Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another

Old 09-19-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
sweetbutch26

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/stud/boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
mr/he :p
Relationship Status:
single

sweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Question for everyone

I was wondering how many of you believe in soulmates. that there is that one special person for everyone out there. that there is someone everyone is MEANT to be with. i'm kind of on the fence. just wanted to get opinions from others please and ty
sweetbutch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sweetbutch26 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbutch26 View Post
I was wondering how many of you believe in soulmates. that there is that one special person for everyone out there. that there is someone everyone is MEANT to be with. i'm kind of on the fence. just wanted to get opinions from others please and ty

I do. However, I believe we can have more than one throughout life. Lovers do die and we might want to pursue a relationship after this.

Last edited by AtLast; 09-19-2010 at 02:51 PM.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #3
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

No.

Utter poppycock.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 02:53 PM   #4
sweetbutch26

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/stud/boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

sweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bent View Post
No.

Utter poppycock.
LoL makes me think of prince poppycock on america's got talent
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetbutch26 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #5
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I used to think that, but as I age I don't anymore
It would be like saying forever and nothing, I mean nothing lasts forever

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #6
sweetbutch26

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/stud/boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
yes i know. but i was wondering if that whole "everything happens for a reason" is true
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetbutch26 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #7
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bent View Post
No.

Utter poppycock.
touche'........
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 03:45 AM   #8
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am a fortunate person. I learned from two people that were indeed, soulmates, my parents, that this is possible. And from a relationship of my own. Now, that doesn't mean that give and take isn't needed, or that it all is smooth all of the time. And we have to want to take this journey and nourish it.

AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #9
sweetbutch26

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/stud/boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post

I do. However, I believe we can have more than one throughout life. Lovers do die and we might want to pursue a relationship after this.
very true. i've always felt that there is more then one person. even if the wrong one comes into your life it happened for a reason
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sweetbutch26 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #10
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I agree with AT...I believe you can have more than one. It is beautiful when you find a soul mate and it is seeing the glass as half full to know you may have another.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 03:36 PM   #11
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Nope, I don't believe in fate or soulmates. Of course, there are people in the world that a person will be most drawn to as far as interests, chemistry etc, but I don't see that as the result of fate/possessing a soulmate one was "meant" to be with.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #12
sweetbutch26

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/stud/boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderD_503 View Post
Nope, I don't believe in fate or soulmates. Of course, there are people in the world that a person will be most drawn to as far as interests, chemistry etc, but I don't see that as the result of fate/possessing a soulmate one was "meant" to be with.
ty end. i kind of agree with that. it is something i been reflecting on a lot lately. thank you for your answer
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetbutch26 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #13
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I agree with this fully! The person I was with at 18 is NOT suited for me at 38.

I believe in soulmates. I believe that it is worth the time/effort to find yours and keep them. I know, I am a hopeless romantic but I refuse to believe that the great romance of my life was found at 18 and gone (as in no longer together) before I owned up to my true self.

I read this passage all the time and I find it to be reassuring. (I swear, I wish I has written this. It did, however, inspire the piece that I consider to be one of my best written works ever.)

"Some times I feel there is a hole inside of me, an emptiness that at times, seems to burn. I think if you lifted my heart to your ear, you could probably hear the ocean. In the moon tonight, there's a circle around it-a sign of trouble not far behind. I had this dream of being whole-of not going to sleep each night wanting, but still sometimes, when the wind is warm or the crickets sing, I dream of a love that even time will lie down and be still for. I just want someone to love me. I want to be seen. I don't know. Maybe I have had my happiness. I want to believe it but, there is no one. Only that moon."

Old 05-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #14
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

I believe in soul mates, but I also believe you don't necessarily have to be romantically linked to that person.
LipstickLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:08 AM   #15
Trinity3

How Do You Identify?:
~Tattoo Artist/Piercer~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Bitch, slut, ho~ whatever works
Relationship Status:
~Thinking~

Trinity3 Has the BEST ReputationTrinity3 Has the BEST ReputationTrinity3 Has the BEST ReputationTrinity3 Has the BEST ReputationTrinity3 Has the BEST ReputationTrinity3 Has the BEST ReputationTrinity3 Has the BEST ReputationTrinity3 Has the BEST ReputationTrinity3 Has the BEST ReputationTrinity3 Has the BEST ReputationTrinity3 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I absolutely believe that there is one person, that is the other half of your soul...I believe that they are your Twin Flame, one soul split into two bodies. Soulmates are people I believe that you have had been involved with in past lives (if you believe that, I do) that you have not yet completed the lesson with them and you will continue to cross path with soulmates until you learn that particular lesson intended.

However, twin flames, I believe is the exact other half of your soul and when you meet that person that the two half immediately know and feel it, it goes beyond chemistry, beyond that initial "Wow they're hot!" attraction. I believe it shows itself like the world stops for a split second when you see each other or moves in slow motion. It suddenly and without explanation feels as if you have become complete, like a void has been filled. You know what the other is thinking, say what they were about to say etc. There is a balance between you that just seems to fit in all ways.

So yes, I believe in *Twin Flames*

~You can run, but you can't hide!~

~My surface is a mirror reflecting back that which shines against it~

~This girl's dream~

....for now....
Trinity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trinity3 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2010, 03:45 PM   #16
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

i believe in soulmates...however i don't believe that finding one means that you need to be in a love relationship with them. i have a friend who i consider to be one of my soulmates. we share an incredible friendship and love each other. we just don't share a physical attraction to each other. i do appreciate his good looks...but he is a straight guy. i have no desire to be with him in that way. i also think there are meant to be relationships throughout your life. someone that is meant to share that part of your life with you. if it lasts forever that is beautiful...but i don't think it has to last forever in order to qualify as a meant to be relationship. i hope that i expresses my thoughts clearly.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 08:08 AM   #17
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

I believe they do exist because I believe in reincarnation of the Soul. If you have unfinished business with someone whether for good or evil, they will return. By unfinished business I mean having strong emotions about them, or thinking about them for the rest of your life. I believe we will attract those who we have loved greatly, and/or done wrong to, or they you, and cannot forget. That is why closure and forgiveness are so important on a Soul level, so you do not attract the ones who have given you troubles over and over, repeating the scene until you pass the cosmic test of love, which is not revenge, bitterness, or hate, but rather peaceful unattachment and letting them go.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #18
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

I don't believe in a soulmate in the sense of there being one "special person" for everyone out there - but I do believe that certain people will come into each of our lives for a reason and, similarly, that each of us will come into others' lives for a reason.

Why and for what reason? I don't think we usually know until much later, if at all.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 07:20 AM   #19
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
The way this question was asked reminds me of when I was little and my parents asking me If I believed in Santa

I knew if I said no, then I wouldn't get any presents, so I always said yes, that I did believe.

So yeah I believe in soulmates.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #20
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, "Hey Handsome", and also throwing in a "Sup man" or a "You're sexy" will work
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Stud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST Reputation

i believe in it, I just have yet to find mine.
Stud_puppy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote