imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I worked on the locked ward at the women's hospital today for the first time
I am in full time college for medical massage therapy and its my last two terms. So my outreach is high risk pregnancy unit. One ward is locked because the to-be mothers have MRSA or Hep C or HIV and are with drawing from drugs. Usually herion.
I LOVED it. The women there are incredible. And being able to take some of their physical pain away as well as listen and slowly get them to sleep, when they haven't in a couple of days is pretty amazing.

I love my new career. I'm so, so lucky.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2015, 05:49 AM   #6362
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

My Tuesday morning lady...

She makes no qualms about adoring me...and it is truly mutual...

She went above and beyond and is paving the path for me to get a scholarship to finish nursing school...

It turns out she and her daughter are on the scholarship board and can provide me with an excellent reference.

I am beyond blissful.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:06 AM   #6363
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,466 Times in 742 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

I was torn between posting this in the "What made you smile today?" thread or here, but believe what I was told is more than smile worthy, it brings joy to my sometimes hardened heart. I was at the store talking with one of my distributors. He says "I have to tell you this, I think you'll enjoy it. I was talking to my eight year old and telling him we would be attending a wedding this weekend. He asked who's wedding and I told him his cousin Val's. 'Oh!' he says. 'Are they marrying a boy or a girl?'" Who knew the world would ever be like this 40+ years ago?! Yep, he was right, I loved this joyous little story. PS: My apologies to the grammar experts.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2015, 07:12 AM   #6364
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
her poison apple
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
her favorite snack

Thanked 21,373 Times in 6,723 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

nibbling party
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2015, 05:56 PM   #6365
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Finding a new to me truck topper that not only fits perfectly on my truck but the colors match very well. I've only been looking for the last year or so.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2015, 06:01 PM   #6366
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Cleaning up the yard. It's amazing how satisfying mindless tasks can be.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2015, 12:02 AM   #6367
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

The person I shared dinner with, our laughter and the comfort in their presence. Feeling a total trust in them and knowing the value of such.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2015, 10:10 AM   #6368
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

painting supplies!!!!
Old 11-13-2015, 07:44 PM   #6369
SoulShineFemme

How Do You Identify?:
All girl. All the time.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Married to my beloved ONLY

2 Highscores

Thanked 1,363 Times in 455 Posts
SoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Sticking to my workout even though I didnt want to today.
SoulShineFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoulShineFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2015, 01:31 PM   #6370
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Cleaning off a plot of land and marking off an outline so the building can begin very soon. :-) :-)
Feeling accomplished!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2015, 10:03 PM   #6371
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,539 Times in 10,209 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Having the day off, listening to the rain....

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2015, 02:49 AM   #6372
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

In my final four weeks of school. The week before I had the last practical midterm I'll ever have in anatomy. I suck at anatomy practicals because someone names a muscle, then you tell your "body" how to position themselves on the massage table, you then palpate the muscle belly, stating: origin, insertion, nerve, artery, and actions. We have to memorize 270 out of 320 pairs of muscles in the body.
We also have to demonstrate how to muscle test each one. For example if you want to muscle test the gluteus medius the body is laying on their back and I bring the leg into slight abduction, and flextion at about 5 degrees and get them to resist further abduction.
Glute *minimus* however, the leg is abducted, flexed to 20 degrees, internally rotated and then I get them to resist abduction.

The examiner tells you a muscle and you have two minutes to demonstrate this.p, while also talking about the palpation quality of the tissue, and the result of the muscle test.

It's repeated five times for five different muscles, for a total of 10 minutes, then they give you a body landmark - like a nerve pathway, an artery pathway, a pulse location, a boney landmark like the radial tuberocity, and you have to find it and show how you know that's what it is and they put their fingers where yours are and double check.

I panick and freak out on these regularly. Singly hecUse someone barking orders holding a clip board and scribbling down everything I do makes me highly nervous. I can tell stories at parties, but I can't do scrutiny. I used to freeze and stammer and sweat and shake. Now I blather like a fucking idiot, and sweat and say things backwards.

But, this last one, I don't even remember it, I was in full panick mode, blathering incoherently, sweat running down my neck and back, and I left thinking "holy shit I failed. That was awful. I actually had no fucking clue what I was doing. I don't even remember what I said. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck."

And failing isn't really an option five weeks before grad. It means I wouldn't graduate.

I got my test paper result back today. 94%

Apparently, when blathering like complete knob and on autopilot is still know my stuff. It's actually in my skull.

So, I phoned my dad and got to tell him I passed that midterm with 94%

That brought me a fuckton of joy today.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2015, 07:44 AM   #6373
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,539 Times in 10,209 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

after the rain, the beautiful sunshine, stepping out on the back porch to see my breath. Brrrr, it's cold and nice

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2015, 10:48 AM   #6374
~SweetCheeks~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-babygirl-brat
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Justin's babygirl

Thanked 3,254 Times in 646 Posts
~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation

waking up to so much love from family and friends for my Birthday!
~SweetCheeks~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~SweetCheeks~ For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2015, 10:08 PM   #6375
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

I had a bunch of fun today after I was so happy to get several glass art/wine bottle light projects completed and my pretty bright red shadow box with it's Christmas tree and "snow" scene finished.
Even more fun and jokes about "slurping nutts" ...(peanuts that is!!) as we raced up to the antique mall to display my finished products.
Then went shopping for more light fixtures and SCORED a whole bunch of FREE unique bottles (different shaped wine, "rare" scotch, and vodka) after chatting with a wonderful lady who said she was just going to trash them.
I was so excited to get a bunch of beautiful projects done and even more happy to spend it with the people that mean so much to me.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2015, 11:08 PM   #6376
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

I made my best friend laugh so hard they nearly tipped their recliner backwards!!!
Admittedly, the laughter came shortly after I seriously set off fireworks in the living room because I was "playing with fire and messing with fate" with a screwdriver and live electrical wires. Even tho my heart stopped and had trouble beating correctly for a while, and I melted the screwdriver, all the laughter was worth it!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2015, 11:43 PM   #6377
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Taking care of myself.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2015, 11:49 PM   #6378
Bubala

How Do You Identify?:
Lady Sunflower
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 1,669 Times in 615 Posts
Bubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST Reputation

a kind stranger... being polite...
Bubala is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bubala For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2015, 09:42 AM   #6379
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenna View Post
I made my best friend laugh so hard they nearly tipped their recliner backwards!!!
Admittedly, the laughter came shortly after I seriously set off fireworks in the living room because I was "playing with fire and messing with fate" with a screwdriver and live electrical wires. Even tho my heart stopped and had trouble beating correctly for a while, and I melted the screwdriver, all the laughter was worth it!!
I've done that before, by accident. My house at the time had questionable wiring and even though I turned off the breaker to the kitchen (where I was digging into the outlet with a butter knife), the breakers were not labeled correctly and I zapped myself and the knife.

It definitely gives you a buzz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
Taking care of myself.
Good for you! Too often, we put ourselves on the back burner to others and to our busy lives. It's nice to take time out to pamper oneself.

I'm experiencing a bit of pampering myself. I am still in my pajamas, which rarely, if ever, happens. I'm either in workout clothes or work clothes on or before 8am every day so this is really nice and comfy.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2015, 10:10 AM   #6380
~SweetCheeks~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-babygirl-brat
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Justin's babygirl

Thanked 3,254 Times in 646 Posts
~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation

Knowing today is the first day of my new life and though I am anxious about surgery I know this is going to be the start to an amazing new journey. Taking care of me
~SweetCheeks~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ~SweetCheeks~ For This Useful Post:

Tags
joy