Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-30-2011, 12:42 AM   #121
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

the second cream sock got finished
and I am on to a shawl
that I started 3 times
and had to rip back several times once started

now I am using a safety line
which I just learned about
it is when you take a piece of yarn and run it along your stitches on the needle(picking them up)
it means if you drop lace stitches or if you have to rip back you have a place where all your stitches are on the extra yarn and so you know where you are
hope that makes sense
you move the safety line forward as you go, making sure that everything before it is correct
what a life saver

Corkey's happiness correlates with my sanity

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #122
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I had gotten rid of a bunch of my yarn last year when I did a huge purge. I found a nice little stockpile up in the top of the closet in the guest room when I was in there purging today.

Going to start on a simple granny square throw!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2011, 08:30 PM   #123
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I had gotten rid of a bunch of my yarn last year when I did a huge purge. I found a nice little stockpile up in the top of the closet in the guest room when I was in there purging today.

Going to start on a simple granny square throw!
cool! what colors please

Old 07-30-2011, 08:32 PM   #124
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
cool! what colors please
Black, purple, and a super-obnoxious red!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #125
swan

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
single

swan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday, I got my Tomten out of the corner where I had stuffed it when the shortrows misbehaved. Apparently a few months in the Penalty Box was good for it. I have lost some weight since I started it, but I'ma gonna stick with the original measurements, because it's meant to keep me warm this fall and the more of me it covers, the more effective it'll be. Weird question though....

I have weird hair. Really weird hair. It makes mad curls, it sticks to things, it scoffs at braids and stuff, it's highly susceptible to static electricity and humidity. I have some nice bits of silk laying around my stash and I was thinking of lining the hood. The fact that silk is supposed to be a ESPish insulator and will help keep the aliens from monitering my brain activity is a complete and total coincidence. But I do not have enough silk to line the rest, and since it's really only my crazy hair I'm worried about, I wasn't going to bother lining the rest of it. Would it be too weird for words if I just did the hood and not the body?
swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #126
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan View Post
Yesterday, I got my Tomten out of the corner where I had stuffed it when the shortrows misbehaved. Apparently a few months in the Penalty Box was good for it. I have lost some weight since I started it, but I'ma gonna stick with the original measurements, because it's meant to keep me warm this fall and the more of me it covers, the more effective it'll be. Weird question though....

I have weird hair. Really weird hair. It makes mad curls, it sticks to things, it scoffs at braids and stuff, it's highly susceptible to static electricity and humidity. I have some nice bits of silk laying around my stash and I was thinking of lining the hood. The fact that silk is supposed to be a ESPish insulator and will help keep the aliens from monitering my brain activity is a complete and total coincidence. But I do not have enough silk to line the rest, and since it's really only my crazy hair I'm worried about, I wasn't going to bother lining the rest of it. Would it be too weird for words if I just did the hood and not the body?

this sounds cool

I think, that it is your project for you, and so the only opinion that matters is yours. So I say do what makes you happy and makes you smile!!!!

Old 08-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #127
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

I keep starting one project, stopping because I get distracted by another, and then going back to the original...and it's maddening.

I would love to learn to make a cool granny square afghan!
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2011, 10:04 PM   #128
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

Like usual...

Working on several at once, yet I don't often have the desire to right now.

One is for the girl and will be similar to a quilted blanket.

Two others utilize the same colors and therefore being worked on.

Plus various cross-stitches...

So, with all that to work on...

Off to play a computer game.
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2011, 03:55 AM   #129
Stitch

How Do You Identify?:
Sweetest Soft Butch you don't know yet
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Hy,
Relationship Status:
Solo Artist

Stitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST Reputation

I have been knitting a scarf for my Mom for a really long time and I finally finished knitting it last night.
So today I went to cast off and it was going perfectly until I ran out of yarn 2 stitches before the end.

Seriously.

And it was the best cast off I ever did!!!

Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:15 AM   #130
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink View Post
I have been knitting a scarf for my Mom for a really long time and I finally finished knitting it last night.
So today I went to cast off and it was going perfectly until I ran out of yarn 2 stitches before the end.

Seriously.

And it was the best cast off I ever did!!!

Congratulations on a finished object!!!!!!

that other bit, well that happens to every knitter, sooner or later.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:25 AM   #131
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

I am not motivated, but I want to be!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:41 AM   #132
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
I am not motivated, but I want to be!
I found Ravelry.com a knitter/spinner/crochet community

I discovered better yarns (generally not found at chain stores)

I discovered better supplies (again generally not found at chain stores)

Better doesn't mean the most expensive, it just means the tools that work best for me/make me happy. I also learned I don't have to love what is "popular" currently.

I spend serious time finding the right yarn, supplies and pattern before I start something. They all have to make me happy!

Good luck!

Old 11-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #133
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalinaRose View Post
I keep starting one project, stopping because I get distracted by another, and then going back to the original...and it's maddening.

I would love to learn to make a cool granny square afghan!
I have learned
that unfinished objects are called UFO's
that sometimes UFO's go into hibernation
that some people are poly knitters and must have multiple projects on the needles to be happy and some people are monogamous knitters and must finish one project at a time. Both ways are cool!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #134
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
I found Ravelry.com a knitter/spinner/crochet community

I discovered better yarns (generally not found at chain stores)

I discovered better supplies (again generally not found at chain stores)

Better doesn't mean the most expensive, it just means the tools that work best for me/make me happy. I also learned I don't have to love what is "popular" currently.

I spend serious time finding the right yarn, supplies and pattern before I start something. They all have to make me happy!

Good luck!

I got into making cute little baby hats etc... I've sold a few on Etsy for photograhy props. Just lost my interest but it does come and go.

Here is a sample of a creation:

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:00 AM   #135
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
I got into making cute little baby hats etc... I've sold a few on Etsy for photograhy props. Just lost my interest but it does come and go.

Here is a sample of a creation:

[/SIZE]
OMG that is adorable!!!!!!!
You gotz skillz

Old 12-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #136
Stitch

How Do You Identify?:
Sweetest Soft Butch you don't know yet
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Hy,
Relationship Status:
Solo Artist

Stitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST Reputation

I made this hat over December, and a hat for a friend for Christmas.

~ Let me show you baby I'm a talented boi ~

Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:41 PM   #137
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink View Post
I made this hat over December, and a hat for a friend for Christmas.

That looks lovely!

Old 12-22-2011, 09:46 PM   #138
midwest chick

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,678 Times in 338 Posts
midwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputation

I promised my daughter a special, unique baby afghan, she's due in March, so I have a few months, thank goodness, to work on it.

She wants a black/white zebra pattern, first.

She would like a red/black/white wave pattern also.

Ideas on decent baby yarns and where to find them in black and red?
thanks!
midwest chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:26 PM   #139
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest chick View Post
I promised my daughter a special, unique baby afghan, she's due in March, so I have a few months, thank goodness, to work on it.

She wants a black/white zebra pattern, first.

She would like a red/black/white wave pattern also.

Ideas on decent baby yarns and where to find them in black and red?
thanks!
actually I would say for a baby to get acrylic yarn or superwash wool so they can be washed. Hand wash stuff for babies is usually a no no LOL

lion brand, red heart, patons, all have baby yarns that are soft and have web sites.

The Following User Says Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2011, 05:45 PM   #140
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,223 Times in 478 Posts
femmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputation
Default A little self promotion!

Just opened my shop on etsy.com, I am so excited! I need to improve my photo taking though!:

http://www.etsy.com/your/listings

Elle*
And your heart, as it was then, will be on fire.

Anna Akhmatova "White nights"
femmennoir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to femmennoir For This Useful Post:

Tags
crocheting, hobbies, knitting