Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 10-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Posting YouTube Videos?

I'm having issues posting videos from YouTube. Do I wrap the YouTube code around a regular link or an embed link? I've tried both and neither works for me.

Thank you!
Old 10-28-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Just the ending. So if I was to post this video: youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0 I would post just the 9bZkp7q19f0 between the Youtube tags

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass

Last edited by Linus; 10-29-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Er...

I'm a right-brained visual person. Can somebody explain that a little more step-by-step? I'm sorry. I'm still confused. I appreciate the response though!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_On_Fire View Post
I'm a right-brained visual person. Can somebody explain that a little more step-by-step? I'm sorry. I'm still confused. I appreciate the response though!
Take a look again at my post. I forgot that we turn any URL into a link. Should make more sense now.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 07:19 PM   #5
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

I couldn't figure it out at first either.

Click the little YouTube icon and you'll have a double set of these
[YOUTUBE]
Go to your YouTube video and only take the video id # such as yXMU2qwCVag. Don't take the & or the word 'featured.' You just want the number.
Put it between the YouTube things (I know nothing about terminology) and then click preview. You should see your video.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Samurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST Reputation

It should look something like this:

PHP Code:
[YOUTUBE]yXMU2qwCVag[/YOUTUBE
You could also type it in, as with any other tags
Samurai Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2013, 09:52 PM   #7
KCBUTCH

How Do You Identify?:
Undaunted QUEER Dom, Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
MYSELF, Syr, Hy, or friend prefered
Relationship Status:
Cautious, indifferent...

Thanked 3,305 Times in 884 Posts
KCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST Reputation

HA this fricken explanation just rocked my world thank you everyone who took a part in putting it together so neatly
Old 03-21-2013, 04:47 AM   #8
peachy

How Do You Identify?:
Me

peachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputation

Ah just found the utube icon thanks. Why can't I watch videos and songs that other people post.

All I can see is a blank white square with a little tiny box in the top left - like the ones you see when the computer says about thumbnails. Any suggestions I would like to listen to some of the tunes that get posted?

Thanks pxo

Caution: contains hard stone
peachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #9
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachy View Post
Ah just found the utube icon thanks. Why can't I watch videos and songs that other people post.

All I can see is a blank white square with a little tiny box in the top left - like the ones you see when the computer says about thumbnails. Any suggestions I would like to listen to some of the tunes that get posted?

Thanks pxo
Its not your computer, sometimes the post doesn't take correctly when it is loaded on you tube. Or they didn't correctly put everything in between the youtube blocks. If you can't see it, usually no one else can either. Just make sure when you post that it doesn't lose anything or move anything around when you click between the youtube blocks.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #10
peachy

How Do You Identify?:
Me

peachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe View Post
Its not your computer, sometimes the post doesn't take correctly when it is loaded on you tube. Or they didn't correctly put everything in between the youtube blocks. If you can't see it, usually no one else can either. Just make sure when you post that it doesn't lose anything or move anything around when you click between the youtube blocks.
Thanks I think it's my computer tho because it's most of the videos and images not just one or two. Also I noticed that videos that were previously viewable (on a different website) are not viewable any more to me - but someone using a different computer can see them...any more hints or tips muchly appreciated...

Caution: contains hard stone
peachy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
youtube