Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

Wentworth, Thank you Anya for introducing me to this series

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2016, 09:39 AM   #122
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,840 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

The 100 on Netflix because I heard there was a lesbian character. She seems more bisexual to me, but I get to see 2 females kissing so that still works in my book.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2016, 12:39 PM   #123
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus007 View Post
Wentworth, Thank you Anya for introducing me to this series
I am glad that you like it!

Can I say that the matron/warden scares the shit out of me!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2016, 03:33 PM   #124
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Netflix:

Stranger Things
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2016, 03:49 PM   #125
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I am watching "A Walk in the Woods" on Amazon Prime starring "Nick Nolte and Robert Redford as two old friends who make the improbable decision to hike the 2,190 mile Appalachian Trail." Co-stars Emma Thompson.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2016, 01:02 PM   #126
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

So happy new episodes of Wentworth are available on Netflix!!

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2016, 04:37 AM   #127
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,103 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

From OSXDaily.com

Watch the Rio Olympics Live on iPad or iPhone

Want to watch live coverage of the Olympics? You can easily watch any of the 2016 Rio Olympic games and competitions live right from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (or Android too, but we’re obviously focusing in iOS), meaning you can watch any game and any country and any sport you want, you don’t have to wait for the evening highlights. You don’t even need a cable TV package, any iOS device will do.

All you need to do to watch live footage of any current Rio Olympic games is to download the NBC Sports app. Anyone can then watch live footage of the 2016 Olympics from within the app, it’s that easy.

Get the NBC Sports app here from the iOS App Store

Just launch the NBC Sports app, go to the “Live and Upcoming” tab, and browse through the currently active games.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2016, 07:05 AM   #128
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofSmirks View Post
So happy new episodes of Wentworth are available on Netflix!!

Thanks so much!

I had not read or seen anything about season 4, until I saw your post!

12 episodes, too!

Warden is sexy in a terrifying and mean kind of way.

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2016, 10:24 PM   #129
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,169 Times in 5,134 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation
Default Still Watching Queer as Folk (spoilers)

(Spoilers ahead!) So I have made it to season 5 of QAF. I had forgotten the episode where Babylon gets bombed. Everyone is running around trying to find their loved ones, Michael's going to the hospital in an ambulance, people are freaking out - and I realized, "This is what it must have been like in Orlando recently with the shooting at the gay nightclub."

In my last post about QAF, I noticed how much some things seem to have changed since that show was made, even though it's only been a short while. Now I'm feeling the opposite - things are still the same. There are still hateful, selfish people trying to take away our rights, and there are still people who want to kill us.

I won't ramble on, it's all been said before. But I wanted to say that I think QAF is still so very relevant to the LGBT community, both as a group and individually.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2016, 12:15 AM   #130
girlin2une

How Do You Identify?:
submissive queer stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

Thanked 3,845 Times in 856 Posts
girlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
(Spoilers ahead!) So I have made it to season 5 of QAF. I had forgotten the episode where Babylon gets bombed. Everyone is running around trying to find their loved ones, Michael's going to the hospital in an ambulance, people are freaking out - and I realized, "This is what it must have been like in Orlando recently with the shooting at the gay nightclub."

In my last post about QAF, I noticed how much some things seem to have changed since that show was made, even though it's only been a short while. Now I'm feeling the opposite - things are still the same. There are still hateful, selfish people trying to take away our rights, and there are still people who want to kill us.

I won't ramble on, it's all been said before. But I wanted to say that I think QAF is still so very relevant to the LGBT community, both as a group and individually.

I think you are right Georgia!
How do you define courage? Is it the absence of fear? You might think, under the weight of your fears, "I am not courageous." But maybe you have the wrong perspective. Courage can be measured in many ways, and is not the absence or denial of fear, but the willingness to act vulnerably. When you're faced with the unknown and then you stand on the edge of risk, courage brings you to the point where you are able to take flight, though you might be unsure of your wings.
girlin2une is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girlin2une For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2016, 03:09 PM   #131
SimpleAlaskanBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Bisexual trans guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Daddy to a sweet daisy.

Thanked 1,010 Times in 295 Posts
SimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST Reputation

I will always LOVE QAF.
Exposed Daisy to it for the first time last year.
But this morning, I fell asleep to Tiny House Hunters.
~SAB

<-----Pocky Jedi

"There's only one rule I know of babies-G-d damn it, you've got to be kind."
-Kurt Vonnegut (G-d Bless You, Mr. Rosewater)
SimpleAlaskanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimpleAlaskanBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2016, 03:11 PM   #132
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Stranger Things

Just binged the first season—eight episodes—of Stranger Things and it was excellent. Liked everything about it; the 80s time period, the casting, the storyline (even though I'm not keen on spook nor sci-fi), loved the "acrobat/flea" analogy, and the exploration of another dimension. Reminded me of other good films and tv shows. Good job by all.

Wondering what they'll come up with for season two.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2016, 04:11 PM   #133
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Just starting Queen Sugar. Looks good.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2016, 05:38 PM   #134
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,472 Times in 2,637 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default watching on tv

just watched another episode of the killing of JonBenet Ramsey. Now the argument is weather it was the father or the son of a junk yard man, Michael Helgoth 26? I still say dad but wait to see what the brother says on Dr. Phil on Monday.
Stone-Butch is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2016, 06:47 PM   #135
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Blacklist jumped to the top of my list when Netflix added Season 3.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2016, 06:58 PM   #136
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

Thanked 8,321 Times in 1,626 Posts
stargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputation

I stumbled upon "Very British Problems" I may not be British but I can relate...gave me a good chuckle
stargazingboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2016, 07:35 PM   #137
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Just finishing up season 2 of Narcos on Netflix.

It is really good. I read they gave the green light for seasons 3 and 4.

(Hope you are able to see the trailer. It keeps buffering for me.)

~Washington Post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2016, 08:12 PM   #138
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,169 Times in 5,134 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I just finished season 12 of Grey's Anatomy. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get back into it for season 12, after having binged on the first 11 seasons this summer and then having a long break, but it was easy to get back into. Just like any soap opera, they give you plenty of "catch-up/reminder" scenes at the beginning of each show. I guess they have to with 12 seasons.

And season 12 was just as good as the first 11. Oh, it made me cry about every other episode! I don't even know why, but apparently I am just a sucker for Shonda Rhimes' worlds.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 08:37 PM   #139
cork1961

How Do You Identify?:
TransMan
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

cork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Amazon...

One Mississippi... with Tig Notaro.

Love Tig, one of the funniest women on earth I think. Though this, so far, is pretty serious about her life these past few years.
cork1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:12 PM   #140
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Thanked 1,198 Times in 320 Posts
Allison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST Reputation

Streamed the latest episode of Steven Universe just last Thursday. This vine summed it up pretty well.

I don't know about Pearl being the lesbian icon of the Millennial generation, as some have suggested, but I can see the argument.

today's schoolchildren don't know how good they have it with their openly gay shows on Cartoon Network
Allison W is offline   Reply With Quote