Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 01-01-2020, 05:15 PM   #41
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,735 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Like Homoe I also don't really have a tradition.But after the holidays it
is nice to chill and have a quiet day at home and watch football.

So on that note I,m taking care of some computer work and football
on in the background.
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2020, 06:38 AM   #42
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,103 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Eating black-eye peas for good luck and greens (collards for me) for money.

Also, opening the year with a house that’s spic and span. I did everything but fold the laundry—will get to that later today.

Eating chit’lin’s is also a tradition in my family, but I didn’t order any this year. I’ll miss having some with hot sauce.

Talking to family on the phone. It’s not a tradition but it’s something I do on most holidays since I don’t live close to family.
To open this new year I will have ribs on the barbie, blackeyed peas, collards seasoned with ham hocks. The peas are soaking now because I’m cooking for today and tomorrow.

No chitlns ever again for me. I recently saw a clip of how waste is extracted from chitlins and I’ll never let another one cross these lips.

Talk to family and friends.

Happy new year!

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2020, 09:07 AM   #43
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,539 Times in 10,209 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Originating in Southern California, it has always been a tradition to watch the Rose Parade. This year will be strange without it.

I read somewhere that opening your doors to let the old year out and the new one in..well, I'm going to open the windows too! Start fresh with what I breathe.

Food has not really been a tradition, except I can remember having shrimp cocktails while watching football with my Dad. I think I'll do that tomorrow.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2022, 09:41 PM   #44
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Cleaning/Fixing: My mother and aunties would clean the house from top to bottom for the new year. They'd clean baseboards, tops of doors, the works. I don't do that. But apart from my normal chores this year, I got a window washer to clean the windows.

Purging: I'm pretty good at purging, but have decided to make a point of also doing it for the new year. So this week I gave away some paper books, plants, pots for plants. Had someone take some broken appliances and a broken exercise bike to the dump.

Food: For dinner I'll eat black-eyed peas and collard greens for good luck and prosperity in this new year.
My plans as of now are to do all of this. I'll pick up greens, peas and some ham product. I may even try to find some decent cornbread. I have a lot of purging to do and cleaning is a natural side effect of purging so there you go.

I don't expect to redesign my life in 1.5 days (the amount of time I get off for the holiday) but I expect to see a difference and that's my main goal for this year: to see a difference in all that I do.

Go to the gym, see a result.
Purge more, see more floor and feel lighter inside.
Clean more, see less cat hair and breathe better.
Get out and do something different once or twice a month, see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
It worked! It worked!

I found a $20 at the gym.

Baby steps...
I forgot about this! It's so nice when instant gratification of one form or another kicks in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
My tradition is usually to spend NYE by myself. I journal, do tarot readings, burn incense and candles, eat some favorite foods, watch movies and just reflect and "be" alone. This year I broke the tradition and spent it with my roommate. I plan on getting my groove on in a bit, though.
I spend far too much time alone, so one of my resolutions is to get out more and to try more new to me things this year. I do absolutely love your journaling and watching comfort movies ideas, though.

I think I'll watch my favorite, Auntie Mame, again. So many life lessons that I need to reintroduce into my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Like Orema, I have to have the greens and black eyed peas but in the South we eat ham with it too. I was always told the greens represented dollars and the peas coins. If I had cornbread, that would represent gold, but it's hard to find good cornbread up here and I'm not really into making it so no gold for me this year. Not sure what the ham represents but it just goes so well with the others, it doesn't matter to me. All I know is that eating chicken or lobster on New Years Day is a no no. As an Italian, I also eat lentils. I had them all for brunch and it was delicious!
Since I wrote this, I learned that I'm more Irish than Italian....thanks to DNA testing....so maybe I'll have potatoes with the greens and lentils this year.

I need all the help I can get.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2022, 10:03 PM   #45
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,163 Times in 5,133 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme
Like Orema, I have to have the greens and black eyed peas but in the South we eat ham with it too. I was always told the greens represented dollars and the peas coins. If I had cornbread, that would represent gold, but it's hard to find good cornbread up here and I'm not really into making it so no gold for me this year. Not sure what the ham represents but it just goes so well with the others, it doesn't matter to me.
The way I heard it was, greens represent your money, peas represent your luck, and ham represents your health. I never heard a meaning for cornbread, but like your love for ham, it goes well with the others. Plus, I love it.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2022, 08:16 PM   #46
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
The way I heard it was, greens represent your money, peas represent your luck, and ham represents your health. I never heard a meaning for cornbread, but like your love for ham, it goes well with the others. Plus, I love it.
Works for me!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2023, 03:43 PM   #47
MaddieRobbie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Free

MaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST Reputation

I. Do. Nothing.

I work on New Year's Eve (by choice, the money's too good to pass on) and while I'm not digging ditches or driving a bus, it's never easy watching everyone else have a good time while I'm on my best behavior.

So come New Year's Day I sleep in, wear my yoga pants, eat something fun and drink champagne while I watch TV and nap.

Happy 2023!!
MaddieRobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MaddieRobbie For This Useful Post:

Tags
new year's day, traditions