Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 06-10-2010, 05:12 PM   #1
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation
Default Women and Politics

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_607315.html

I think it's more than "Ladies Night". Perhaps hopefully people are realizing that women can do well as politicians and that it's not all "penis power".

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

I think it means money buys elections. Here in CA both Meg Whitman and Carly Fiorina are multi-million/billionaires and spent their own money (millions for both) in the primarys.

Meg Whitman started today with her new campaign ads. Fiorina should be starting soon.

You know Fiorina has a mansion in CA, one in DC and owns 2 yachts. That is how much money she got for shipping jobs overseas and running HP into the ground.

Whitman cut a shit pile of jobs at EBay while she drew a salary of millions.

And neither of these two women have ever consistently voted. I'm not sure if they even have voted more than 5 times in their entire lives.

I am truly not impressed with either of these idiots......money buys anything........

(and I'm not even gonna get started on how stupid the people in CA are based on the Propositions on the Ballot that passed...........idiots everywhere..........
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

i think the CA voters did OK three out of five. The earthquake improvement exemption from Property Tax seems like a good idea, and they turned down the efforts by PG&E and the insurance company to feather their own nests.

i am not for open primaries in this political climate, but we had them in Michigan, and only rarely did the Republicans vote for a weak Democrat in order to prevent a strong one from opposing their sure thing.

Proposition 15 seemed like a good idea. Too bad re that.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
I think it means money buys elections. Here in CA both Meg Whitman and Carly Fiorina are multi-million/billionaires and spent their own money (millions for both) in the primarys.

Meg Whitman started today with her new campaign ads. Fiorina should be starting soon.

You know Fiorina has a mansion in CA, one in DC and owns 2 yachts. That is how much money she got for shipping jobs overseas and running HP into the ground.

Whitman cut a shit pile of jobs at EBay while she drew a salary of millions.

And neither of these two women have ever consistently voted. I'm not sure if they even have voted more than 5 times in their entire lives.

I am truly not impressed with either of these idiots......money buys anything........

(and I'm not even gonna get started on how stupid the people in CA are based on the Propositions on the Ballot that passed...........idiots everywhere..........
Here in Connecticut we have Linda McMahon (R) running for the Senate. She and her husband Vince created World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) and ran it for three decades.

One of the first things she said was that she would spend $50 million of her own money on the race.

She's a nightmare, and she could win. Money talks (and buys a lot of air time).
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
i think the CA voters did OK three out of five. The earthquake improvement exemption from Property Tax seems like a good idea, and they turned down the efforts by PG&E and the insurance company to feather their own nests.

i am not for open primaries in this political climate, but we had them in Michigan, and only rarely did the Republicans vote for a weak Democrat in order to prevent a strong one from opposing their sure thing.

Proposition 15 seemed like a good idea. Too bad re that.
IF it was only that kind of open primary. The one passed says the top two vote getters in the primary, regardless of party, will face off in the general election. In a good part of CA, that means two republicans will face each other in the general election. And in the SF Bay Area....well most of it .....and in parts of LA that means two democrats will face each other. The CA law really tosses out the 2-party system and eliminates voter choice.
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
IF it was only that kind of open primary. The one passed says the top two vote getters in the primary, regardless of party, will face off in the general election. In a good part of CA, that means two republicans will face each other in the general election. And in the SF Bay Area....well most of it .....and in parts of LA that means two democrats will face each other. The CA law really tosses out the 2-party system and eliminates voter choice.
So true (and it was how this legislation was constructed that I couldn't handle, plus the present political climate), CA is NOT the vast left-wing state it often gets equated with and has many, many, powerful Republicans.

If this had been in effect now, my guess is that we would have a Whitman vs. Poizner election in November.

My problem with party primaries is that as one that registers as Decline to state, can't vote in the primary. I just cannot be registered in any political party. I especially have had it with the 2 major ones.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #7
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_607315.html

I think it's more than "Ladies Night". Perhaps hopefully people are realizing that women can do well as politicians and that it's not all "penis power".
i just watched that for the first time. It's funny, but an odd introduction to the subject. i don't know. It's funny. Not offensive as humor. As an introduction to the subject, it is . . . .
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:51 PM   #8
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantics View Post
Here in Connecticut we have Linda McMahon (R) running for the Senate. She and her husband Vince created World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) and ran it for three decades.

One of the first things she said was that she would spend $50 million of her own money on the race.

She's a nightmare, and she could win. Money talks (and buys a lot of air time).

OMG!! That McMahon! Oh, yeah... $ talks! Isn't it amazing the money these peole are spending.... it makes me sick. Look at what this money could be better used for....

When are we going to deal with public financing for elections!!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:31 PM   #9
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

The rise of hugely insufferable women
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post: