Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 08-17-2010, 09:29 AM   #61
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

There's a 5 guys burgers in park slope brooklyn... I think I need to go again soon.
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:35 AM   #62
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Golly is there a five guys in NJ?? lol
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:23 AM   #63
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

If we are against building that Mosque, we should be against building any churches on what was formerly Sacred Ground for those Native People who came before the United States...Wal-marts too!

I think it is idiotic that this is even a subject, we allegedly have freedom of religion and division of church and state???

AND

The building is not on the Ground Zero site!!! how far away is OK? 5 blocks? 10?

Now people all over the country are freaking out about ANY Mosques being built.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:53 AM   #64
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
If we are against building that Mosque, we should be against building any churches on what was formerly Sacred Ground for those Native People who came before the United States...Wal-marts too!

I think it is idiotic that this is even a subject, we allegedly have freedom of religion and division of church and state???

AND

The building is not on the Ground Zero site!!! how far away is OK? 5 blocks? 10?

Now people all over the country are freaking out about ANY Mosques being built.
Just like people freaking out in Rutherford County, because they want to build a Mosque in Murfreesboro!

I have no issue with building the new learning center. Just like you said, this center is not going to at Ground Zero
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnackTime For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2010, 01:12 PM   #65
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Can you believe all the trash talk about Obama, the president of the US, making statements about the constitution? Oh, that's right, he isn't really a US citizen and ya' know he is really Muslim... Now this is getting all heated in teerms of the mid-term elections with the GOP/Tea Party wackos!! of course, these idiots believed that Iraq was behind 9/11.

It is actually a community center with a prayer room in it! This is so nuts! It is NOT a mosque!

It is times like these that I feel some shame about my country....
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #66
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
Can you believe all the trash talk about Obama, the president of the US, making statements about the constitution? Oh, that's right, he isn't really a US citizen and ya' know he is really Muslim... Now this is getting all heated in teerms of the mid-term elections with the GOP/Tea Party wackos!! of course, these idiots believed that Iraq was behind 9/11.

It is actually a community center with a prayer room in it! This is so nuts! It is NOT a mosque!

It is times like these that I feel some shame about my country....

Meeee toooooo!!!!!!!

All the talk of changing the Constitution they so love....

And even if it were a Mosque, I have a hard time understanding how it is going to sully the adult book stores and peep shows in its area, which AGAIN is not at ground zero.

I had no idea people were still so upset about FDR???
Old 08-17-2010, 01:25 PM   #67
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnackTime View Post
Just like people freaking out in Rutherford County, because they want to build a Mosque in Murfreesboro!

I have no issue with building the new learning center. Just like you said, this center is not going to at Ground Zero
Yeah, like Murfreesboro and Antioch are anywhere NEAR Ground Zero????

People are nuts!

They want to turn the Hickory Hollow Cinemas into a Mosque and people are upset about that too....I am fine with not building it, IF....they will also tear down the Wal-Mart on Charlotte built on the Native American Burial Ground, and EVERY church in Nashville...since every single one is built on what used to be Sacred Ground.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:00 PM   #68
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
Meeee toooooo!!!!!!!

All the talk of changing the Constitution they so love....

And even if it were a Mosque, I have a hard time understanding how it is going to sully the adult book stores and peep shows in its area, which AGAIN is not at ground zero.

I had no idea people were still so upset about FDR???
Oh, yeah, still mad at FDR... WTF??

They want a constitution based upon only their values.

Now, idiots are talking about the property in question being hit by landing gear (or something liket his) during the 9/11 attack...

To me, rising above this kind of mentality is a tribute to our diverse society. The idea of having different cultures and religions represented near ground zero points to healing and keeping with our diverse identities as a country. and And it sounds like a community center there might just help the neighborhood out!

I wish some of the families of Muslims that were killed that day would speak up along with other families representing all the faiths represented by workers (and first responders lost) and the general public that day. The WTC was a symbol of what is good about the US in many ways (not others).

Thinking about how this center being built could also demonstrate how US Muslims are NOT part of terrorist factions among their faith in the world.

UGH... is it true that somewhere there is a group of jerks wanting to do a public burning of the Koran to demonstrate against this? Oh, and the guy that wants a ban on ALL mosques being built in the US... there's a piece of work!
Old 08-17-2010, 04:06 PM   #69
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
UGH... is it true that somewhere there is a group of jerks wanting to do a public burning of the Koran to demonstrate against this? Oh, and the guy that wants a ban on ALL mosques being built in the US... there's a piece of work!
(CNN) -- In protest of what it calls a religion "of the devil," a nondenominational church in Gainesville, Florida, plans to host an "International Burn a Quran Day" on the ninth anniversary of the September 11, 2001, attacks.
The Dove World Outreach Center says it is hosting the event to remember 9/11 victims and take a stand against Islam.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:14 PM   #70
Outlaw

How Do You Identify?:
Cocksure
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cotton Candy Swami
Relationship Status:
Loved and Loving

Outlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST Reputation

From a friend who still works just a few blocks from the WTC site - The piece entitled "Hallowed Ground" showcases some of what we would see on the walk from from the subway to the office.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:00 PM   #71
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
(CNN) -- In protest of what it calls a religion "of the devil," a nondenominational church in Gainesville, Florida, plans to host an "International Burn a Quran Day" on the ninth anniversary of the September 11, 2001, attacks.
The Dove World Outreach Center says it is hosting the event to remember 9/11 victims and take a stand against Islam.
I wonder how many of these folks have family or friends who have done time in Iraq. You know, that place where we've killed thousands of American solders and tens of thousands of Iraqis and blow billions of desperately needed dollars. You know, that place where we're doing all of this to help Muslims. Fucking morons.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:50 PM   #72
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
I wonder how many of these folks have family or friends who have done time in Iraq. You know, that place where we've killed thousands of American solders and tens of thousands of Iraqis and blow billions of desperately needed dollars. You know, that place where we're doing all of this to help Muslims. Fucking morons.
Very GOOD point! What is it you say about sharing this planet with morons? GAWD!! Sometimes, I just can't believe the level of ignorance of some factions of the US population today!

All of the families of those fighting (and have) in Iraq really should be pissed off at this ignorance! Talk about no respect for our military and what troops are going through and have for years, now!!
Old 08-17-2010, 06:54 PM   #73
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
Well, I guess they use the preferred Islamic spelling.... my bad. This is so disturbing and so damn dumb!
Old 08-17-2010, 07:01 PM   #74
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
From a friend who still works just a few blocks from the WTC site - The piece entitled "Hallowed Ground" showcases some of what we would see on the walk from from the subway to the office.
Well worth repeating !
A Community Center, not unlike a YMCA or a YMHA, is what is being built btw, not a "Mosque"
MsMerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsMerrick For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2010, 07:14 PM   #75
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

I like the point made last night by Keith Olbermann - there's already a mosque 4 blocks from the WTC site, and it's been there since before the WTC was even built!!!
Old 08-17-2010, 07:40 PM   #76
Outlaw

How Do You Identify?:
Cocksure
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cotton Candy Swami
Relationship Status:
Loved and Loving

Outlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST Reputation
Default Keith Olbermann Special Comment: There Is No 'Ground Zero Mosque' - 08/16/10

Old 08-17-2010, 08:16 PM   #77
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

I keep trying to remember the 'average American' who has never walked down the street and heard at least 2 and usually 3 languages on a routine basis.........

or spent every friday night family dinner where at least 8 languages could be spoken at the dinner table...
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2010, 08:44 PM   #78
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
I am in love. Truly Madly Deeply

Thanked 2,128 Times in 560 Posts
Isadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST Reputation

Here is what bothers me, in no particular order:

Media focusing and building the controversy over something that is not even new to the area...instead we should be worried about our economy, lack of jobs, no money in education, no money for updated books, and fascism invading our politics.

Government officials focusing on the horror of it while about 19% (2008 US Census) of our country lives in poverty and about 48% of that are children, bout 15 million children -- one out of every four live below the official poverty line, 22% of Americans under the age of 18 -- and 25% under age 12 are hungry or at the risk of being hungry. Children ARE Hungry In The US. Children and families are the fastest growing group in the homeless population, representing 40%.

After years of my career working with government agencies with nothing changing....it amazes me how little we truly care about each other and more about perceived terror with an unethical media. Compassion is not a media magnet.

Read me! www.leatherati.com
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2010, 12:48 AM   #79
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
I keep trying to remember the 'average American' who has never walked down the street and heard at least 2 and usually 3 languages on a routine basis.........

or spent every friday night family dinner where at least 8 languages could be spoken at the dinner table...
I miss this average American, this was (still is to a degree) my life.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #80
dreadgeek
Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Cinnamon spiced, caramel colored, power-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful horse girl

Thanked 6,848 Times in 1,493 Posts
dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default And so it begins...

Saw this at Talking Points Memo a few moments ago.

The New York Police Department has confirmed to TPM that a cab driver in Manhttan was allegedly stabbed by a passenger who asked if the cabbie was Muslim, and says the incident is being treated as a hate crime. The suspect has been charged with attempted murder and other crimes.

According to Detective Marc Nell, at 6:12 pm last night, the driver picked up Michael Enright, 21, of Brewster, NY, at the intersection of 24th Street and 2nd Avenue in Manhattan. The cab proceeded to drive north, and Enright asked the driver, who Nell identified as a 43-year-old Asian male, if he was Muslim. After the driver responded that he was, Enright allegedly stabbed him repeatedly with a Leatherman tool, according to police.

"[Enright] stabbed the driver in the throat, right arm, left forearm, right thumb and upper lip," Nell said.

According to police, the driver called 911, and stopped the cab on 3rd Avenue between 40th and 41st streets, managing to lock Enright inside until police arrived.

Nell told TPM that the cab driver is in stable condition, and that Enright has been charged with "attempted murder two as a hate crime, assault with a weapon as a hate crime, aggravated harassment second degree because of race and religion, and criminal possession of a weapon."

Nell could not confirm that Enright had admitted to asking the driver if he was Muslim.

"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. They found that The People tended not to be grateful or appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so, the children of the revolution were faced with the age-old problem: it wasn’t that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people. As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn’t measure up." (Terry Pratchett)
dreadgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dreadgeek For This Useful Post: