Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 12-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #61
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

i just remembered seeing a reality show about whitney houstons family. i am a whitney lover. she is the voice of inspiration, ... the absolute greatest. i love whitney! but i can't watch the show. it is reality, ... but i don't want to see her daughter drunk, drugged, and disrespectful. i don't know who allowed this to be shown, ... it's very heartbreaking.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #62
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by macele View Post
i just remembered seeing a reality show about whitney houstons family. i am a whitney lover. she is the voice of inspiration, ... the absolute greatest. i love whitney! but i can't watch the show. it is reality, ... but i don't want to see her daughter drunk, drugged, and disrespectful. i don't know who allowed this to be shown, ... it's very heartbreaking.

I thought that too. Just too soon for this shit. I have not watched it and I don't think I will.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #63
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
I'm not a huge fan of reality television, shock jock radio or "entertainment news" - generally. Almost all of those shows make me uncomfortably embarrassed for the people participating in them. I can't even watch the 'Amazing Race', which is a great concept, because the amount of xenophobia that many of the contestants spew every time they're in a foreign culture makes me cringe and change the channel.

Don't even get me started on "real housewives" or "mob wives" or the Kardasians... or the billion dollar birthday parties for pre-teens ... or the spray tanned children ... What do those shows say about how we view women? And children? And what our values are?

...But that's me. they make *me* really uncomfortable.

I don't begrudge anyone the right to decide which shows to watch, books to read, magazines to buy, radio stations to listen to. BUT I do believe that we perpetuate it by "buying it". For example, the paparazzi only exists because magazines pay $100s of $1000s for photos of public figures, and magazines only pay that much for a single photo because those photos sell magazines.

I don't think there is anything wrong with enjoying shows or magazines or internet sites - but make no mistake your choice to participate as a consumer is not negligible, your participation is counted, it does impact what type of television shows are made, how far a photographer will go for a shot, how outrageous a act has to be in order to gardner audiences - it impacts what policies are in place and where the boundaries are...
<Big clapping hands emoticon we don't have here>

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
True dat. Remember the word whoopie they used instead of the word sex? As if renaming it made it better somehow and we younger folks in the audience didn't have sense to know what they were talking about?

Speak for yourself!

<--- was sheltered

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #64
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
<Big clapping hands emoticon we don't have here>

Will this one do?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #65
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

I think this reality show is on Monday nights at 11pm on MTV.

It's called Catfish. The truth and lies about online dating. Max Joseph helps turn couples online relationships into a reality.

I've watched it a few times and enjoyed it
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #66
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Take It All.....

Granted I only watched the first episode, and I admit I did fast forward through most of it, but does this game show have any point to it? I mean other than showing the greediest, most deceptive, and best lying contestants?
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #67
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Thanked 2,799 Times in 468 Posts
alexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputation

"Reality television" isn't reality. Just my humble opinion.

If you're into these shows for the entertainment value, and it makes you happy, rock on. I don't watch them; I barely watch TV. I just don't think they're worth my time.

I like the quote from Professor David Irving, chairman of the television and film department at New York University: "television is entertainment" and that "the lines between fiction and reality are always blurred."

I sincerely doubt in many of these shows that the outcome isn't planned and/or the events aren't scripted. Again, if it's being appreciated as entertainment, that's one thing.

These shows push their work as "reality" when they are really edited/adjusted to portray the perception of reality some tv executive wants you to see; the things producers want to you believe so you'll watch the show. But in actuality... just a few examples...

Man vs. Wild: admitted some scenes were staged, and the star of the show was found spending nights in hotels when he was supposedly roughing it out in the wild.

Survivor: has admitted faking and reshooting scenes.

In the news today: Former 'Storage Wars' Star Files Lawsuit Claiming Show Is Fake
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...8#.UMpzQHf9xXI

I also have an aversion to hero and media worship of people that do absolutely nothing to contribute to society. The impact these shows have on society and culture is scary. I've never watched Jersey Shore, but I know who Snooki is. Can I tell you the name of the ambassador that was killed in Libya off the top of my head? No.

/gets off soapbox
alexri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alexri For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #68
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

i like storage wars. but i've never thought it was completely real. it's entertainment. and i still wish i could do it for a living lol. barry is funny. thank you barry lol. as far as dave, the show made him famous. he is richer for it. let it go.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #69
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

I watch

Face off
Top Chef and all it's lil spin offs
Project Runway (when I remember)

Face off is the only one that I actively try to follow...

I do occassionally get sucked into the kardashian world... I don't know why... I really don't have a clue as to why I like them...

I watch a lot of hgtv and food network... I really love home design /real estate and my partner is a foodie..

Tags
gossip tv, killers, murder, reality tv, talk radio