Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 04-02-2011, 05:51 AM   #1941
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,223 Times in 478 Posts
femmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputation

I am really really interested in altered books and I have taken several bookbinding classes; also my house is now filling with paper of all kinds....I am intrigued by this thread and have wondered if I could get an idea of some of the projects you all do......are there pix somewhere?
Inquiring minds and all (the prospect of reading 97 pages is overpowering right now....)

Elle*
And your heart, as it was then, will be on fire.

Anna Akhmatova "White nights"
femmennoir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to femmennoir For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #1942
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

femmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputation

For those New Yorkers! There is a groupon today for The Ink Pad in the West Village, $15 for $30 of supplies! Got mine!

Elle*

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to femmennoir For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2011, 09:50 AM   #1943
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Arrow femmennoir summary in Tommi speak below

Hello femmennoir,
WE are at 97 pages. Creative bunch, eh. (see pixie quote for topics)
A person requests to be the Wrangler of a project, creates the subject, outlines criteria start and stop date, receives all the completed projects including $5.oo for postage and handling, (bubble envelope, etc) from each participant, Wrangles them into equal sets, and sends to the return address of the participant. Some folks ar late for the train, so the Wrangler taps foot ..tap..tap..tap, then when all are recived sent and received, the partipants are filled with awe and amazement at the Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types talent and wonderful collectibles.

Well, pixie did a summary recently of the previous "Projects" which I quoted below. The titles don't tell much. We have not done a book, but I would love to. Maybe a chapbook size. !! hinting ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmennoir View Post
I am really really interested in altered books and I have taken several bookbinding classes; also my house is now filling with paper of all kinds....I am intrigued by this thread and have wondered if I could get an idea of some of the projects you all do......are there pix somewhere?
Inquiring minds and all (the prospect of reading 97 pages is overpowering right now....)

Elle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
Penpal Former Wranglers and Topics:

Gemme- Passion
Diva- Green
Ami- Triptych Cards
Jake- Trees and Water
Jennifer- Addictions
Pixie- Secret Penpal
Diva- What makes you happy
Cara-Postcard Swap
Diva-Heartless Valentine
Jennifer- Post Secrets
Tommi- Spring
Pixie- Words

I am proud to say we only skipped someone twice in the wrangle line...and they came back shortly there after to wrangle......

Wrangler Waiting List:

Deviant
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #1944
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Lurking!

I read this thread all the time and I think I have posted once. That Junque Journal thing is so super cool I cannot stand it!!! I can't wait to try it with my daughter.

I got some adult coloring books for all the ladies in my family from LeftWrite Femme and it has started a resurgence of crafting at our house!!

Thank you all for sharing your cool ideas on stuff.
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2011, 10:14 AM   #1945
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Elle*
Tommi gave you a good idea of where we are at this point. Some of us still do the typical penpal thing, but for the most part, we are doing craft rounds as well as beginning work on chapters for a BFP book that will be bound by our Pixie before the Reunion. Since you have experience in binding, perhaps when that time comes, you would be gracious enough to give her some ideas?

We designate a wrangler who will determine the current project, rules/size or materials parameters for that particular project as well as the deadlines for signing up and mailing out your work. They collect it (and the postage money Tommi mentioned as well, since we all try to divvy the costs up pretty equally, we send $5 with our work to the wrangler so that they can repackage the participants' individual pieces and send them back out as a collection to each person).

This is what we have going on now (below). If you would like to participate, please copy the list of those who have already signed up and post it with your name added on to the bottom. The number of pieces you would need to make are the total number of partipants, minus one (yourself) unless you would like one of your own pieces back to add to the collection..in that case, you would make as many pieces as there are participants. Make sure Pixie has your mailing information and you have hers and CREATE! Voila! We are very free with materials, design, sizes and whatnot, so don't think you have to conform in some way. We just ask that it be a reasonable size for shipping. Usually, the largest we go is paper size (8.5x11) and if we do go that large, we typically add a bit more for the reshipping of the packages.

Originally Posted by Pixie
Sooooo....This round is entitled Words. Inspired by this quote:

"Words! Mere words! How terrible they were! How clear, and vivid, and cruel! One could not escape from them. And yet what a subtle magic there was in them! They seemed to be able to give a plastic form to formless things, and to have a music of their own as sweet as that of viol or of lute. Mere words! Was there anything so real as words?" -The picture of Dorian Gray (Oscar Wilde)

What do words mean to you? What words define you? What words do you wish never existed? Let your words run amok!

Due to me by April 28 (Don't forget the $5)

1- Pixie
2- Tommi
3- Deviant
4- Jennifer
5- amiyesiam
6- Corkey
7- purepisces
8- softness
9- lionpaw
10- Gemme
11- Diva
12- wolfbittenpoet
13-
14-
15-

Thank you for your interest! We love having new artists join us and show us their work. If you have any questions we haven't answered, please feel free to ask. We're all very open about what we do and absolutely love art in (most of) its forms and would love for you to participate.

In other semi-related news, REAL craft videos have people swearing.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #1946
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
I read this thread all the time and I think I have posted once. That Junque Journal thing is so super cool I cannot stand it!!! I can't wait to try it with my daughter.

I got some adult coloring books for all the ladies in my family from LeftWrite Femme and it has started a resurgence of crafting at our house!!

Thank you all for sharing your cool ideas on stuff.
If you would like to participate in any of our rounds, please don't hesitate to sign up! As I mentioned to Elle, we appreciate seeing new to us artists and their work.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2011, 11:11 AM   #1947
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

It's been crazy wild here....several projects going on at once! I. LOVE. IT.

Here's a picture of the cover of my Junk Journal.....it's a fun drive~by project! (Meaning, I keep it out/open.....if I find something I like, I plop it in the book as I walk by....lol...You & I both know it's not really that way.....but I DO keep the book out & open so that I'm constantly thinking about what to put in it next!) (This picture may be big as I forgot to resize before I d/l'd it...sorry!)

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2011, 12:24 PM   #1948
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

If you would like to participate, please copy the list of those who have already signed up and post it with your name added on to the bottom. The number of pieces you would need to make are the total number of partipants, minus one (yourself) unless you would like one of your own pieces back to add to the collection..in that case, you would make as many pieces as there are participants. Make sure Pixie has your mailing information and you have hers and CREATE! Voila! We are very free with materials, design, sizes and whatnot, so don't think you have to conform in some way. We just ask that it be a reasonable size for shipping. Usually, the largest we go is paper size (8.5x11) and if we do go that large, we typically add a bit more for the reshipping of the packages.
Originally Posted by Pixie

"Words! Mere words! How terrible they were! How clear, and vivid, and cruel! One could not escape from them. And yet what a subtle magic there was in them! They seemed to be able to give a plastic form to formless things, and to have a music of their own as sweet as that of viol or of lute. Mere words! Was there anything so real as words?" -The picture of Dorian Gray (Oscar Wilde)

What do words mean to you? What words define you? What words do you wish never existed? Let your words run amok!

1- Pixie
2- Tommi
3- Deviant
4- Jennifer
5- amiyesiam
6- Corkey
7- purepisces
8- softness
9- lionpaw
10- Gemme
11- Diva
12- wolfbittenpoet
13- Elle*
14-
15-

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to femmennoir For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #1949
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Yet another innocent victim falls prey to our evil crack delights....BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome, WBP & Elle!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #1950
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

Thank you all for this warm welcome! I have a question: say there are 15 participants, do you make all 15 projects exactly the same?
Just wondering!

Elle*, looking into all her boxes of ribbons and notions, and planning to use that groupon very soon!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to femmennoir For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2011, 02:07 PM   #1951
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I've only done 1 project so far, but none of mine were the same in art, but the same in size and how they were put together following the theme. If we get 15 people to sign up, you could make 15 so that you get one of yours back. Otherwise you make one less than the number who sign up.
Hope that helps.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #1952
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Thank you all for this warm welcome! I have a question: say there are 15 participants, do you make all 15 projects exactly the same?
Just wondering!

Elle*, looking into all her boxes of ribbons and notions, and planning to use that groupon very soon!
You could if you wish but it's not a requirement. Some of us have done that at one point or another, but some of us make a completely different piece for each person and, if you know the participants well enough, you are more than welcome to 'assign' who what piece goes to.

When I opt to do that, I put my pieces in a ziplock type baggie and write in marker on the front of the baggie who it is supposed to go to. You could also put sticky notes on the pieces if you would rather do that. Remember to sign your pieces too. I usually put my s/name on the back of each piece.

We're very free and fluid here. Everyone's art is not going to be the same and some of us are at different skill levels than others, but we all have a lovely time doing these projects and I know that I am always very excited to receive our full collections back from the wrangler.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 04-02-2011 at 03:29 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #1953
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

1- Pixie
2- Tommi
3- Deviant
4- Jennifer
5- amiyesiam
6- Corkey
7- purepisces
8- softness
9- lionpaw
10- Gemme
11- Diva
12- wolfbittenpoet
13- Elle
14-
15-

WAHOOO I'm so excited! Glad to have y'all aboard!
As of right now you would make 12. But we still have 2 days!!!
Hope everyones weekend is going well!

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pixie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #1954
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

This round is entitled Words. Inspired by this quote:

1- Pixie
2- Tommi
3- Deviant
4- Jennifer
5- amiyesiam
6- Corkey
7- purepisces
8- softness
9- lionpaw
10- Gemme
11- Diva
12- wolfbittenpoet
13- Elle

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pixie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2011, 07:54 PM   #1955
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Words; Gottit

12 Words
28th
$5.00

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2011, 11:50 PM   #1956
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

I absolutely sucketh at the deadline thing so I am putting myself on a time out from the next few projects so I can work on a few other things instead (PLANET project, cross-stitch projects for BFP Reunion Silent Auction, etc.)

Tommi~11 Spring projects are heading your way via First-Class USPS Mail as of 2 p.m. today. They should arrive Thursday. I've got the tracking info. if you need it. However, the money is still here on my table. I will send tomorrow or Wednesday...as soon as I have time to find a stamp.

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2011, 12:32 AM   #1957
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

I may, or may not, have just recently mentioned to someone who may, or may not, be an active participant in this group that those of us who may, or may not, lurk on a regular basis might really love it if y'all would post more pics of the stuffs you make and the stuffs you get! Please and thank you.
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2011, 12:32 AM   #1958
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
I absolutely sucketh at the deadline thing so I am putting myself on a time out from the next few projects so I can work on a few other things instead (PLANET project, cross-stitch projects for BFP Reunion Silent Auction, etc.)

Tommi~11 Spring projects are heading your way via First-Class USPS Mail as of 2 p.m. today. They should arrive Thursday. I've got the tracking info. if you need it. However, the money is still here on my table. I will send tomorrow or Wednesday...as soon as I have time to find a stamp.

kewl..yours will be here by the time the others get here too. Life gets in the way, and things just happen. Thus, no fretting over this being late. Who cares???? It's not the tax deadline, or a payment due date. The time frames are lenient, because, some work, some play, some school, some health issues, some family issues. sum it all up, and it all gets dine okay. Then again I know certain peeps like the rules to be followed.

I can't tell you how many times I have forgoten to include the return money. In fact i think I still owe someone, and have forgotten who. (Good time to speak up if I O U. )

So, they are still coming in and spring is in my dining room,
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2011, 01:23 AM   #1959
Delish

How Do You Identify?:
Queen of our castle
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
She put a ring on it and the date is set :)

Delish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=Tommi;314031]

I can't tell you how many times I have forgoten to include the return money. In fact i think I still owe someone, and have forgotten who. (Good time to speak up if I O U. )

[COLOR="Green"][B]
Well now that u mentioned it Tommi, it's me u owe...(giggle) sorry had to
Old 04-05-2011, 03:40 AM   #1960
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayla View Post
I may, or may not, have just recently mentioned to someone who may, or may not, be an active participant in this group that those of us who may, or may not, lurk on a regular basis might really love it if y'all would post more pics of the stuffs you make and the stuffs you get! Please and thank you.

What are You saying?

I have created an album with my PenPal art....I haven't always taken photos of my stuff, but I did get pics of my last round of Post Secrets (wrangled by Jennifer). Good suggestion, Gayla......maybe You should participate sometime! It's great fun!

Last edited by Diva; 04-05-2011 at 04:04 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types