Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #181
Sassy

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Together

Thanked 1,928 Times in 460 Posts
Sassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Stress x 3

Life stress -- Post holiday burnout -- seriously, the freaking tree hasn't made it to the road yet. Tension at home w/ the SO -- still in a holding pattern there. Financial stress -- I have to take a week off without pay this quarter while trying to put money back for emergencies (like becoming homeless or jobless or both.) Work stress -- Not enough people to do write a schedule that gets the work done and a boss who doesn't care that the workload is drowning my staff.
Seriously. I need a good night out w/the girls w/some bad karaoke and good beer. *laughs*
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sassy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #182
MaggieBluIze

How Do You Identify?:
Feisty Kick Butt Bratty Babygirl Femme LOL
Preferred Pronoun?:
Something Sweet Please =)
Relationship Status:
My rainbow bubble holds love, happiness and life with my sweet Husbutch Daddy Bass!

Thanked 5,385 Times in 1,504 Posts
MaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST Reputation

OMG!!!!!
My daughter has only been driving for about 3 months now ...
... Yes, stressful ... Ugh
I'm always so scared every single time she leaves the house ...
Not because of her ... She's actually very careful ...
Because of the others out there ...
Everyone has gotten so aggressive AND distracted ...
She just got hit from behind ...
Waiting to for her turn to merge into traffic ...
She says she's okay, but of course, now I'm a little freaked out ...
The girl was riding her butt and talking on her phone and
I guess just didn't see that Miranda was still in front of her.

I'm so glad she has grown into a beautiful young woman, has over come so very much, is an amazing mother ...
But I'm still so very scared for her.
I wish I could just wrap her in a bubble and never again have to worry about her ...
Too many years of complete concern and fear.

*deep breath*
Okay ... Just needed to get that out before she gets home.

Thanks for listening!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #183
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Stressed? Just a little bit. I have spent nearly all of July working every day, seven days a week and August is shaping up to be the same. The exception, thankfully, is that I'm getting almost one day off a week now.

While I appreciate the job security, I miss my family. I miss free time. I miss sleep. I miss not being so tired and cranky all the time.

Hopefully, things will get better soon.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 07:33 PM   #184
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,910 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

BUMP, BUMP!!!
Old 12-08-2017, 09:02 PM   #185
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,500 Times in 3,158 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

It's not really a big deal thing but I'm stressing about getting my cards for the holiday exchange in the mail. I'm at a standstill, and am never one to be good about "anxiously we sit and wait, sit and wait...".
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 06:31 AM   #186
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i would not say that i am totally stressed but there is some stress happening since my (already low paying ) employer announced some cutbacks a few weeks ago. JUST in time for the holidays!

i am surely hoping it’s not permanent.

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 07:16 AM   #187
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,466 Times in 742 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

[B]Hmmmm....the fire in San Diego County. Our condo, which we have just sunk many thousands of dollars in to get ready for sale, is located one road over from the voluntary evacuation fire area. This has been a fast moving fire and there is plenty of unoccupied space (ie brush) behind the complex.
Getting ready for our first snow storm. Most everything is done except the wood stacking for our outdoor furnace. Where's my Aleve?!
[/B
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 08:48 AM   #188
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
[B]Hmmmm....the fire in San Diego County. Our condo, which we have just sunk many thousands of dollars in to get ready for sale, is located one road over from the voluntary evacuation fire area. This has been a fast moving fire and there is plenty of unoccupied space (ie brush) behind the complex.
Getting ready for our first snow storm. Most everything is done except the wood stacking for our outdoor furnace. Where's my Aleve?!
[/B
Screw the Aleve! You need a stiff drink and a deep tissue massage I'd say!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 09:41 AM   #189
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,910 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I have sooooo much going on right now that has me stressed! My anxiety was getting bad but I’ve been taking L-Theanine supplements and it has definitely helped calm me down. But I still stress eat and my poor feet can’t take all this weight.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:09 AM   #190
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
It's not really a big deal thing but I'm stressing about getting my cards for the holiday exchange in the mail. I'm at a standstill, and am never one to be good about "anxiously we sit and wait, sit and wait...".
Gosh, I hear you FSF!

USPS suspended delivery of mail to our community over a week ago, so I've not received any mail at all, since I went to the post office to see if anything was mailed to me. I had my doctor fax an disability hardship letter to them, they said they would cooperate in personally delivering my mail, but nothing has come yet. It's frustrating and stressful because I've gotten calls from particular people who mailed important documents I requested and I've not received them. So I have been very stressed out by the sudden imposition imposed on our community by mail box vandalism and the US Postal Sevice.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 11:14 AM   #191
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
FSF no need to stress over getting a card to me! Life is short, enjoy!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 11:15 AM   #192
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Gosh, I hear you FSF!

USPS suspended delivery of mail to our community over a week ago, so I've not received any mail at all, since I went to the post office to see if anything was mailed to me. I had my doctor fax an disability hardship letter to them, they said they would cooperate in personally delivering my mail, but nothing has come yet. It's frustrating and stressful because I've gotten calls from particular people who mailed important documents I requested and I've not received them. So I have been very stressed out by the sudden imposition imposed on our community by mail box vandalism and the US Postal Sevice.
Don't EVEN get me started on the United State Postal Service.........
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 12:32 PM   #193
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Gosh, I hear you FSF!

Oh, my gosh, Katz! For them to make that decision, something pretty bad must have happened. I hope they get it all worked out for you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Don't EVEN get me started on the United State Postal Service.........
I have my grievances as well, but it's petty stuff, like having to wait in line yesterday for over half an hour while 2 clerks worked their way through 10-12 people. One guy held up one clerk for most of that time just by himself! He came in with a ton of certified letters to process and that is very time consuming.

All in all, I can say that the post office closest to me is pretty awesome. They just had one lady retire so they are shorthanded at the busiest time of the year and one lady has needed carpel tunnel surgery for years now but she can never seem to get the time off necessary to get it done and heal properly. They are a good crew. I wish everyone had the kind of team that I have in my area.

Speaking of the post office, today is the last day to get a standard priority package out internationally by the holiday.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 12:38 PM   #194
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Oh, my gosh, Katz! For them to make that decision, something pretty bad must have happened. I hope they get it all worked out for you soon.

I have my grievances as well, but it's petty stuff, like having to wait in line yesterday for over half an hour while 2 clerks worked their way through 10-12 people. One guy held up one clerk for most of that time just by himself! He came in with a ton of certified letters to process and that is very time consuming.

All in all, I can say that the post office closest to me is pretty awesome. They just had one lady retire so they are shorthanded at the busiest time of the year and one lady has needed carpel tunnel surgery for years now but she can never seem to get the time off necessary to get it done and heal properly. They are a good crew. I wish everyone had the kind of team that I have in my area.

Speaking of the post office, today is the last day to get a standard priority package out internationally by the holiday.
See, I'm sure that lady retiring didn't just all of a sudden spring it on them! They had notice no doubt, and more than ample time to hire and train someone!
If a CEO ran a company like the government runs the postal service, they'd be tossed out on their ear~
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 01:34 PM   #195
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

I sent a photo of the damaged mail boxes to my doctor after I learned from USPS, that they suspended service to our apt community.....unfortunately, the only person at my neighborhood post office who knew me personally? She delivered our mail on our route for over 30+ years. She was hired by USPS when she was in her early 20's. She retired this past July. She retired quietly I imagine because other postal employees at our neighborhood post office might have been challenging to work with. Also, just before I learned she was retiring, she told me that she was retiring before Republican agenda in Washington further erodes the US Postal service retirement pensions.

Homoe is correct! As far as I know, due to two personal friends who are USPS employees, individuals retiring in mass?? THE USPS is not expanding new hiring for full time employment or benefits, like retirees were given. So, I'm guessing that it's hard to find people who will work for peanuts, compared to rich pensions USPS retirees receive under grandfathered policy mandates.

In other related news :

I once posted in the book club forum thread about reading a book I found last winter at the nursing home, of all places. It's about the billionaire genius (and sexual predator ) King Larry.....Which is an documented account of how Larry made his fortune in mail and document delivery during the FAA and pre-USPS years were dominating the delivery and logistics market, long before UPS & FEDEX were on the scene . In fact, it's because of Larry challenging every FAA law on the books that opened up service to countries that USPS had difficulty in providing timely service.

I highly recommend reading this book. It's an tragic portrait of an person who worked around the clock and used drugs and women to mask his serious behavioral disorders. It also is an eye opening account of how people in government agencies will keep an lid on their own ability to subvert policy and law for their own personal gain (aka, the private sector ploy).

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 01:46 PM   #196
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
I sent a photo of the damaged mail boxes to my doctor after I learned from USPS, that they suspended service to our apt community.....unfortunately, the only person at my neighborhood post office who knew me personally? She delivered our mail on our route for over 30+ years. She was hired by USPS when she was in her early 20's. She retired this past July. She retired quietly I imagine because other postal employees at our neighborhood post office might have been challenging to work with. Also, just before I learned she was retiring, she told me that she was retiring before Republican agenda in Washington further erodes the US Postal service retirement pensions.

Homoe is correct! As far as I know, due to two personal friends who are USPS employees, individuals retiring in mass?? THE USPS is not expanding new hiring for full time employment or benefits, like retirees were given. So, I'm guessing that it's hard to find people who will work for peanuts, compared to rich pensions USPS retirees receive under grandfathered policy mandates.

In other related news :

I once posted in the book club forum thread about reading a book I found last winter at the nursing home, of all places. It's about the billionaire genius (and sexual predator ) King Larry.....Which is an documented account of how Larry made his fortune in mail and document delivery during the FAA and pre-USPS years were dominating the delivery and logistics market, long before UPS & FEDEX were on the scene . In fact, it's because of Larry challenging every FAA law on the books that opened up service to countries that USPS had difficulty in providing timely service.

I highly recommend reading this book. It's an tragic portrait of an person who worked around the clock and used drugs and women to mask his serious behavioral disorders. It also is an eye opening account of how people in government agencies will keep an lid on their own ability to subvert policy and law for their own personal gain (aka, the private sector ploy).

I do vaguely recall you posting about a book you found while re-habing so thanks for posting this again Miss Katz!
I am definitely getting this book ASAP!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 01:50 PM   #197
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Quote:
I do vaguely recall you posting about a book you found while re-habing so thanks for posting this again Miss Katz!
I am definitely getting this book ASAP!
You're welcome, Homoe!

I found it at the nursing home, read it in a couple of days, but I was fascinated by this story. I'm surprised it's not been banned yet. I feel this author should win an book award of some kind!

The book is an great read. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 08:01 PM   #198
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
See, I'm sure that lady retiring didn't just all of a sudden spring it on them! They had notice no doubt, and more than ample time to hire and train someone!
If a CEO ran a company like the government runs the postal service, they'd be tossed out on their ear~
This isn't unusual in the workforce nowadays. People are over leveraged in every company, to some degree. It's the same in my company as well. We all wear many hats and are expected to perform all functions at 100% all of the time.

Don't forget, a CEO is the elected president and you know how that's working out.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 08:23 PM   #199
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

For the most part Mary, my housemate and BFF, is a pretty laid back person UNTIL we're expecting company!

Then her stress about a perfectly neat and tidy home stresses me out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 08:49 PM   #200
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation
Default homoe's post

LOL!

You poor thing! I can relate. I was with a woman for almost a decade that was inclined in the same way. She would set my pants afire with the honey-do list! Heh Heh!

Best wishes to you!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post: