Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Happiness, for me, is the realization that I don't have to do it all. In fact, i don't really have to do most of it.
Here's a word to those who are dealing with the stress of homeschooling....RELAX

"... until isolation and distancing measures can be loosened, and schools safely accessed for all children, we need to ease the burden on parents. And the external drivers of much of this stress – workplaces and the education system – must do their part. Parents doing home-based work are struggling to produce at pre-pandemic levels, while parenting and teaching off the sides of their shared desks and often sharing a computer. The list of expectations, online curriculums, assignments and school-based meetings with multiple children of various ages can be a scheduling nightmare. This is especially challenging for parents of school-aged children under 10, preschoolers and children with special needs. For parents who are doing essential work outside the home, homeschooling takes on a whole other dimension.

School systems at all levels – starting from Ministries of Education – need to publicly reduce the assignment-driven pressure on both students and parents. Employers need to support parents in the short-term, re-examining expectations and ways of working, so these employees can return to work with their mental health intact. The longer we remain in a collective lockdown, the more of a toll it threatens to take on parents’ health.

Learning is lifelong, and a few months of incomplete schooling will have a negligible effect on most children. They will eventually learn their multiplication tables and the French word for “happiness.” When kids finally gather safely again in schools, each of them will be at a different place. And trained, compassionate, caring professionals will be there to help each one of them.

A parent’s job today is not to homeschool; it’s to stay connected. Kids who are emotionally secure will learn better. There are a lot of lessons in what we are going through together, and many of them are on the home front."

From a very sensible "Globe and Mail" opinion piece today.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2020, 07:08 PM   #1262
clementinefemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme

clementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputation

This thread is so beautiful! It makes me happy just reading it.

Today, happiness is typing these words under a tree beneath the setting sun. I've been in workaholic mode these past few weeks, so it means a lot to take a few minutes to myself.

I'm really trying hard to work in a little "me time" every day, but it's tough! I hope everyone reading this was able to set aside some time for self-care today.
clementinefemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to clementinefemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2020, 03:52 PM   #1263
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
her poison apple
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
her favorite snack

Thanked 21,373 Times in 6,723 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

3 (kinds of)happiness's today... coffee date w PhD..in her car w Starbucks and the rain outside
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2020, 09:55 PM   #1264
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

That first phone call that lasts 5 1/2 hours of (dare I say) a potential budding romance? That leaves you with a cheeky grin or smirk..and makes you start to question this whole ....relationship thing...there may be hope..

RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2020, 11:36 PM   #1265
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,539 Times in 10,209 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Happiness...when someone appreciates your creative work and pays you really what it's worth. I sold the teacup quilt I made late last year. Last week I sold battenburg lace and this week a quilt! Yay me!!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2020, 04:40 AM   #1266
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,500 Times in 3,158 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
Happiness...when someone appreciates your creative work and pays you really what it's worth. I sold the teacup quilt I made late last year. Last week I sold battenburg lace and this week a quilt! Yay me!!
congrats!!!
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2020, 10:17 AM   #1267
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Happiness is ...

Feeling good about myself!

I'm still a Fat & Fabulous Femme, and I can still rock a beautiful dress, and I can still smile, smile, smile.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 10:55 PM   #1268
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Happiness is....

Having time to blow bubbles and watch them trail off in the air to see where they go (a lot of mine went way up into the sky).
It's a relaxing activity for both kids and adults, alike.

_____ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2020, 01:58 PM   #1269
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,539 Times in 10,209 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Happiness...

Getting an early morning delivery of beautiful red roses! Looks like this but much more baby breath and a few daisies. I'm feeling happy and lucky!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2020, 06:01 PM   #1270
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
Happiness...

Getting an early morning delivery of beautiful red roses! Looks like this but much more baby breath and a few daisies. I'm feeling happy and lucky!

What a delightful and HAPPY way to start off the day.....
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2023, 11:46 AM   #1271
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Arrow Happiness is . . . . . .

the way he tenderly loves me and supports me in all I do and in the way he holds me while we cuddle and bond during quiet moments of our lives together. I feel so safe and valued and adored and treasured by the way he cares for me. Which makes me care so deeply for him. He is my heart of hearts. My one and only true love.

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2023, 03:55 PM   #1272
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,469 Times in 2,635 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Happiness is.

Good Health
A combatable woman
A decent income
Good friends
A comfortable home
Happy memories
A free and wonderful country to live in.
Stone-Butch is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2023, 01:43 PM   #1273
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
her poison apple
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
her favorite snack

Thanked 21,373 Times in 6,723 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

living in the moment your best life
Old 08-27-2023, 04:15 PM   #1274
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Happiness is...planning a trip
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2023, 03:59 PM   #1275
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Happiness is.

Having my brother back here after so long.
Old 09-01-2023, 07:51 AM   #1276
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

A pony! I get to go visit one of my former ponies!
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2023, 06:38 PM   #1277
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Reconnecting with a local friend that has always meant a lot to me. It amazes me our individual journeys we've been on that are so different, yet bring us together.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2023, 10:13 PM   #1278
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Celebrating 60 years of friendship with your best friend!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2023, 06:05 PM   #1279
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenna View Post
Reconnecting with a local friend that has always meant a lot to me. It amazes me our individual journeys we've been on that are so different, yet bring us together.
It absolutely amazes me how the past several days since our chance encounter has transpired, and transformed my life. This is a good thing.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2023, 06:21 PM   #1280
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Default Happiness is.

My brother came in to see me after 4 months apart and we went to lunch. The second time I have been out of the apt building in over 4 months. First time to restaurant. Wonderful lunch. Went to the Halibut House and had fish and chips and a side of deep fried clams. Coffee. I had a very happy day which I have not had in a very long time. *S
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post: