Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 04-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Laramie Project....play about Matthew Shepard's death...coming to small town in East Tx./ Tyler to be exact.

'The Laramie Project' is coming to Tyler
Posted: Apr 12, 2010 5:33 PM CDT
Updated: Apr 14, 2010 11:18 AM CDT

(News can be read at www.kltv.com)

TYLER, TX (KLTV) - Tuesday night the Tyler Civic Theatre decided The Laramie Project will go on, as originally scheduled.

The play focuses on the death of Matthew Shepard, a gay college student who was killed in Laramie, Wyoming.

Nearly 100 Laramie supporters gathered, along with one protestor, as the board made its decision.

For theatre employees and volunteers, the gathering was an unexpected sight.

"Publicity for the theatre is great, but it's in a negative sight," said Justin Purser. "It's not the kind of publicity that would be wanted by any of us." Purser, who works at the theatre, disagrees with the board's decision.

"I think a lot of us disagree with it being staged here," he said.

Troy Carlyle, is the chair of Tyler Area Gays, the group that is sponsoring the production.
"I'm proud of the city of Tyler," Carlyle said. "It's changing. The city is becoming more understanding and accepting."

Show dates are June 17, 18 and 19. Tickets go on sale May 1st, and will be available here.

Copyright 2010 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

How about an addy or something so I can get tickets..im only about an hour from Tyler.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:08 PM   #3
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
How about an addy or something so I can get tickets..im only about an hour from Tyler.
Here's the Link for the Tyler civic Theater website, Rockin.
http://tylercivictheater.com/

TICKETS GO ON SALE MAY 1st , PLAY STARTS JUNE 17th. Please check the link above for times and ticket purchasing. Hope you all enjoy the show.

Last edited by JustBeingMe; 04-20-2010 at 12:29 PM. Reason: adding time for ticket sales and play start date.
JustBeingMe is offline   Reply With Quote