Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 08-06-2010, 07:36 AM   #1
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy Help Silver avoid death penalty for being old!

I know there are many, many animal advocates/lovers on the planet, and I'm asking for your help in spreading the word about a dear old soul. I'm currently looking for another Australian Shepherd, as it's been a year since my beloved Jesse passed away. One dog in particular is pulling at my heart strings:

Silver is a 10 year old Australian Shepherd. His colour is called blue merle. He's the same age as my Jesse was, and looks exactly like he did.

Silver is due to be euthanized on August 13th. His owner passed away and there's nobody else who can take care of him. I would honestly adopt him myself, but he's in Arizona, and there's no way for me to get him here, or for me to go there. Please, please, please! If you could share this on your facebook page, send it to folks you know in AZ....whatever you can do!

Here's a link to the web site that lists dogs in danger of being euthanized. And here's Silver's listing.

We can make a difference, one animal at a time!

Thanks for taking the time to read Silver's story. Now go to facebook and post a link!

The thanks you!
Old 08-06-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Bumping this. Please click on the link and post on your facebook (or twitter) page. That's just two clicks to maybe save a life.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:43 AM   #3
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Have you tried contacting groups that save that breed of dog?
There are many out there if you google it you may be surprised
Maybe you'll find one that can figure out how to get the dog to you.

I'll keep Silver in my prayers
Hoping a solution will come

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2010, 08:45 AM   #4
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

In fact, I'll make it even easier for you as I just did a quick search

Contact these people and give them the info you already know
http://www.ascofaz.org/rescue.htm

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2010, 09:43 AM   #5
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Thanks for the link Wolfy. I'll send them a link to Silver's posting. I've been on the phone and on the computer trying to find a way to at least have him transferred to a no-kill shelter. ALL suggestions are welcome! Is anyone active at a shelter that would consider transferring him? He only has four more days!
Old 08-06-2010, 09:50 AM   #6
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default BUMP BUMP BUMP

BUMP!

save my brother!
i am the puppy king after all!

@
Old 08-06-2010, 10:20 AM   #7
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I would take silver in if he were here...he is EXACTLY the kind of dog I foster/adopt. Old dogs often dont have a chance. People are worried they will die on them. "They are living on borrowed time." WHen you adopt any animal, there is no guarantee they will live for any amount of time. I have had puppies pass away. And yet, my elderly dogs, live a good 7, 8,and 9 years longer with me.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #8
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

looking around....where is Cody???
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #9
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Are you all ready for some good news? I talked to the adoption coordinator for his shelter, and she's agreed to cancel his euthinasia date! She's going to try to find a temporary foster home for him until he can be transferred. I'm going to try and raise the money to have him transferred to Maine, and if so I hope to adopt him. But honestly, if anyone else finds a more immediate solution, go for it! She says he's a sweet guy, and deserves another chance. She's even going to waive the adoption fee!

Can I get an AMEN????

I'll post as this progresses and let you all know how it's going.

Thanks so much for the support!

Sue
Old 08-06-2010, 11:21 AM   #10
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Sue...I am trying to find the woman who has helped me transport dogs across the nation...and I have participated in some of her transports as well. And its free. I am out looking for her now...

and..if they are coming this way, I will check and see what other dogs are in that shelter and see if we cant find other homes along the way and get them over here too....

this is all done on a volunteer basis, so if you want to help, I will post the course of the transport and you can sign up for a leg of it. Its usually less than a 2 hour drive tho we have had people drive 10 hours to help a dog get to his forever home...

think about it and I will gt back to you..

oh...and look at dogs from that shelter..its so much better when we can transport 2, max 3 dogs instead of just one...

Az to Maine...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #11
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Default Some sad news.

When I got home this evening I had a voice mail message from the director of the shelter housing Silver. She explained that given his health problems and age they have decided that the kindest course of action would be to follow through and euthanize him. I can only assume that they're acting in Silver's best interests.

I'll continue to look for another animal that needs a good home and is a good match for my family. I hope those of you who are able will continue to do whatever you are able to help animals who are in need.

Thanks to all who posted here and especially to those who tried to help Silver.

Sue
Old 08-06-2010, 09:39 PM   #12
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

in my arms I will hold him, as I sleep the night away, under the moon we will cherish, the last few moments on earth....

The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2010, 10:45 PM   #13
paposeco

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he,him,sir,dood...
Relationship Status:
ISO my Queen...

paposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputation
Sorry to hear about Silver.., my heart and prayers are with him. May his crossing be peacefull
..let us now also pray and help those that remain in need of our help and compassion.
God bless them all.
paposeco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to paposeco For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2010, 10:53 PM   #14
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

I just had to have my dog euthanized today. He was 2 months shy of 14 and had paralysis in his rear legs due to an arthritically compressed spine. Since he could no longer walk we decided to let him go. I posted his pic in the gallery. He died in my arms on the vet table.

I would like to have another dog some day but I need time to grieve right now. I am sorry to hear about Silver as well. Sometimes euthanasia is the best thing for an old worn out dog.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:05 AM   #15
Scota_Parisi

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mz.
Relationship Status:
Houston, we have landed.

Scota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST Reputation

Very, very sorry to hear about Silver. Recently had to put my own 13 year old friend to rest. My boy was tired and had so many things go wrong at once.

Keep staying strong for the others out there that need good homes!

"It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on Earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it were the only one we had."
---Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Scota_Parisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:16 AM   #16
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebee View Post
When I got home this evening I had a voice mail message from the director of the shelter housing Silver. She explained that given his health problems and age they have decided that the kindest course of action would be to follow through and euthanize him. I can only assume that they're acting in Silver's best interests.

I'll continue to look for another animal that needs a good home and is a good match for my family. I hope those of you who are able will continue to do whatever you are able to help animals who are in need.

Thanks to all who posted here and especially to those who tried to help Silver.

Sue
So sorry. i hoped he could stick around a while longer.
(((Silver)))