Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 05-06-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation
Default Diffrent Types of petitions to consider

Feel free to add any petitions you may want seen here.
Just to share information and also to have signed if anyone feels strongly about them.
I will add the first. This letter and petition was brought to my attention this morning.
~*~

Testifying yesterday before the Senate Homeland Security Committee, Mayor Michael Bloomberg described the Terror Gap as "a serious and dangerous breach of national security" and raised a critical question:

"When gun dealers run background checks, should FBI agents have the authority to block sales of guns and explosives to those on the terror watch lists?"
Under current federal law, the FBI can stop suspects on the terrorist watch list from boarding an airplane, but they cannot stop them from buying guns or explosives. Terror suspects have exploited this flaw in our nations gun laws more than one thousand times in the past six years.

Chair of the Homeland Security Committee, Senator Joseph Lieberman, summarized the situation this way:

"We are simply not doing all we can to stop terrorists from buying firearms."
Witness after witness, including NYPD Commissioner Kelly, and LAPD Assistant Chief of Police MacArthur, helped deliver a powerful message: It's time for Congress to close the Terror Gap.

Right now, we have a chance to push our elected officials to take action. But we need to spread the word and collect as many signatures as possible.

Sign Petition here if you choose:

http://www.terrorgap.org/

As Mayor Bloomberg said yesterday, "The security of our free state is being tested by terrorists."

Let's make sure we pass that test by closing the Terror Gap and keeping our communities safe.

Thanks for your support,
Mayors Against Illegal Guns

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Lady Pamela,

Thank you for this link. I just signed it.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

Petition for LGBT Marriage

To: All Government Officials
This petition requests that all government officials, regardless of political party, religion, race, sex, or orientation recognize the need for equal rights concerning current marriage laws. You are being asked to consider the large homosexual population in America and their request for recognition and equal treatment and benefits that are freely given to heterosexual couples. These laws need to change in able to support the doctrines of the United States Constitution. The current laws have been found to be unconstitutional and promote intolerance in this country. The right given to two consenting adults, who love each other should not be awarded to some and denied to others. This is pure discrimination. We ask you to do everything in your power to protect the laws regarding equal marriage rights for all couples, heterosexual and homosexual. To do this, the right to marry must be available to all. The people of this country have elected you to better the conditions of this land and expect you to act upon the requests of its citizens. The opportunity for change is now. Please support equal marriage laws.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

Sign Petition here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/Anjoel...tion-sign.html

Current signitures:

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...d.cgi?Anjoel22

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Old 05-06-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Default Protect Girls From Violence and Exploitation

Every day girls in Ethiopia are forced into grueling domestic labor or the sex trade.

But programs like the UN's Bright Future in Addis Ababa give hope. Girls in Bright Future get an education and protection from violence and exploitation.

Tell UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon to use Bright Future as a model to fulfill the UN's goal end violence against women worldwide.

Sign Petition here:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takea...?z00m=19841631

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Old 04-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #5
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Default HOPE FOR CANCER

Please take a minute to sign this petition for aide in cancer research/ cancer help for the children and to help those willing to sponsor it as well.
Help bring a smile to a childs face..hope to a mothers heart and new reseach money to get one step closer to finding a cure..

petition link below.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/get...ghting-cancer/

Thank you,
Namast'e

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Old 04-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #6
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

This Barbie thing is a joke I hope.............please say it's a joke....

just make a donation directly to St Jude and skip the toxic chemicals, wasteful packaging, jobs in china/mexico and pandering to the almighty pink.........
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2012, 01:16 AM   #7
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Here is a thoroughbred race horse dumped at a slaughterhouses, a site that will now become commonplace across America. They will be executed and cut up to be sold as meat for consumption in America thanks to this Congress and this President. Shame on them all. What happened to your promise to ban this forever Mr President?

Please sign the petition http://www.change.org/petitions/over...an-consumption

...and also contact your representatives to tell them how disgusted you are. We must stop this before it goes any further. Thanks!

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #8
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

No jail time for birth control

Honduras is just days away from approving an extremist law that would put teenagers in prison for using the morning-after pill, even if they've just been raped. But we can stop this law and ensure women have the chance to prevent unwanted pregnancy.

http://www.avaaz.org/en/no_prison_fo...?fFigGcb&pv=48

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Old 04-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #9
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Why This Is Important

Transgender and gender non-conforming students at the University of Pittsburgh are now required to use the bathroom or locker room that corresponds to the sex on their birth certificate. Historically, the University of Pittsburgh did not have an articulated policy regarding what bathrooms transgender people could use. Transgender and gender non-conforming students were able to use the bathroom or locker room of their identified gender.

http://www.change.org/petitions/univ...iate-bathrooms

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Old 06-08-2012, 11:21 PM   #10
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

I normally would not post something like a boycott...
But it is from a reliable source, which I am a member of...
We (The NFB) are trying to pass legislation to ensure equal pay for equal work.
Did you know that there is a law that says that companies can legally pay their disabled and blind workers far below the National Mininium wage???
It is true, and it is UNFAIR!
If you feel it is unfair too... please share this on your walls...
A person can NOT live on $7.25 an hour... but somehow Goodwill and other employers seem to think it would be fair to only pay them $1.75 an hour???
I made more than that an hour on my first job over 30 years ago!!!
Shame on those employers!

http://www.nfb.org/national-federati...ill-industries

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Old 07-27-2012, 01:48 AM   #11
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

The owners of this shop recently turned away a gay couple shopping for a wedding cake because they "don't serve gay weddings." This is an extremely exciting and special time in a young couples' lives, an experience they'll hopefully never have again. They've spent time dreaming up their perfect day to celebrate their love and commitment to each other, and they admiringly chose this business to add one of the most traditional pieces to their ceremony: the cake. But they were denied service because of their sexuality. As a member of the LGBT community in the area, I am appalled at this abhorrent behavior. We need to send a message to them that in this day and age, bigotry cannot and will not be tolerated. I'm not sure how the cakes taste, but I know how bigotry and hate tastes and it is disgusting.

petition:

http://signon.org/sign/boycott-masterpiece-cakeshop

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Old 08-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #12
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Default Dogs Being Killed and Displayed Because They Barked!

These animals are being killed because they bark! Then being displayed on the internet on a facebook page.

Facebook says this is fine.

Shut this page down now..please sign this.

http://www.causes.com/causes/661294-...ction_ref_map=[]

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #13
mariamma

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,116 Times in 281 Posts
mariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputation

Let's change the law: Rape is a hate crime.
http://www.change.org/petitions/lets...-a-hate-crime#
In light of the recent misogyny and revelation that 31 states allow males who rape and father children through rape to have parental rights, some new petitions from Change.org are coming out. Expect one on changing the parental rights of rapists to appear at some point.
mariamma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariamma For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 11:43 PM   #14
mariamma

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,116 Times in 281 Posts
mariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputation

A petition to disallow raping 'fathers' to have parental rights in Minnesota.
http://www.change.org/petitions/the-...s-want-custody
mariamma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariamma For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #15
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:
Caught An Angel and she doesn't lie!

Thanked 1,861 Times in 614 Posts
DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation
Default Moveon Petition to macy's to oust Trump

Dear MoveOn member,

Macy's has a special deal with Donald Trump to sell his clothing line and fragrance. They have also honored Trump with major events at the Macy's Herald Square location, and they sometimes feature Trump in ads in order to celebrate the "magic of Macy's."

For years Donald Trump has engaged in especially unpleasant, nasty, and despicable behavior, including stoking racist conspiracy theories about President Obama's birth certificate.

I'll personally deliver the petition to Macy's headquarters before the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade to make sure it gets maximum attention.

Macy's boasts about its social responsibility policy, which reads:

There is no shortage of talk about the obligation of public companies to be socially responsible to the people and communities where they do business. At Macy's, Inc., we hold those same beliefs—along with a belief that actions speak louder than words when it comes to helping tackle some of the toughest problems facing us today.

Indeed, Macy's. Actions speak louder than words. So act now, and dump Trump.

To ask Macy's to do the right thing, I created a petition on SignOn.org to Macy's President, CEO, and Chairman of the Board, Terry Lundgren, which says:

Macy's: Donald Trump does not reflect the "magic of Macy's." We urge you to sever ties with him. Macy's says it has a strong obligation to be "socially responsible" and that "actions speak louder than words." Indeed. It's time to act.

Click here to add your name to this petition, and then pass it along to your friends.
http://signon.org/sign/urge-macys-to...254741-TW5UhAx

More info

Macy's partners with Donald Trump.

Macy's has a special deal with Donald Trump. They invest in developing Trump's brand and sell his clothing line and fragrance at their locations. To this end, they have had major events at Macy's Herald Square location and they often feature and promote Trump in advertisements designed to celebrate the magic of Macy's.

Recently, Macy's CEO Terry Lundgren sent Donald Trump a letter touting how excited Macy's was to be working with Trump and promising to expand Trump's brand even further than it already is.

But, why is Macy's celebrating Trump?

Donald Trump engages in especially unpleasant, nasty and despicable behavior:

- Long engaged in sexist behavior. Trump has a long record of personally attacking women he disagrees by calling them "unattractive," ugly, fat or by doing things like the time he sent one target a personal note telling her that she has the "face of a dog." Not even his own daught er is immune to Trump's sexism. While referring to his daughter, Trump observed: "She does have a very nice figure...if [she] weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her."

- Hypocritically complains about jobs being shipped overseas to China, despite the fact that his own brand of ties sold at Macy's are made in China.

- Trump repeatedly uses his platform to deny the reality of climate change. And, following Hurricane Sandy, Trump publicly declared: "The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive."

- For well over a year, Trump perpetuated the racially charged birther conspiracy, repeatedly arguing that President Obama has been lying and was not born in the United States.

The list goes on. But the point remains, Macy's should dump Trump.

Macy's boasts about its social responsibility policy, which reads: "There is no shortage of talk about the obligation of public companies to be socially responsible to the people and communities where they do business. At Macy’s, Inc., we hold those same beliefs – along with a belief that actions speak louder than words when it comes to helping tackle some of the toughest problems facing us today."

Indeed Macy's. Actions speak louder than words. So, act and dump Trump.

That's why I signed a petition to Terry J. Lundgren, Chairman of the Board, CEO and President at Macy's Inc., which says:

"Macy's: Donald Trump does not reflect the "magic of Macy's." We urge you to sever ties with him. Macy's says it has a strong obligation to be "socially responsible" and that "actions speak louder than words." Indeed. It's time to act."

Will you sign the petition too? Click here to add your name:

http://signon.org/sign/urge-macys-to...d&r_by=3562279

Thanks!

Thanks!

–Angelo Carusone
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2012, 08:28 AM   #16
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:

DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation
Default Credo Petition to Ugandan President Museventi: Promise to veto the "Kill the Gays" bill

http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/...787607-Xgp6flx

Conservative lawmakers in the Ugandan Parliament are once again pushing a bill that would make being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender a crime that is punishable by death.

The Ugandan "Kill the Gays" bill is back on the Parliament's schedule to be passed before the end of the year.

After he initially endorsed the bill, President Museveni responded to international pressure and promised to veto the bill. But it's going to take a massive outcry from activists to overcome intense pressure at home and ensure that he keeps this promise.

Tell Ugandan President Museveni: Keep your promise to veto the "Kill the Gays" bill. Click the link below to sign the petition.

http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/...6flx&rc=paste1
Old 12-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #17
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:

Default Dear Roman Catholic Leaders: Stop funding discrimination

Human Rights Campaign Petition
One of our incredible supporters is sending a letter to Cardinal Dolan, the president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops. Regardless of your faith, if you agree, add your name right now.

https://secure3.convio.net/hrc/site/...utm_term=link1
Old 01-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #18
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:

Default Biden asking to sign Anti-gun violence petition to lawmaker

http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/pre...2721#submitted
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #19
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Default Protect our Second Amendment from changing.

If changes are made, it is only the beginning of loosing our right to protect our own.

http://www.nagr.org/FeinsteinGunBan_...n.aspx?pid=fb1

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Old 01-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #20
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:

Default Thank Madam Secretary of State Hillary Cinton

http://www.dscc.org/home

http://www.dscc.org/home