Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 11-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #161
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

ok i dont know about all of you... but.......
trucking can be stressful.. in the past 4 yrs i lost my hair.. some of you know the story..... then it would grow bk only to last a few months then fall out again.... well this past spring of 2010 .. i started taking this stuff from Oxyfresh and also became a seller of it.....
my hair has been hanging in there all yr.. and still growing and staying put.
Ya'll have NO idea how it makes me feel ......
i ran out of " Primorye® Stress Relief Plus"
about 4 weeks ago and gawwd..... i can tell the difference... inside... i dont feel as focused... and feel way to stressed over things.. soo i have some arriving while im home and get bk on it........
i think its a great thing for those with ADHD ..ADD .... seriously speaking.
its all natural ,

check it out.........

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:36 PM   #162
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
k long story short: the library building has been closed for HVAC upgrade. We have been running limited services out of the foyer and only needed about half of our usual staff. To make up payroll, each staff member was given 1 day of administrative leave and one day to work from home.

The work was finished Wednesday, but the decision was made to remain on limited service until our original planned reopening (today)

I did my work at home day this past Friday. My supervisor and i discussed this in detail, as my junior assistant came down with an ear infection on thursday and had to miss 2 days of work. I said "I am supposed to work at home tomorrow, but i can come in if i need to," "No, no, no," she said, "we have it covered"

This morning my boss came and told me- as a "heads up"- that i should have come in. The director told her that work at home days were only approved while the building was in transition, and that once the work was done i should have known that all previous arrangements were off.

"Butbutbut" i said, "the work was finished on Wednesday- i confirmed with you on Thursday! Why am i finding out on Monday that i am in trouble for an assumption i never thought to make on Wednesday- esp when you we talked about it on Thursday???!!!"

Her (exasperated) "You're not in trouble Jenny. I am just letting you know how the director's thought process works so you'll know better than to do this again.

"Do what??? Work at home because you specifically told me i could???"

"Just forget it, Jenny"

Document, document, document.

Seriously.

It's better to be prepared in case something does come up later than to be caught unaware.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #163
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

my father's alcoholism, and his inability to get it under control. and although i know i can't make the changes for him..
and i know the right thing to do, was to step back and not enable him.
but the constant guilt consumes me, because i want him well, and know i can't save him, but i feel like stepping back isn't doing everything for him i 'should' be.. but i know this is the wrong thinking.. and i push myself daily to not get too consumed with this.. but the guilt still overwhelms me, daily..
and of course, i'm scared to friggin' death for his health..

=(

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #164
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Relearning my job over and over, day in and day out, is becoming extremely stressful so, yes, I am.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #165
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

"I just read somewhere that stress makes you smarter... If that's true I should be splitting an atom in my kitchen sink sometime later today!"
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2011, 08:52 PM   #166
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
"I just read somewhere that stress makes you smarter... If that's true I should be splitting an atom in my kitchen sink sometime later today!"
I wonder how they came up with that theory. Stress makes us fatter around the middle, due to the overproduction of cortisol. It makes us worry and give in to obsessive tendencies. It causes hair loss and weight loss/gain and dental issues and unhealthy skin and is just plain annoying.

I'll be awaiting notification of your progress on the atom splitting soon.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 03:41 AM   #167
AnaLee

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she's a femme, dawg!
Relationship Status:
one toe in

AnaLee Has the BEST ReputationAnaLee Has the BEST ReputationAnaLee Has the BEST ReputationAnaLee Has the BEST ReputationAnaLee Has the BEST ReputationAnaLee Has the BEST ReputationAnaLee Has the BEST ReputationAnaLee Has the BEST ReputationAnaLee Has the BEST ReputationAnaLee Has the BEST ReputationAnaLee Has the BEST Reputation

money, money, money

well actually,

LACK of money, money, money.

not very original, I'm afraid, but true.

Sweet thoughts,
Ana
AnaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnaLee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 05:33 AM   #168
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

For multiple reasons I am not as stressed out as I used to be. Of course there is the daily stress associated with work and my commute.

But the "big" stress doesn't happen unless I am mentally and physically drained. That's when even petty little childish things can morph into huge monsters. This happened to me just last week. Thanks to the strength, wisdom and words of encouragement from a very special friend my perspective was rebooted and I was able to shake it off.

Staying well rested is a struggle for me but I am trying. The doctor monitoring my weight loss constantly lectures me about getting enough sleep - as in 8 hours per night. That's something I manage only a couple of times a month, but at least I am getting more than 4 hours now.

Meditation helps a lot with the lesser stresses; it clears the cobwebs. Getting out of the office, even for only 5 - 10 minutes helps too.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 07:29 AM   #169
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah I'm stressed out, to start with I left work about 30 minutes late yesterday and all of our foremen from all our shifts were upstairs in the managers office....that usually isn't a good sign. Last time this happened they cut our hours. I can't stand anymore revenue cuts.

Today I have to go to the lawyers office and I am not prepared. Not like me to not be prepared but for some reason I'm not able to get together the information I need to have a productive meeting today.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:23 PM   #170
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post
ok i dont know about all of you... but.......
trucking can be stressful.. in the past 4 yrs i lost my hair.. some of you know the story..... then it would grow bk only to last a few months then fall out again.... well this past spring of 2010 .. i started taking this stuff from Oxyfresh and also became a seller of it.....
my hair has been hanging in there all yr.. and still growing and staying put.
Ya'll have NO idea how it makes me feel ......
i ran out of " Primorye® Stress Relief Plus"
about 4 weeks ago and gawwd..... i can tell the difference... inside... i dont feel as focused... and feel way to stressed over things.. soo i have some arriving while im home and get bk on it........
i think its a great thing for those with ADHD ..ADD .... seriously speaking.
its all natural ,

check it out.........
this is really some awsome stuff........... hope some of you all will give it a try.

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #171
ruthie14

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,243 Times in 461 Posts
ruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputation
Angry

Let's just say...YES!!!
ruthie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruthie14 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #172
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

My daughter's other mother from her father's other marraige (got that?) has been a life long bain. And once again, the bitch has risen from the dust and is raking her claws across my daughter's back as she attemts to snatch her to carry her across the land and dump her in the blackness of her own rotted ideology she calls religious beliefs.

I cant say a word because it is always interpreted as me being jealous of her.

when in fact, it is the furtherst thing in my mind.

what I *am* is PISSED that this twit of a woman can walk in and out of my daughter's life simply because the idiot man I married because I was too drunk to know better, married her after I divorced him!

and they arent even married anymore!

Old 03-29-2011, 06:45 AM   #173
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I've had stress overload for so long that I nearly hit my breaking point recently. There are, of course, a litany of reasons that my stress hit this crisis point.

I thought I'd share what I'm doing *about it*, my baby steps...

I've been prescribed an anti-depressant for (what had become) pervasive anxiety; I'm doing another course of EMDR for my PTSD symptoms. I've found that in the last 10days the combination has alleviated most of my daily anxiety.

With anxiety out of the way, I'm hoping that other healthy lifestyle choices will shift the depression that has settled over me from the cumulative effect of all my short and long term stress.

I'm trying to make decisions every day that reduce the stress I feel. I know I can't instantly change the external stressors that impact me, but I can change how my body and mind react to them.

I am aiming, every single day, to sleep for 8hours. That means going to bed ridiculously early (9pm) because I know it takes me at least 1-2hours to fall asleep. For me, it also means not logging on to my computer after 8pm because it "jigs me up", not watching television (computer) in bed, not eating after 7pm, only drinking water after dinner, turning off my phone at night... These are all hard habits to break, but I see results when I do break them.

Now that the snow has melted and the daylight has increased, I am consciously increasing the amount of time I spend walking my dog every day. We're up to a 45min walk in the afternoon/evening; as well as our quickie 15min walks first thing in the morning and last thing at night. My aim is to always give him an hour walk in the afternoon and then to add additional exercise that is just for me (pilates, yoga, and eventually starting to run again).

The combination of the medication, sleep and the slowly increasing exercise are starting to help me build a new routine - in to which I can continue to navigate the daily stress of managing too little money, searching for a decent FT job (instead of juggling freelance and PT work), planning and cooking nutritious low cost meals and keeping a tidy house.

And ultimately I aim to *like my life* again, even with the stress.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:17 AM   #174
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Is this the bitch forum? lol

I busted my ass launching new projects. For two months I planned on summer help, a few good friends that said they'd come for 6 months and work for me. I would give them room and board, a stipend and the would learn some things they wanted to learn. Now its 3 fucking days before they are suppose to arrive and I get an email with some lame ass excuse. I hate excuses. If you had a change of heart just say so. Also if you're such a good friend why wait last minute knowing everything I have going on?

The hired helped I have been using, another queer, can't decide if she wants to work or not. I don't hear from her for days and then I get a text acting as if she's been waiting for me. lol it's a stupid game she plays and I'm beginning to realize she's just not that smart.

Let's see..... I'm stressed because of the happenings in the world. I was feeling great and then this Japan thing happens and I feel like I felt after 9-11. Uncertain, fearful and confused. I feel it all over my body. I try to live in the moment but my body won't let me. I can not allow this to defeat me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #175
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

Stressing about Stressing! What the heck?! How do I not stress as much...this crap is giving me premature wrinkles!
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 10:20 PM   #176
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I've been so stressed lately, I can feel the cortisone levels rising.

*grimace*

I may be giving myself an ulcer too.

Yay.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2011, 03:47 AM   #177
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

I live in an area that has a lagoon, beach, forest, and park, and I tell you Folks, these mosquitoes are getting worse and worser the more the summer wears on. I can't spray too much of that repellant shit around, because my furkids and I really don't like it. Every time I think I killed them all in the house, more get in whenever I open the door for my furkids . Fuckin mosquitoes!
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:48 PM   #178
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default stress reliever...a home where you are safe and comfy

my stress is *somewhat* relieved by finding a home I love (and bought!)...I never realized how much having a HOME would alleviate some of my stress.

i was living like a vagabond uni student until this year (nothing wrong with that for some but, for me, was tired)
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #179
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Someone whom I adore thanked me on this last post and it reminded me of this thread.

Another stress reliever I find is swimming...I am fortunate enough to have a pool in my building but, even when I didn't, I was loving a gym where there was a pool.

I am not some crazy swimmer, but a few laps does wonders for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
my stress is *somewhat* relieved by finding a home I love (and bought!)...I never realized how much having a HOME would alleviate some of my stress.

i was living like a vagabond uni student until this year (nothing wrong with that for some but, for me, was tired)
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #180
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I am very anxious and stressed.

Probably the holidays.

Need to check out indoor pool at my apartments, that does sound quite lovely.