Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #2701
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

I am having issues getting to the gym. I don't enjoy it this time of year with all the "resolutionists" there clogging up the place. Yet, I need to be accountable and go. I know others have mentioned this issue. Can we put our heads together and think of a way to support each other?

Jake

PS....no offense to the resolutionists who have just joined this thread! I totally support you!

Last edited by Hack; 01-05-2012 at 08:16 AM. Reason: fear of offending my bfp people.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #2702
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,056 Times in 2,077 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Anya,

I totally agree. I can't make that stuff and leave it around my house, either. The only time I do make it is for parties (no one knows the difference) and holidays. Other than that, I avoid at all costs. I will post healthier options!

:-D

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #2703
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyes View Post
Anya,

I totally agree. I can't make that stuff and leave it around my house, either. The only time I do make it is for parties (no one knows the difference) and holidays. Other than that, I avoid at all costs. I will post healthier options!

:-D
I bought fortune cookies as my contribution to my daughter's Christmas day homemade Chinese food. It was delivered 2 days before Christmas.

The box was sitting on my counter. I started to obssess about them, which is what I do. I knew I should have had them delivered to my daughter's instead but sometimes I kid myself that something will not be a problem for me.

I finally had to rip open the box. I could not stop thinking about them- I had gotten them dipped in dark chocolate. Told myself, "Just one", knowing full-well if I ate it, I would eat 10 (maybe more). Luckily, they were individually wrapped in cellophane or I would have been doomed.

At 10:30PM, I put it back in the box, resealed it and went outside and put it in the trunk of my car, where it stayed until Christmas.

Yeah, that is me. This is my truth.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #2704
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

The start of Day 4. I feel great, so does Bully. Kick boxing work out yesterday left us both somewhat sore but it's a good sore.

I'm down exactly 4 pounds since Monday. Bully is down 5.6 since Monday.

We are on a roll and this is really way easier than i thought it would be. We've not done a huge change, just little things so it's easier to keep going i think.

Today's menu at the Bully Belle Villa is: Special K bar for breakfast, boiled egg and salad for lunch and dinner is baked chicken, green beans and 1/2 of a sweet potato. With a snack between lunch and dinner and one around 8pm. Now that i'm eating a snack around 8 and making sure it has some carbs in it, my blood sugars in the morning are stabilizing finally.

I get really excited when i wake up in the mornings running to get on the scales. It is such a wonderful motivator. I know it will slow down after a week or so, but, even when i get down to just shrinking ounces, i'll still be happy.

We both totally met yesterday's challenge and drank extra water. What's today's challenge???????

Keep up that motivation and rock on healthy peeps!!!!!!!
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #2705
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I know it is still early, but things are going well. I do feel the changes we have made to our eating habits are sustainable. I like the food we are eating and we eat when we are hungry. It feels like adding fuel to keep my body going and my metabolism up instead of just adding on more weight or just eating to feed a craving or feeling deprived. We are both carb lovers so that is the main thing we have to watch, but we are still eating some.

As far as exercising I am quite sedentary since I work at my desk all day and haven't been as active with sports and other things for quite a while. It's been baby steps on the exercise and I know I will need to intensify my workouts later on but that's ok. We are having fun and moving and that's what is important right now.

Thanks for the challenge Jo. I drank 4 bottles of water- 16.4 ounces each- yesterday!

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #2706
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Look at all this motivation up in here! Good morning y'all... let's tackle this day head on!

CONGRATS Belle & Bully on the continued weight loss! Y'all are doing so good, staying motivated & moving your bodies. They (I don't know exactly who THEY are) say that once you do something for 20 days, it become routine. Y'all are well on your way!

Yesterday for dinner, I had a piece of grilled fish with broccoli, carrots & califlower. I also sliced up a couple of cucumbers & tomatoes that I will be nibbling on for the next couple of days.

Breakfast this morning was a wheat bagel thin, with reduced fat strawberry cream cheese and a banana. I'm savoring my cup of coffee with a splash of creamer right now. I did however switch to the 1/2 caf coffee... so we shall see. It tastes the same to me! Lunch is gonna be a can of soup (Kroger's had Progresso soups on sale for $1.33 each, so I loaded up), a few unsalted saltine crackers & a piece of fruit. I have to work the 2nd job tonight, so I packed one of those grow up lunchables (ham & swiss on a deli thin, 100 calorie snack and pudding).

Water... some days I love it & crave it, others days I could care less. I do know that my bones & joints feel so much better when I drink it. You think I would take that as a sign
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #2707
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
I am having issues getting to the gym. I don't enjoy it this time of year with all the "resolutionists" there clogging up the place. Yet, I need to be accountable and go. I know others have mentioned this issue. Can we put our heads together and think of a way to support each other?

Jake

PS....no offense to the resolutionists who have just joined this thread! I totally support you!
Hey Jake, I totally here you on the gym thing right now! You are right... it's gonna be FULL. Maybe try going at off times (especially if your gym is open super early or super late). I know better than to go right after work, because those damn people are hoggin my favorite machines
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #2708
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Jake

Yes! We can join myfitnesspal and look at everyones progress and support eachother. Or we can make a Facebook page dedicated to us. I am on a sign language interpreters on weight watchers Facebook page it's really active and we have all become close. It's neat!

Starry
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #2709
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
Morning Healthies ♥

Jo, thank you for the challenge yesterday!
i completed it, i only drink water , but often forget to bring water with me when i go out walking or exercising.. AND i forget to drink, drink, drink through the evening.. i pushed myself on both counts yesterday, & will continue to!

Yesterday i worked all day, i couldn't blend my breaks.. SO, during each half hour break i had, i took the stairs (3 floors)..i coasted up the stairs & back down twice, 3rd time was more of a challenge.. 5th time i was ready to gnaw my arm off LOL. But, doing that a few times a day kept me feeling like i was being active..

Today is my day off.. GYM day, i need to get back into the Gym.. So, i wrote it in my calendar to keep myself accountable... i have a habit of making excuses when it comes to going to the Gym.

Also, Tonya & Gemme have inspired me - about belly dancing.. How exciting! There is a place which is right next door to my work that offers classes for 10 dollars a class, so i called yesterday & will find out today which days i can go..A girl i work with is coming with me (maybe 2) which will make it fun, but even if they back out, i am pushing myself.. i need something fun & different to add to my routine, this would be exactly that.. So thank you girls!

Today is weigh in day - i've an appointment with my Dietician this afternoon, we start an Intuitive Eating program.. That's where i weigh in.. i'm hoping for 5 more lbs lost at least.. *crossing fingers*
((((((sylvie))))))) without a doubt in my mind, I bet you are gonna have a loss today! WOOOHOOOO for finding a belly dancing class too... even better that you have some friends that want to try it out with you! $10 a class, that's what mine offers, too!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #2710
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I bought fortune cookies as my contribution to my daughter's Christmas day homemade Chinese food. It was delivered 2 days before Christmas.

The box was sitting on my counter. I started to obssess about them, which is what I do. I knew I should have had them delivered to my daughter's instead but sometimes I kid myself that something will not be a problem for me.

I finally had to rip open the box. I could not stop thinking about them- I had gotten them dipped in dark chocolate. Told myself, "Just one", knowing full-well if I ate it, I would eat 10 (maybe more). Luckily, they were individually wrapped in cellophane or I would have been doomed.

At 10:30PM, I put it back in the box, resealed it and went outside and put it in the trunk of my car, where it stayed until Christmas.

Yeah, that is me. This is my truth.
Good for you! I used to pour salt on anything that I wanted to take more than 2 bites of. Lol... I'm gonna start doing that again.

Smiles

Starry
Old 01-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #2711
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Thursday check in:

Stayed under my points yesterday but didnt work out. I ended up cleaning up the kitchen and cooking dinner and by the time I was done, was exhausted. I have noticed that I am sleeping much better since starting back on my plan and am finding myself WANTING to sleep! (wheras before I never wanted to go to bed before 2am knowing that I had to be up at 6am)

Breakfast this morning was a smoothie and a morning snack of sugar free chocolate pudding (hormonal so I needed me some chocolate!)

Lunch is a lean cuisine and some carrot sticks with fat free ranch.

I've been downing my water all day!

Tonight we are doing 6-inch subway sanwiches. I have a coupon for buy one get one free and I will do the grilled chicken with lettuce, peppers, onion, and mustard!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #2712
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

omg omg omg omg OMG...
Soooo had to come in with my exciting news!

First of all, i went girl shopping today, and bought some pretties, new bras (one is cheetah print) how CUTE.. And new pants and new shirt and new workout gear......ok ok but that's not what was exciting.. Back in June of 2011 i was a size 26 pants... When i was in Oregon, i was 24... Today?? i am a size 20 !!!!!!!!!!

my shirt went from a 4x in June to a size 1x OR x-large depending on the style of the shirt.. AND...

i weighed in today, 11 more lbs lost since last weigh in almost 4 weeks ago...
for a grand total of................ 82 lbs lost!!

82 frigging lbs... i reached my 75 lb milestone & passed it even, i'm SOOOO happy... next milestone will be 100 lbs lost! So aiming for 10 more lbs in the next 4-5 weeks !!

<-------- bouncing girl!

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #2713
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyes View Post
Yes! We can join myfitnesspal and look at everyones progress and support eachother. Or we can make a Facebook page dedicated to us. I am on a sign language interpreters on weight watchers Facebook page it's really active and we have all become close. It's neat!
i love this idea, specially facebook if everyone is there..
SparkPeople is also an option, whatever everyone does i'm so there!

Old 01-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #2714
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
omg omg omg omg OMG...

First of all, i went girl shopping today, and bought some pretties, new bras (one is cheetah print) how CUTE.. And new pants and new shirt and new workout gear......ok ok but that's not what was exciting.. Back in June of 2011 i was a size 26 pants... When i was in Oregon, i was 24... Today?? i am a size 20 !!!!!!!!!!

my shirt went from a 4x in June to a size 1x OR x-large depending on the style of the shirt.. AND...

82 frigging lbs... i reached my 75 lb milestone & passed it even, i'm SOOOO happy... next milestone will be 100 lbs lost! So aiming for 10 more lbs in the next 4-5 weeks !!

<-------- bouncing girl!
I have been waiting all day to hear your good news!! I am so happy for you. My is happy and I am grinning from ear to ear!! And proud of you. Sylvie you inspire me.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #2715
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Quote:

Jake

Jake, i find it difficult too.. Being accountable is one of the hardest things for me, it's why i put it all out there, i feel like i 'have' to live up to what i've told everyone (though that doesn't work for everyone)..

i like the idea of all supporting each other someplace, along with this thread.. Putting my mind to work to think as well, i do like the suggestions so far..

And once again, am so grateful for all of you here, with motivation, encouragement, support.. We're always thinking together in coming up with ways to lend support..Am i a broken record? Who cares! LOL

How fabulous are WE?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #2716
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Quote:
omg omg omg omg OMG...

<-------- bouncing girl!
AMAZING!!! You are an inspiration!!! You Go Girl and you will get there in no time!! <3

Huggggssss!!!! Yyayyayaay!

Starry
Old 01-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #2717
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Quote:
i love this idea, specially facebook if everyone is there..
SparkPeople is also an option, whatever everyone does i'm so there!
I am game for whatever too!! Let's do this :-D

Starry
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #2718
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

One of my biggest probs with weight loss is im a habitual nibbler,a grazer in the first degree.I often just need something in my hands and my eveil little mind kept buisey.Today I had a couple of poached eggs and one slice of whole wheat sugar free bread with just a touch o butter on it,I broke up the toast and put it in with my poached eggs...that along with way to much coffee was fine for breakfast.I got to doing some things in the kitchen and caught my self with a handful of unsalted peanuts eating them one at the time..they have only 5 carbs pr 10 so im not worried about that,just that its been oave a year since I quit the smokies and i need amy hands buisey...ahhh desisions are endless.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #2719
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

getting it together for the new year.

back to counting points this week ... monday will be the first weigh in since before the holidays so who knows!

Everyone is on a bellydancing roll - my class starts on Wed nite. 12 week beginner class. I've done it before but its been awhile so beginner's mind. She's my fave teacher who stopped teaching for a couple years and is back so I was going to take whatever class she offered.

Next tuesday a work friend wants to go to kickboxing at our company gym, if that's good I'll do that each week as well. And other work friend said she'll take the bellydance class too if I take spinning, so there's another class I've somehow committed to.

i need to get back into my size 12s by summer dammit.
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to turasultana For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #2720
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Todays workout was back and biceps...DONE.
Cardio...DONE