Old 05-31-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
BrownEyedAngel

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
15 years & still in love....

BrownEyedAngel Has the BEST ReputationBrownEyedAngel Has the BEST ReputationBrownEyedAngel Has the BEST ReputationBrownEyedAngel Has the BEST ReputationBrownEyedAngel Has the BEST ReputationBrownEyedAngel Has the BEST ReputationBrownEyedAngel Has the BEST ReputationBrownEyedAngel Has the BEST ReputationBrownEyedAngel Has the BEST ReputationBrownEyedAngel Has the BEST ReputationBrownEyedAngel Has the BEST Reputation
Angry CNN Anchor: ‘Incest, pedophilia are often not by choice… homosexuality is a lifestyle choice’

CNN anchor Ashleigh Banfield on Thursday, claimed that, unlike pedophilia and incest, “homosexuality is a lifestyle choice by people — it is voluntary.”

Banfield was reporting on comments made by Kansas Pastor Curtis Knapp, who during a Sunday sermon called for the government to kill gays and lesbians.

Read the story here:

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2012/05/c...estyle-choice/

Perhaps someone should point out to anchor Ashleigh Banfield that there are instances in which it is better to remain silent and be thought ignorant than to speak and prove it...

Pedophilia has nothing to do with the perpetrators sexual orientation, it is about the perpetrator experiencing personal gratification by controlling another individual, usually a child. Pedophilia is illegal because a child, who can not consent, suffers mental, emotional, and sometimes physical damage when victimized.

Incest is only illegal due to the risk of birth defects to any progeny caused by procreating within too small a gene pool. Incest is a crime, again, because an innocent child is subject to suffer lifelong mental and physical damage as a result.

Sexual orientation is a trait that an individual is born with. An individual who is not homosexual is simply not qualified to pontificate on whether or not it is a choice. They have no position of experience from which to draw their conclusions, therefore all that they can offer is suppositions and conjecture.

One's sexual orientation is not a criminal act because a loving, consensual, adult relationship poses no danger to anyone.

Ashleigh Banfield's comparison between the criminal acts of pedophilia and incest, and an inborn trait like sexual orientation accomplishes nothing more than illustrating her own ignorance. Anyone can be ignorant. When one CHOOSES to remain ignorant, the result is stupidity, and that is the ONLY choice that exists here.

Comments?
Old 05-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

I am with you up until the section I quoted from your post.

I wasn't born with any predetermined sexual orientation; in fact, I made conscious choices as to whom my lovers would be.

I do realize this is not the case for many, but it should not negate my access to full civil rights under the law. Choice or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedAngel View Post
Sexual orientation is a trait that an individual is born with
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
BrownEyedAngel

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
15 years & still in love....

BrownEyedAngel Has the BEST ReputationBrownEyedAngel Has the BEST ReputationBrownEyedAngel Has the BEST ReputationBrownEyedAngel Has the BEST ReputationBrownEyedAngel Has the BEST ReputationBrownEyedAngel Has the BEST ReputationBrownEyedAngel Has the BEST ReputationBrownEyedAngel Has the BEST ReputationBrownEyedAngel Has the BEST ReputationBrownEyedAngel Has the BEST ReputationBrownEyedAngel Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Excellent point

HowSoonIsNow,

I respect you statement regarding the conscious choices that you made in who you choose to love, and you are certainly correct in saying that, regardless of whether one was born with their sexual orientation or whether they choose to become involved with a member of the same gender, neither instance negates their right to equal civil rights.

Thank you for reminding me that the issue here is, and should be, about equality for everyone, regardless of how their differences came about.

Angel
Old 05-31-2012, 10:36 PM   #4
LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:
Single but haven't given up on finding the One

Thanked 9,646 Times in 3,123 Posts
LoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST Reputation
Reading news stories like this one and watching the clips remind me why I will not even debate with a heterosexual any aspects of not being a heterosexual. Then throw in my obvious masculine appearance combined with an actual education and I just have to laugh at people speaking before they think or about things they have very little information about. I am not sure either of them would comprehend the battle for equality that has been going on for decades now.The article actually has a link to the APA site with the current definition on the subject. Two things I would like to point out here that maybe should be pointed out to the preacher advocating the government killing all of us and the report's choice of words. 1) As stated and I agree with on the APA site the actual act of having sex with someone has very little to do with a person's sexual identity, you can be celibate and know if you are a homosexual, bisexual, or a heterosexual. 2) Most, please notice that I used the word most and not all, homosexuals have no choose about their sexual identity. So in total agreement here BrownEyedGirl and also in agreement with HowSoonIsNow's statement. Thanks for sharing the story.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LoyalWolfsBlade For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2012, 05:28 AM   #5
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

Actually paedophilia is believed to be something you are born with. I can't see what the point of it is? I guess it's a bit like psychopathy, there is no point to it yet it endures anyway. There are supposed to be as many paedophiles in the world as psychopaths, possibly more.

It does genuinely concern me how many men, particularly religious men, seem to feel that having sex with an adult male is worse than raping a 4 year old girl. I guess it's just another way to keep women and girls in fear of freedom.