Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 09-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #861
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I didn't ride my bike for a couple nights because it's been so hot and humid.

But it rained today, and cooled down a bit, so I rode for just 45 minutes, around the park loop, then up and down the straight path flanking the park, then I felt a few drops of rain so headed home.

The neon yellow vest I ordered online came in the mail, and I wore it tonight. It was overcast and dusky out, but I felt pretty visible.

I was riding till 7:30, and now it's 7, as the light leaves earlier and earlier.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #862
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This business of still being dark at 6:30 in the morning is cramping my style.

Went for early coffee up the street to wait for light. It rained on me. (just a wee sprinkle really) It's September not supposed to have precip for another 6 weeks or so. Hmm.

It was cloudy out and still I managed to opt for beach over gym. I keep thinking about how soon it will be all messed up with construction. Sort of a 'get it while the getting is good' mentality. Right.

6 miles to assuage my guilt.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #863
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Excellent day, all!

Warmed up on ye ole treadmill for 15, did lower body weight training with a smidge of ab work thrown in plus the experience of trying two new machines (sadly, they are not adjustable to my height/body design so I won't be using them on a regular basis) followed by half an hour on the Beast and then some stretching.

All in all, about 372 calories (that I could calculate) and 2.25 miles are in my rearview mirror.

Someone is very excited to find individual servings of Cracker Barrel cheese. Yum! Happy Friday the 13th to me!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #864
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation A little help from Gemme and Kelt, please...

= treadmill = 15 minutes at 1.0 miles per hour x 5 inch legs x 11 lbs = _____ Gemme calories?

divided by 645392-0.2 = ____ Kelt calories?

Daddy = no workout

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #865
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
= treadmill = 15 minutes at 1.0 miles per hour x 5 inch legs x 11 lbs = _____ Gemme calories?

Daddy = no workout
bwahahahahaha

You stink. Making your doggie have all the fun. Such a slacker!

He totally earned a biscuit.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #866
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
bwahahahahaha

You stink. Making your doggie have all the fun. Such a slacker!

He totally earned a biscuit.
He got his special "workout" one. It's the BIG treat. Otherwise, he is stuck with this little scrubby one that he gets after he poops in the morning.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #867
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
He got his special "workout" one. It's the BIG treat. Otherwise, he is stuck with this little scrubby one that he gets after he poops in the morning.
You bribe your dog to poop?

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #868
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
You bribe your dog to poop?

I am late for work every morning, so yes.

This is how we roll.

When we wake up his organic food + plus anti-oxidant sprinkled berry powder + omega 3 oil is placed in his bowl. We go outside. He pees 'cause he is psyched to get to his food.

After Daddy gets ready for work, and is always late, he takes dog out and dog poops. Dog poops because he knows he gets a treat when he come in. The little scrubby treat, that is.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #869
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

Daddy = no workout
I figured that 5 inch legs would constitute running rather than walking. Plugged it into the calculator at Runners World and the results?

"The distance and time you entered represents an invalid pace."

They say you are mean.

Happy to help.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #870
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
I figured that 5 inch legs would constitute running rather than walking. Plugged it into the calculator at Runners World and the results?

"The distance and time you entered represents an invalid pace."

They say you are mean.

Happy to help.
Actually, it is only a slightly brisk pace for the guy. Seems like it would be faster, I know.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #871
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Actually, it is only a slightly brisk pace for the guy. Seems like it would be faster, I know.
This is something that pops into my mind now and then when I am out; if a 6 foot man takes a dachshund for a walk, who walks further?

Rhetorical, I know, the same distance. It just always looks like the dog is doing a lot more work.

Me, today: 4.5 miles on the beach. My hand has been called. The bulldozers are on the move. Gym tomorrow.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2013, 02:44 AM   #872
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
This is something that pops into my mind now and then when I am out; if a 6 foot man takes a dachshund for a walk, who walks further?

Rhetorical, I know, the same distance. It just always looks like the dog is doing a lot more work.

Me, today: 4.5 miles on the beach. My hand has been called. The bulldozers are on the move. Gym tomorrow.
Do ya not have a promenade next to the beach to walk along?
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2013, 05:14 AM   #873
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
I am late for work every morning, so yes.

This is how we roll.

When we wake up his organic food + plus anti-oxidant sprinkled berry powder + omega 3 oil is placed in his bowl. We go outside. He pees 'cause he is psyched to get to his food.

After Daddy gets ready for work, and is always late, he takes dog out and dog poops. Dog poops because he knows he gets a treat when he come in. The little scrubby treat, that is.
Daddy should wake up earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
It's the sand that he likes.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2013, 06:51 AM   #874
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb

I added some weight to my morning workout yesterday. It didn't seem like much, but I was a hot mess at the end of class, literally. By 4 o'clock ish, I was very sore and tired.

I'm taking a Zumba class this morning, cross your fingers for me; I cried at the last class.

:nocrosstalkpleaseandthankyou:
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #875
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
Yep, there is, but my shocks are blown so I like the soft stuff.

Barring that, the arc at the gym is zero impact. It's second choice but at least I have options. I can still go for a shorter stroll in the afternoons on the remainder for the fresh air/outdoor aspects.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2013, 09:23 AM   #876
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

All I could manage to get myself to do yesterday was a 20 minute walk. I have already done that today as of 11:15 am, so hopefully I will do better today. I am off to the grocery store to buy healthy food. I sure wish I could find some decent avocados here, but so far no such luck.
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #877
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Question

Zumba went just fine today. I think I'm too tired at the end of the school day to enjoy and feel successful in that class. But, I really need to get to the gym five days a week, for my own sanity. And I could hit another Group Power class on Sunday mornings but I'd rather do a little more cardio. There might be a plan to add Zumba on Sundays, which I would love.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #878
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

This morning's weigh in has me at one pound off of my goal. Woot! Any more is always welcome but I really want to hit that point (numbers on a scale are just that...numbers....and say nothing about a person's self-worth, etc....yes, yes, I know this but this is MY scale and MY number and so it is what it is).

Tonight there will be no gym. There will still be lifting and moving and grunting and shuffling and sweating, though, so I'm pretty sure it still counts.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #879
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation

So far today: 30" speed walk; 4 mile bike ride. Later: Raking up Sycamore tree bark; washing more windows (and the last prior to winter -- sheesh, there are a lot of windows in my little house); free weights; adding a few stretch band exercises to my routine.
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #880
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

2.5 hours in the park: walking, rock climbing, swing-set swinging, up/down steps, arm exercises while walking (makes me look like a dork!)

It is a beautiful fall weather day. I saw the same group doing kung fu. I saw another group having a picnic. I always like to guess why the people are gathered together when it doesn't look like family or friends exactly. Pot-luck meet-up for serial killers?

I haven't exercised formally since Tuesday. It was a rough adjustment to school, meaning the hours and the mental energy and the time. My sleep was a mess all week. It was great to sleep in today and go to the park.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights