Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 04-21-2010, 12:11 PM   #21
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan View Post
Thank you Apocalipstic, I believe that WWII was probably the Us's last shining moment, sadly.

As to if it is our nature to be Nationalistic? I think you may be on to something. From the very get go we are taught to stay with our "group, "circle", "Posse", "family", and so on., so it is no wonder this is how we turn out.

What makes what the State of Texas is trying to do dangerous, in my view, is to teach children, most of whom have very little parental intervention, that they are better, superior, than other children in the world simply because they are US citizens.

How is this conducive to world peace and better understanding and relations with your neighbors? Aren't we all in the same group, as human beings?
I think it is very dangerous, but I don't think it is that different from what is already being taught.

Does that make sense?

I completely agree with you and dream of a day when at least something taught in US is actually true and good.

I know I am still pretty bitter about the pack of lies I was taught.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #22
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
I do think it is important that we remember we are not the only country who pushes for their own exceptionalism though. We are not exceptionally different in preaching being exceptional.....definitely obnoxious though.
I understand, but I would like to know how many countries have it spelled out in their school curriculum. I for one was not taught that for the few years I went to school here. Maybe it is something worth looking into.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2010, 12:26 PM   #23
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I understand, but I would like to know how many countries have it spelled out in their school curriculum. I for one was not taught that for the few years I went to school here. Maybe it is something worth looking into.

Very interesting. I see now what you are saying. Yes we have a history of Nationalism, but is it taught per se in curriculum?

I know before & during WWII Germany and Japan did and we know how that went. And yes, I think the Soviet Union and China...

I keep wishing the US was more progressive.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:30 PM   #24
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Very interesting. I see now what you are saying. Yes we have a history of Nationalism, but is it taught per se in curriculum?

I know before & during WWII Germany and Japan did and we know how that went. And yes, I think the Soviet Union and China...

I keep wishing the US was more progressive.

Exactly!, and this is the part that strikes a chord with me. And let's not forget Cuba.

So how can we as a nation denounce those countries that are doing what Texas is trying to do? Are Conservatives so blind not to see this?
The Following User Says Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2010, 12:40 PM   #25
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Exactly!, and this is the part that strikes a chord with me. And let's not forget Cuba.

So how can we as a nation denounce those countries that are doing what Texas is trying to do? Are Conservatives so blind not to see this?
That is the big question isn't it? What possibly can they be thinking?????

I sincerely have no answer, it makes zero sense to me.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:57 PM   #26
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
That is the big question isn't it? What possibly can they be thinking?????

I sincerely have no answer, it makes zero sense to me.
Me too. I am hoping maybe someone can comment on that and enlighten me! I am open to that.

I would also like to know how those who reside in Texas feel about this. But in the scope of things that get passed in Texas, maybe this isn't a big deal to most. To me though, it means a whole new generation of trouble.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:15 PM   #27
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Me too. I am hoping maybe someone can comment on that and enlighten me! I am open to that.

I would also like to know how those who reside in Texas feel about this. But in the scope of things that get passed in Texas, maybe this isn't a big deal to most. To me though, it means a whole new generation of trouble.

Meee toooo, I watch the news and wonder how possibly anyone could think it is a good idea.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:10 PM   #28
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Loving this thread!

I sometimes wonder if WWII was our last shining moment as a Nation. Jake, your trip sounds amazing! How wonderful to get to see the good side of what the US has done.
It was. Thank you.

*wistful little grin*
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote