deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,586 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation

Dark Places.

That's all I will say.

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2015, 08:05 PM   #2402
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I saw this movie and was the only person at the 4pm showing. That doesn't surprise me. Kids nowadays don't know anything about the franchise and those in my age bracket will likely be disappointed with the movie.

They did some neat stuff but it's nowhere like the original. The best part of the movie was Synergy.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2015, 10:37 PM   #2403
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Amy........

The story of Amy Winehouse in her own words, featuring unseen archival footage and unheard tracks! I enjoyed it very much but it left me feeling a bit sad!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2015, 07:42 PM   #2404
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Thanked 1,198 Times in 320 Posts
Allison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I saw this movie and was the only person at the 4pm showing. That doesn't surprise me. Kids nowadays don't know anything about the franchise and those in my age bracket will likely be disappointed with the movie.

They did some neat stuff but it's nowhere like the original. The best part of the movie was Synergy.
I did hear that the suits that got the idea to make a Jem movie butchered the source material with a rusty chainsaw. Sad to hear they never thought better of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I saw Goosebumps. Because I wanted to and I adore Jack Black.
Did you ever happen to play Brütal Legend? Because Jack Black stars in it and gets a lot of great lines.
Allison W is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Allison W For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2015, 08:48 PM   #2405
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

The Exorcist

The original one

Still scares the shit out of me

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2015, 07:58 PM   #2406
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

dope

This movie apparently was a break-out hit at Sundance. It also got an 88% Rotten Tomato's critic score and 85% viewer score.

I enjoyed it a lot. It is about 3 young geek friends in high school that are obsessed with 1990's hip hop (the main character wears his hair like Kid'Play did back in the day) and they get routinely beat up at school. They are growing up in Inglewood.

It breaks some stereotypes but still has others.

One of the three friend is a butch lesbian. I must admit, when I saw the three friends at first, I thought she was a boy but she was a boi. The other two friends totally accept her, which was awesome to see.

A funny scene is one in which, every Sunday, her grandmother takes her to church and they try to "pray the gay away". Meanwhile, one of the church praying circle is a hot young woman that the young butch can't keep her eyes off of. It is a funny and sweet scene.

A stereotypical theme is that of older guys that are drug dealers. The high school protagonist (Malcolm) gets involved with the dealing (not his choice, I must emphasize).

Malcolm's goal is to go to college. His HS guidance counselor puts him down when he says he wants to go to Harvard.

I was rooting for Malcom and his friends.

Good little movie.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2015, 12:19 AM   #2407
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Thanked 1,198 Times in 320 Posts
Allison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST Reputation

This is a television series and not a movie (if there's a better thread for it, let me know and I'll post there), but Steven Universe. It's challenging to describe, because there's so much to it, and I don't wanna write a giant ten-paragraph tl;dr dissertation. So while there are a few spoilers in it I'll let The Mary Sue give you the 101.

I know, I know. Beyond being a TV series, it's a cartoon on bloody Cartoon Network. I was all "I R ADULT I DUN WANNA WATCH NO CARTOONS" too, but then my friends got me started watching it and I'm bloody glad they did because this show, man, this show. Then I went and started getting other friends of mine watching it. And then they went and started getting, like, their friends and spouses watching it and shit. It's kind of like the corollary that completes the Maturity Paradox. Like, you know how most "mature" stuff is juvenile in the extreme? Steven Universe is kind of the opposite of that. It's a family-friendly cartoon that comes in quarter-hour episodes and yet it's easily one of the most mature shows on the telly, both in how it approaches people and relationships and how it approaches fiction. It's rich with things like foreshadowing, a contiguous narrative that welds all the details into a coherent whole instead of every episode ending in a return to the status quo, high-production-values musical numbers that are a delightful treat when an episode turns out to have one (a brilliant musical number was even the climax of the first season), a wonderfully developed and flawed cast of characters, storytelling so tightly wrapped and cleverly expressed that it can tell a meaningful story and then some inside of an 11-minute episode, and even the occasional usage of techniques normally found in adult fiction like deliberately unreliable narration.

I could ramble on and on and on and I'd love to but I'm gonna control myself, for now. Just... watch it. You'll be glad you did. (To keep it brief, like many shows, it takes a little while to really hit its stride, but where many shows don't do that until a couple seasons in, Steven Universe hits that stride fully at halfway through the first season--26 eleven-minute episodes--and has kept that stride going strong since. It's presently close to halfway through the second season, though new episodes are on holiday hiatus.)
Allison W is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Allison W For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2015, 09:36 AM   #2408
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Burnt and Brooklyn

Went to see both these movies this weekend.

So Burnt first. I thought this was ok, but have seen better cooking related films.and bradley cooper did do a series which was called Kitchen Confidential
Which was way better,
This film is pretty much like that but just all crammed into a few hours of viewing.
It was ok, not special, just light entertainment.

Now Brooklyn....
I like this movie a lot, maybe a tad too long.
But I would say its very well acted indeed.
And it just makes you think about hard it must have been to move to a different country and culture.
Its worth a view.
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2015, 08:17 PM   #2409
betruetoyoursoul

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She,Her,BabyGirl
Relationship Status:
On a Beautiful Journey regardless if I am single or coupled!

Thanked 2,397 Times in 1,093 Posts
betruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputation

I found this movie to be emotional, heart expanding, beautiful, touching, raw and so much more ( have Kleenex ready*S if you tend to get emotional, I do*S).

You're Not You (2014)

A drama centered on a classical pianist who has been diagnosed with ALS and the brash college student who becomes her caregiver.

Director: George C. Wolfe

Writers: Shana Feste (screenplay), Jordan Roberts (screenplay)
Stars: Hilary Swank, Emmy Rossum, Josh Duhamel
Old 11-08-2015, 08:32 PM   #2410
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Went out with a close family friend today (girl time) and we saw the new movie by Tom Hanks ... "Bridge of Spies."

Fabulous movie, loved it (Highly Recommend).

I don't always get out to see a film, but plan to go see Star Wars when it comes out to theaters during the winter holidays.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2015, 09:50 PM   #2411
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

Thanked 1,547 Times in 359 Posts
dykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Cinephiles! Please remember that a great way to change the disparity in Hollywood is to support film festivals and independent filmmakers.

A fantastic program of films by and about queer women, sponsored by the Scottish Queer international Film Festival will be happening in Scotland and London November and December 2015.

Here's the info: SQIFF - Queer Women In Love /

This November and December, SQIFF is taking part in BFI Love with two programmes of films and events. Queer Women in Love is a diverse and exciting selection of films by and about lesbian, bisexual, and queer women with events across the UK. I Do? considers queerness and marriage marking the one year anniversary of changes to the marriage law in Scotland.

Part of BFI Love, in partnership with Plusnet bfi.org.uk/love.
dykeumentary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dykeumentary For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2015, 10:50 PM   #2412
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

Thanked 1,547 Times in 359 Posts
dykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputation

I'm so curious - what film festivals do you attend, ye who post here!?
dykeumentary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 04:28 PM   #2413
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,586 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation

Things we lost in the fire

away we go

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2015, 07:26 PM   #2414
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I saw this earlier today and was so very glad. It's an emotional rollercoaster of humanity. I loved it and I hadn't heard of it until today, when I was perusing the show times. Excellent find.

I also saw some trailers for films I'd really like to see:

There's another one but I can't recall it right now.

I'm planning on the last showing of this movie tonight as well:

I don't expect this one to be especially striking but it'll be fun and I am having blood work done tomorrow so hey, it works.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 11-11-2015 at 07:31 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2015, 04:41 AM   #2415
Gaya

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian/Femme/Open/Feline

Gaya is on a distinguished road

I just watched Girl Night Stand, short film made by Jenna Laurenzo because Emma recommended it on her blog.

This is a 9 minute comedic short about a young woman who questions her sexuality after her first one night stand with another woman. The short is a prelude to the feature "Lez Bomb." Lez Bomb was selected for Big Vision Empty Wallet's Kickstart Diversity Program and will be produced by Big Vision Creative.

I would like to intergrate the video but I don't know how to do it because its from Vimeo.
Gaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:56 AM   #2416
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaya View Post
I just watched Girl Night Stand, short film made by Jenna Laurenzo because Emma recommended it on her blog.

This is a 9 minute comedic short about a young woman who questions her sexuality after her first one night stand with another woman. The short is a prelude to the feature "Lez Bomb." Lez Bomb was selected for Big Vision Empty Wallet's Kickstart Diversity Program and will be produced by Big Vision Creative.

I would like to intergrate the video but I don't know how to do it because its from Vimeo.
That was cute.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:04 PM   #2417
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I saw this today:

Contrary to the ads, it's not a really funny movie. It's honest, though, and I did like it. Almost everyone in the theatre mentioned that it wasn't what they thought it was. There's a surprise star too.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:41 PM   #2418
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

Men in Black 3 was on tv, so I watched it.

And I fell asleep to Big Fish. One of my favorite movies, so falling asleep was a testament to my level of exhaustion.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:00 PM   #2419
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

The last movie I saw in the theaters was Pixels which was ok, but some part made me giddy because of nostalgia. Let's just say I was LITTLE in the 80's, but I still remember that stuff.
Angeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:04 PM   #2420
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dykeumentary View Post
I'm so curious - what film festivals do you attend, ye who post here!?
None, but I will as soon as film makers start having them in Idaho. Put in a word for us, OK? We have a good music festival though, It's called Treefort.
Angeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Angeltoes For This Useful Post:

Tags
film, movie