Notices

Old 12-17-2022, 07:26 PM   #7081
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Great.
Enjoyed a wonderful, delightful day meeting with a local friend (previous coworker) to celebrate our birthdays together. She invited me to an incredible restaurant I've never been to.
We had fun exchanging gifts and sharing stories.
Great day.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2022, 12:20 PM   #7082
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,469 Times in 2,635 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Feeling?

Woke up with the flu I am sure. aw throat, coughing, no fever, headache from hell, no appetite, aching all over. Going back to couch.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2022, 08:10 PM   #7083
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Feeling.

4th day of feeling like crap. Headache and sore throat is a pain in the head LOL.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2022, 09:11 PM   #7084
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,160 Times in 5,130 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

So much better. Down to the occasional dry cough with the help of a cough pill that my nurse practitioner gave me. Not nearly so achy. A little tired, but overall just much better.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2022, 05:14 PM   #7085
Toolio

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he or him
Relationship Status:
Single

Toolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
So much better. Down to the occasional dry cough with the help of a cough pill that my nurse practitioner gave me. Not nearly so achy. A little tired, but overall just much better.
Glad to hear that your feeling better.
Toolio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toolio For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2022, 08:10 PM   #7086
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Default Feeling

Body ache all over, rampant headache, sore throat and coughing without end, runny nose then stuffyness. Other that that ok.
Old 12-20-2022, 08:30 PM   #7087
Toolio

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he or him
Relationship Status:
Single

Toolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST Reputation

I hope you feel better soon.....
Toolio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Toolio For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2022, 08:41 PM   #7088
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 6,027 Times in 1,189 Posts
deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy

I have a crown on my bottom left molar in the very back of my mouth that somehow shifted or broke away from the piece that is still inside my gum. That has created a small gap between my crown and gum and now gum is really, really tender. I have to be careful how i eat cause food gets trapped in that hole and causes my gum to hurt. The pain is radiating all throughout the left of my bottom jaw.
I can't go see a dentist until January, so, in the meantime i rinse my mouth out as well as i can, then break up a Tylenol and put it in that hole. It gives a little bit of relief for a few, but,.. owies.
All that to say, i feel owies. lol not lol
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2022, 09:44 PM   #7089
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone-Butch View Post
Body ache all over, rampant headache, sore throat and coughing without end, runny nose then stuffyness. Other that that ok.
Yep, that's the flu going around. My turn on the merry go round lasted 3 weeks in all. Feel better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb0670 View Post
I have a crown on my bottom left molar in the very back of my mouth that somehow shifted or broke away from the piece that is still inside my gum. That has created a small gap between my crown and gum and now gum is really, really tender. I have to be careful how i eat cause food gets trapped in that hole and causes my gum to hurt. The pain is radiating all throughout the left of my bottom jaw.
I can't go see a dentist until January, so, in the meantime i rinse my mouth out as well as i can, then break up a Tylenol and put it in that hole. It gives a little bit of relief for a few, but,.. owies.
I'm sorry. Mouth stuff is so frustrating! Eat on the opposite side of your mouth and rinse your mouth out with warm salt water every 2-3 hours to help keep inflammation and swelling down. I would look into Orajel and/or Anbesol to numb things up a bit until you can get in to see the dentist.

Personally, I'm feeling okay. I had to take today off to balance holiday hours, which was nice. I stayed in bed longer and I was able to lounge around and take my time getting ready. It wasn't my intention originally but I wound up in a 'cute' outfit. You know; one that makes you feel extra attractive and maybe a little more flirty or sassy. It's been a while since I wore something that lifted my spirits a bit so that has been nice. I ran errands and did things in said outfit so lots of people saw me today. I like to think that one or two of them thought that I looked kinda adorable. There's no way to tell for certain but that's what I've decided to think and that's that.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2022, 10:38 PM   #7090
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone-Butch View Post
Yes, that's what I had too. I'm leaning toward feeling it was not the flu because I had my flu shot weeks earlier, although there's no guarantee that those work. I'm leaning toward feeling it was RSV. Mine also lasted 3 weeks. In any case, I was tested for strep and bacterial infections, and it wasn't those, so it was viral whatever it was and there was nothing to do but cover up the symptoms as best I could. In the end, Mucinex DM, some extra dextromethorphan/Delsym (the coughing was massive), Sudafed, Benadryl, Tylenol and a bit of Jim Beam worked for me, plus my nurse practitioner helped me out with some Robitussin with codeine for the cough and sore throat, and once I had a dry nonproductive cough, some Tessalon Perles for the persistent dry cough.

I sure hope you feel better soon. Achieving the perfect balance of symptom relief is key, IMHO. I'm a believer in better living through chemistry - I understand that everyone is not. And of course, lots of rest.

- Prince

Last edited by GeorgiaMa'am; 12-20-2022 at 10:40 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2022, 10:46 PM   #7091
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb0670 View Post
Aww, so sorry for the owies. I don't have anything to add to what Gemme advised, except if you can't get any Anbesol right away a little Jim Beam can help. (You may have noticed in my other posts that Jim Beam is my go-to; I'm not kidding, it really can help. Or whatever other whiskey you happen to prefer.) I hope you can get in with your dentist soon, and until then I hope you get your symptoms under control. Owies during the holidays are especially no fun.

- Prince
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2022, 08:41 AM   #7092
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,539 Times in 10,209 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

smiling, because I made another batch of fudge. Ahhhh, so much better.

Also little bit less stressed. My Mom is making great strides. I can worry less now. What I thought my life was over..its beginning slowly again.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2022, 05:17 PM   #7093
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

A little more cheerful. It was rejuvenating being out today on a sunny, relatively warm afternoon; I've had dinner, which always improves my mood; I'm halfway through It's a Wonderful Life which has me feeling more Christmas spirit; and Brittany has finally settled down to sleep which is a relief.

- Prince
Old 12-21-2022, 06:03 PM   #7094
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

[

I'm sorry. Mouth stuff is so frustrating! Eat on the opposite side of your mouth and rinse your mouth out with warm salt water every 2-3 hours to help keep inflammation and swelling down. I would look into Orajel and/or Anbesol to numb things up a bit until you can get in to see the dentist.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Orajel has been my best friend as of late, will get Anbesol asap.
Rinsing mouth out and eating on opposite side does help some too.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2022, 06:13 PM   #7095
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Aww, so sorry for the owies. I don't have anything to add to what Gemme advised, except if you can't get any Anbesol right away a little Jim Beam can help. (You may have noticed in my other posts that Jim Beam is my go-to; I'm not kidding, it really can help. Or whatever other whiskey you happen to prefer.) I hope you can get in with your dentist soon, and until then I hope you get your symptoms under control. Owies during the holidays are especially no fun.

I neeed to invest in some Jim Beam it appears. lol Definitely will taste better than Tylenol lol.
Thank You so much!
The Following User Says Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2022, 08:01 PM   #7096
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Default Feeling

Just shoot me...........
Old 12-22-2022, 07:02 AM   #7097
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,539 Times in 10,209 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

My favorite ex/now really good friend/crazy is on her way to spend the Holiday Weekend with us. She is about 3 hours away and will stop in at work to say Hi, before she goes back to the house to see my Mom. Yay...fun weekend of shenanigans and lack of sleep?? Lol

Oh and there may or may not be some holiday drinks being made and possible random phone calls😯😯😯😉😎🍹

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2022, 05:16 PM   #7098
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Default Feeling

I have not felt this sick as far back as I can remember. Bed and water are the only things I need.
Old 01-12-2023, 09:34 PM   #7099
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Very worried about my beloved adopted grandparents. We took him to the hospital 2 days ago and they decided to admit him that night but he's still in the ER waiting on a room upstairs. She's beside herself and exhausted because she refuses to go home to rest.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2023, 05:57 PM   #7100
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenna View Post
Very worried about my beloved adopted grandparents. We took him to the hospital 2 days ago and they decided to admit him that night but he's still in the ER waiting on a room upstairs. She's beside herself and exhausted because she refuses to go home to rest.
It's ridiculous and scary how hard it is to get a bed in a hospital now. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandparents' difficulty, Kenna.

I heard a story on NPR about how one of the reasons beds don't turn over more often is because the nurses drag their feet on completing discharge papers. When they are understaffed and so many patients need them "right now", it's hard for them to find 45 minutes to do one patient's discharge papers. I have no idea how accurate this is - it sounds like blaming the nurses for the hospitals poor administration to me.

- Prince

Last edited by GeorgiaMa'am; 01-13-2023 at 05:59 PM.