanent exhibit on the Dust Bowl.

The Woody Guthrie Center’s permanent exhibit on Guthrie will feature selections of original items from the Woody Guthrie Archives, including Guthrie’s handwritten copy of “This Land Is Your Land,” along with lyrics, artwork, photographs, personal notebooks, letters, postcards, and some of his rare, never-before-seen musical instruments. The exhibit will also feature objects from some musicians who were influenced by Guthrie, including Bob Dylan, John Mellencamp, Pete Seeger, John Cohen, and Jimmy LaFave.

The Woody Guthrie Archives were brought to Tulsa by George Kaiser Family Foundation (GKFF), who purchased them in 2011 from Woody Guthrie Publications in New York.

The Woody Guthrie Archives contains more than 10,000 items of primary and secondary source material, including more than 3,000 song lyrics, rare books by and about Guthrie, more than 700 pieces of artwork, letters and postcards, manuscripts and personal journals, more than 500 photographs, handwritten songbooks, Guthrie’s annotated record collection and personal papers detailing family matters, his World War II military service and musical career.

Also included in the Woody Guthrie Center is an exhibit that will include a five-minute excerpt of the documentary series by Ken Burns and Dayton Duncan, The Dust Bowl. The film chronicles the environmental catastrophe that, throughout the 1930s, destroyed the farmlands of the Great Plains. The environmental disaster was the inspiration for many of Guthrie’s songs.
The center will feature an extensive outreach and education program that will take Guthrie’s story to schools across Oklahoma. There will be a series of concerts to bring his music and his legacy to those who visit the center. The center will be operated in conjunction with the Woody Guthrie Archives, along with the Los Angeles-based GRAMMY Museum.

The center’s hours of operation will be 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday. On the first Friday of each month, hours will be 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Admission is $8 for adults, $6 for youth ages 5–17. Children under 5 are admitted free.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:49 AM   #104
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Tulsa And Oklahoma City Ranked Best For Young Entrepreneurs
Old 05-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #105
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I saw that on Good Morning Oklahoma. Yeah Tulsa we are number 1 in something finally !!!! It is only going to get better when Kathy Taylor is the mayor again.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #106
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
I saw that on Good Morning Oklahoma. Yeah Tulsa we are number 1 in something finally !!!! It is only going to get better when Kathy Taylor is the mayor again.

Can't wait to see Kathy back in the top of the glass tower!! My former coworker is her personal assistant. I told her Kathy's motto should be

Kathy Taylor: She Gets Shit Done.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #107
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Quote:

Can't wait to see Kathy back in the top of the glass tower!! My former coworker is her personal assistant. I told her Kathy's motto should be

Kathy Taylor: She Gets Shit Done.
She cares about Tulsa. Really cares about production , image, business and the people of Tulsa.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #108
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
She cares about Tulsa. Really cares about production , image, business and the people of Tulsa.
And she won't spend her entire tenure in pointless squabbles with the Council.

Bartlett sucks! I hope Tulsa will never again elect someone based on their father's name (yeah, I'm talkin' to you, LaFortune)
Old 05-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #109
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
They're opening the Woody Guthrie Center this weekend!!

From This Land press:

The time has finally come: A portion of the archives of legendary folk singer/songwriter Woody Guthrie—including the original, handwritten version of Guthrie’s landmark anthem, “This Land Is Your Land”—will be available for viewing at the grand opening of the Woody Guthrie Center in downtown Tulsa starting this weekend.

In 2012, The GRAMMY Museum teamed up with Woody Guthrie Publications to host a comprehensive centennial celebrations for Guthrie, The Woody Guthrie Centennial Celebration. Designed to celebrate Guthrie’s body of work and impact on American music, the year-long celebration included a host of tribute concerts, educational curricula, lectures, conferences, a touring exhibition, and more. Part of the excitement was the announcement that Guthrie’s archives would be moving from New York to downtown Tulsa.
The museum, which opens at 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 27, at 102 East Brady, measures 12,000 square feet and will feature state-of-the-art, interactive exhibits on Guthrie’s life, art, and creative legacy. It will also house Oklahoma’s only permanent exhibit on the Dust Bowl.

The Woody Guthrie Center’s permanent exhibit on Guthrie will feature selections of original items from the Woody Guthrie Archives, including Guthrie’s handwritten copy of “This Land Is Your Land,” along with lyrics, artwork, photographs, personal notebooks, letters, postcards, and some of his rare, never-before-seen musical instruments. The exhibit will also feature objects from some musicians who were influenced by Guthrie, including Bob Dylan, John Mellencamp, Pete Seeger, John Cohen, and Jimmy LaFave.

The Woody Guthrie Archives were brought to Tulsa by George Kaiser Family Foundation (GKFF), who purchased them in 2011 from Woody Guthrie Publications in New York.

The Woody Guthrie Archives contains more than 10,000 items of primary and secondary source material, including more than 3,000 song lyrics, rare books by and about Guthrie, more than 700 pieces of artwork, letters and postcards, manuscripts and personal journals, more than 500 photographs, handwritten songbooks, Guthrie’s annotated record collection and personal papers detailing family matters, his World War II military service and musical career.

Also included in the Woody Guthrie Center is an exhibit that will include a five-minute excerpt of the documentary series by Ken Burns and Dayton Duncan, The Dust Bowl. The film chronicles the environmental catastrophe that, throughout the 1930s, destroyed the farmlands of the Great Plains. The environmental disaster was the inspiration for many of Guthrie’s songs.
The center will feature an extensive outreach and education program that will take Guthrie’s story to schools across Oklahoma. There will be a series of concerts to bring his music and his legacy to those who visit the center. The center will be operated in conjunction with the Woody Guthrie Archives, along with the Los Angeles-based GRAMMY Museum.

The center’s hours of operation will be 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday. On the first Friday of each month, hours will be 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Admission is $8 for adults, $6 for youth ages 5–17. Children under 5 are admitted free.
Oh here we go! That would be a must-see if/when I came to Tulsa. I'm surprised that there was no museum or memorial for the Dust Bowl; perhaps people just wanted to forget.

I've always wondered if any of Guthrie's homes, like his childhood home, were still standing.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #110
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gráinne View Post
Oh here we go! That would be a must-see if/when I came to Tulsa. I'm surprised that there was no museum or memorial for the Dust Bowl; perhaps people just wanted to forget.

I've always wondered if any of Guthrie's homes, like his childhood home, were still standing.
The Dust Bowl is a bowling alley downtown
The Following User Says Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #111
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

I heard there is snow in Oklahoma City....
Old 05-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #112
rustedrims

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Location: Northern Ohio close to Lake Erie and ice-cream places
Thanked 2,553 Times in 367 Posts
rustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputation
Default Just wondering

how our Tulsa people are.Watching the news and looks kinda bad after that tornado hit.Wondering how all the other people are in Oklahoma to.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #113
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustedrims View Post
how our Tulsa people are.Watching the news and looks kinda bad after that tornado hit.Wondering how all the other people are in Oklahoma to.
Thanks Rusted we are in the middle of it right now. So far so good! 5 storm cells lined up all possible tornados with them, first one just hit, no biggie just small hail and wind, calm before the next one hits right now, about 20 min. One down 4 to go. Just talked to TheDivaHrself she's good so far!
Old 05-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #114
rustedrims

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

rustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Thanks Rusted we are in the middle of it right now. So far so good! 5 storm cells lined up all possible tornados with them, first one just hit, no biggie just small hail and wind, calm before the next one hits right now, about 20 min. One down 4 to go. Just talked to TheDivaHrself she's good so far!
HOLY SH#T JAGG !!!
HOLD ON TO YOUR WIG !!!
We are getting some wind up here in Ohio.Might be the next 3 days for bad storms compliments of you line of storms.Dont let that Bike get scratched.

My thoughts are with you all.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:19 PM   #115
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Stay safe!!

Stay Safe Everybody!!!!
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #116
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
Stay Safe Everybody!!!!
Thanks lady we are doing are best!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #117
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustedrims View Post
HOLY SH#T JAGG !!!
HOLD ON TO YOUR WIG !!!
We are getting some wind up here in Ohio.Might be the next 3 days for bad storms compliments of you line of storms.Dont let that Bike get scratched.

My thoughts are with you all.
It's roped off with velvet ropes . That tornado wouldn't dare. lol
Old 05-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #118
rustedrims

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

[B]HEY MINE IS TO !!![B]

That was funny.Thanks for the laugh.

Be careful over there.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #119
sierragirrl

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
<3

Thanked 2,870 Times in 667 Posts
sierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

watching the news.
i hope everyone is safe
sierragirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sierragirrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #120
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Thinking of you all.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:

Tags
fun, oklahoma, travel, tulsa, visit