Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 11-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #101
Slowpurr

How Do You Identify?:
Stone femme
Relationship Status:

Slowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST Reputation

I have to get better at using the save the fav thread function. I missed the entire discussion. I am very good however, at prerecording everything I watch so I don't watch commercial for this or any program.

For me the first season of AHS will always reign supreme. I can remember watching the first episode of the first season, I would watch by myself, late at night in the living room. Somehow when I watch in the bedroom with the door closed it feels safer. Anyway, just the first few notes of the theme song would strike terror into my soul. Silly right. The strange part of this affection for season one is that it is not in line with my view on horror. I do not find the paranormal scary at all, in fact the only theme that strikes any true terror is one containing a human; like a serial killer. People as maniacal beings, that threat is real. So why on earth I found a haunted house theme so scary is beyond me. I did though. I assume it starts with the writing, the filming, directing and the acting just somehow working together. The tone of the show was like a picture of a tastefully done room with just a glimpse(if you used your peripheral vision) of the flamboyant. More of a suggestion. I certainly find some very benign scenes in older movies to be incredibly sexy compared to the counterpart's ability to use nudity and lewdness to tempt which should be more satisfying but isn't. They used normalcy foiled with the absurd to confuse us and keep us guessing. It was also a new take on an old genre and they nailed it. I think that is part of why I enjoyed season one so much. I could not argue that is was a better story line or that it was uber scary, it just holds that place in my heart.
Slowpurr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slowpurr For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #102
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

I loved tonight's episode. I don't want to post any spoilers but if you get past the obvious in this show, there's real depth and it's brilliant.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #103
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Oh. Mah. GAWD!

Tonight's episode was just crazy!!!!!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #104
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

This season is still my favorite, by far. I can't wait to see what else happens!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #105
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I can't wait till the next season starts,no telling what will happen,I really dig the suspense.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:30 AM   #106
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

So, season finale was last night!!! LOVED IT! What do you think about the new Supreme?!

**I always thought it was gonna be Queenie or Nan**
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:06 PM   #107
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
So, season finale was last night!!! LOVED IT! What do you think about the new Supreme?!

**I always thought it was gonna be Queenie or Nan**

I though the show was outstanding,I made a mad dash home after my pool game so I could watch it..even the replay's till it went off.The new Supreme is going to be good for the coven as she has the abllity to handle the job plus maturity.I wonder if coming out to the world as she did, how would it effect the coven,it will surely be a new spin on the show.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:48 PM   #108
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

P.S....Where is Nan,did I miss something somewhere???
Old 01-30-2014, 03:14 PM   #109
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
P.S....Where is Nan,did I miss something somewhere???
Nan was killed by Fiona & Marie... drowned her in the bathtub a few episodes ago.

I really wish that the next season was a continuation of this one, but alas this is where the Coven ends
Old 01-31-2014, 12:19 AM   #110
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Nan was killed by Fiona & Marie... drowned her in the bathtub a few episodes ago.

I really wish that the next season was a continuation of this one, but alas this is where the Coven ends

Wow,that had to happen when I was out of the room, even tho I did see a snippet in a play back.Nan should have been kept on as she added a lot to the show.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2014, 02:51 PM   #111
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

They do that with every season; change the story line up completely. I heard that even though she said she wouldn't, that Jessica will be back next season. If that's true, that would be good.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:47 PM   #112
Paradox

How Do You Identify?:
Constant Outsider - Humanist
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Paradox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST Reputation

AHS: I was very hesitant to watch, but my friends continued on and convinced me to give it a try. Thankfully season 1 was great, cuz if season 2 was the first, it most likely it would have ended there for me.
Season 2 was dreadfully painful.

But Season 3, Angela Bassett, Kathy Bates, Jessica Lange... need I say more, but I will.
AMAZING .. great story line. The ugly history of slavery (there was nothing nice about it) and women seen as (or perceived as) second class, will always strike a cord. It's unpleasantry, it's inhuman, the mystic, and triumphs.
adding to superb acting.

I can't begin to imagine where they will go with S4.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paradox For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2014, 07:24 AM   #113
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Default Gotta wait until October... but I am so ready :)

I can't wait to see how this story line plays out!!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2014, 07:39 AM   #114
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Well crap, they changed it!! I saw a couple of promos where they were calling it "Carnival". Either way, you can bet there are going to be some creepy ass clowns! Yyyyiiiikkkeeessss!!!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2014, 08:01 AM   #115
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

I saw where they had mentioned carnival, too. They are just trying to scare the crap out of us with the freaky clowns!

I saw a photo of Kathy Bates as the bearded lady... but who knows, it could be some photoshop stuff already floating around.

I can't wait to see if they can top Coven. It was my favorite season by far!!!
Old 03-26-2014, 12:31 PM   #116
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

I agree coven was hot,I wish they had gone further with the story line.Darn October is a long time to wait..but so worth the wait.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2014, 03:51 PM   #117
Ts_kaijira

How Do You Identify?:
Tommi's Kaijira
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
tied up

Ts_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Coven

Was the first American Horror that I watched, and now I'm hooked. Bought the first and second season, to keep me occupied until season 4.

Amazing. Love that they keep the stars and change the show.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:09 AM   #118
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

After all the rave reviews about the 1st season, I tried to watch the 2nd season... but, I just couldn't get into it.

The minute I saw the preview for Coven, I knew I was gonna be hooked!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:59 AM   #119
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,539 Times in 10,209 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

After reading what I had heard about thus show, and flipping thru Netflix, I started it. This is so way beyond what I would pick...but....I'm hooked! Erotic thriller is what this is. Perk...erotic is good

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2014, 06:23 PM   #120
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
After all the rave reviews about the 1st season, I tried to watch the 2nd season... but, I just couldn't get into it.

The minute I saw the preview for Coven, I knew I was gonna be hooked!
Same for me. They totally lost me the second season but the third season was the best, by far.

I'm misunderestimated.