Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 12-19-2011, 09:11 AM   #2541
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

It's making me crazy not weighing in today...
i really have to wait until Jan 5th? oy! LOL

so, since i can't weigh in today.. i will celebrate other things..
- considerable difference in how my clothes fit today.. love when that happens. Put my work uniform on and it's much looser than usual. i remember when this shirt first started fitting a couple of months ago and it was snug around my belly still, but i was so happy i could get it on, and now, it's actually loose.. *happy dances*
- last night, i sat on my computer chair with my feet on the chair and my knees up in front of me, and thought to myself - 'i've never been able to do this, omg..' ahh the small things *smiles*
- i can also cross my legs comfortably now, and love that i can..my legs are much more comfortable , no pains in them anymore, no swelling & even when i work long work shifts, i don't come home in tears and pain.. that's a great feeling!
- i have ankles now.. (sounds strange) but my ankles at one time seemed so swollen and big all the time, but now, my ankles feel ankle'ish! (laughing at my lack of words)

i just finished working my morning shift & walked home the long way.. i live 10 mins from work but i take another route which gives me a good brisk 30 min walk.. i'll take that way back to work this evening too. Getting ready to do my SparkPeople workouts , just need to get changed and get at it.. May do the Jillian workout DVD a lil after lunch as well! =) feeling energetic like crazy today!

Preplanning my day's meals, if i do, i stick to them! =)

breakfast:
1/2 cup of cheerios & 1/2 cup skim milk
4 orange sections
1/2 cup of red grapes
1 blueberry yogurt
4 glasses of water during my 3 hour shift

morning snack:
2 clementines & 1/8 cup of raisins
2 glasses of water

lunch:
tuna salad (tuna, 1Tbsp light Mayo, chopped celery, dill & onion)
8 whole wheat crackers, unsalted
1 medium apple, sliced

afternoon snack:
1/8 cup almonds
1/2 large banana

supper:
haddock (3oz)
1/2 cup brown basmati rice
steamed asparagus (8 of 'em)

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #2542
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Part of my mother's cancer/chemo struggle right now is with dehydration...she went from 111 to 106 this morning...in part because the TPN pump didn't flow last night...and in part because she is resisting drinking or eating.

Even when she was younger and healthier, she never really drank water.

So...I know this is the healthy weight loss thread and not the cancer thread...but please...do yourselves a favor and drink your water....every day...a few glasses. It's amazing what a difference it makes.

The nurse is here this morning, trying to do a blood draw on her. Halfway through, the flow simply stopped. He had to switch arms to fill one vial. Her blood pressure is down....she aches all over. It's dehydration....just the lack of fluid to keep things working as they should.

Please....drink your water. Chug it if you don't like it. But drink it.

:end nag:
Old 12-19-2011, 09:36 AM   #2543
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

((((Jo))))
Whether the cancer support thread or here in the Weight Loss thread, you of course have our support here, just as much as anywhere else.. You are going through so much right now, wish we lived closer to one another, i'd soo give you the biggest hug.. Always sending you positive thoughts your way for you, Rooster & your mother everyday♥ .. Mtn and i were just discussing the other day how much we feel for you right now with all you've got going on..He, of course sends positive thoughts your way each day too.. Remember to take care of you, too.. xx Here anytime you need a shoulder.

And such an important message, i soo agree.. All i drink is water now, and the difference i feel is amazing...Sometimes i need to remind myself to get drinking if i get busy with things around the house or at work and i realize i've gone awhile without it.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 09:46 AM   #2544
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,056 Times in 2,077 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I found this Ebook for my kindle called "Running Sucks! For Busy Women Who Hate Running" and it has some good stuff I'm gonna try. I do hate running, lol, so it caught my eye. I will outline what it says so if you are interested you don't have to buy it.

Run-walk stairs
Run up 1-3 flights or stairs and walk down. Repeat as many time as you an in 5 minutes. Start slow and build yourself up to the full 5 min. This causes you to breathe heavier. More oxygen in your blood releases more fat. She says you will lose 5 lbs in 2 weeks if you do this 5x a week for 2 weeks.

HIIT running
Sprint as fast as you can for 10 seconds. Walk for 50 seconds. Repeat 15 times. Increase to sprinting as fast as you can for as long as our can, and walking until you recover.

Also, she had food tips.

Put a 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon on every meal.. No matter what. This helps regulate blood sugar and helps with weight loss.

Leucine Powder
5 grams before meals or before working out. Will help with muscle retention and recovery after workouts. Apparently it tastes horrible but just swig it down with some water.

I thought its worth a try! I am going to do it all week while on my cruise (lots of stairs) and see if I don't come back lighter!

Have a great week everyone!!
Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2011, 08:28 AM   #2545
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

As i sit here munching on some grapes for my morning snack..
i got to wondering why it is i've grown to love grapes so much, & then i realized..

They've seriously become one of my comfort foods lately..
When i crave something crunchy, grapes work well to curb that craving..
i can wash up grapes and keep them in a bowl in my fridge - & when i crave just about ANYthing i shouldn't have, i can open my fridge and grab a handful of grapes.. And then, the craving for whatever i want passes..

i know they say too much fruit isn't good, and most days i do great with that.. But if there is a day i am crazy with cravings, i figure it's better to overeat the grapes a lil than the chips or chocolate or whatever my cravings are that day..

So, i keep a bunch washed up, and in my fridge right on the top shelf at the front, easy access.. and it's my pickin' food, my grazin' food, whatever i need at that moment.. And it's not a fruit that'll turn brown, or go bad or anything which is fab..

yaaaaaaay grapes!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2011, 08:44 AM   #2546
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Sylvie,

You are still kicking ass and taking names! I agree with you about overeating grapes instead of junk food. I haven't had more than two cookies in five weeks since I went to the dentist. I have had other soft sweets, but I am doing good. I went to dinner with a friend on Saturday night and had two pieces of my Quesadilla and took the rest home. I really don't have an appetite anymore but I am eating. I am still having yogurt with SoyMilk for breakfast, even though I am not hungry and I have been eating peanut butter sandwiches with about 1.5Tbsp's of peanut butter on the sandwich round bread. Dinner, has been mainly pasta, rice and veggies. I am really enjoying the potato casserole and been making different variations of it. The other night, I added broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, green beans and Southwestern corn. It came out delicious.

Hugs and have a great day,

Zimmeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post

As i sit here munching on some grapes for my morning snack..
i got to wondering why it is i've grown to love grapes so much, & then i realized..

They've seriously become one of my comfort foods lately..
When i crave something crunchy, grapes work well to curb that craving..
i can wash up grapes and keep them in a bowl in my fridge - & when i crave just about ANYthing i shouldn't have, i can open my fridge and grab a handful of grapes.. And then, the craving for whatever i want passes..

i know they say too much fruit isn't good, and most days i do great with that.. But if there is a day i am crazy with cravings, i figure it's better to overeat the grapes a lil than the chips or chocolate or whatever my cravings are that day..

So, i keep a bunch washed up, and in my fridge right on the top shelf at the front, easy access.. and it's my pickin' food, my grazin' food, whatever i need at that moment.. And it's not a fruit that'll turn brown, or go bad or anything which is fab..

yaaaaaaay grapes!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2011, 08:49 AM   #2547
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Dear Jo,

I am sending you and your family warm hugs and to also let you know, that I am here if you need me. I can tell a difference in my body when I don't drink enough water and I try to have a minimum of eight glasses a day.

I know what it is like to watch a parent struggle to hold onto their life, and almost ten years after I lost my dad, I have my good days and my bad days. I am thankful for my friends who can see that I am having a bad day, and they make me go out and have fun...You have all of us here to support you, Rooster and your mom..

Hugs,

Zimmeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Part of my mother's cancer/chemo struggle right now is with dehydration...she went from 111 to 106 this morning...in part because the TPN pump didn't flow last night...and in part because she is resisting drinking or eating.

Even when she was younger and healthier, she never really drank water.

So...I know this is the healthy weight loss thread and not the cancer thread...but please...do yourselves a favor and drink your water....every day...a few glasses. It's amazing what a difference it makes.

The nurse is here this morning, trying to do a blood draw on her. Halfway through, the flow simply stopped. He had to switch arms to fill one vial. Her blood pressure is down....she aches all over. It's dehydration....just the lack of fluid to keep things working as they should.

Please....drink your water. Chug it if you don't like it. But drink it.

:end nag:
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2011, 11:14 PM   #2548
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default I found this interesting....

The 14 Worst Health Trends of 2011

Posted by abornstein | December 20, 2011

Do you know what’s affecting your health?

It might seem like a ridiculous question. After all, you control what you eat, how much you exercise, and all the other behaviors that influence your overall health.

But if you’re like most people, your actions are oftentimes influenced by the information you receive. And a lot of that information—too much, in fact—is diluted with mistruths, inaccuracies, or in some instances, ridiculousness (yeah, it’s a word) and false promises.

How else would you describe these staggering statistics: Right now 35 percent of all adults are obese and 62 percent are overweight. And as I’ve mentioned before, the future doesn’t look so good, either. Recent estimates show that by the year, 2020 80 percent of the country will be obese.

The simple answer: Eat better and exercise more.

The real answer: Remove the misleading ideas and increase awareness about the bad habits that make it harder for you to be healthy. With that in mind, we’ve put together a guide of the worst trends of 2011. Avoiding these mistakes will give you a better chance of improving your health in 2012.

LACK OF SLEEP
When the National Sleep Foundation announced that Americans were sleeping less with each passing year—and spiking in 2011—it ignited an immediate red flag. For one, it made me focus more on my own sleep struggles. (yes, I’m guilty too) But more importantly, it highlighted a strong potential underlying cause of the obesity battle in adults. Sleep isn’t just important for creating mental clarity, reducing the risk of diabetes and heart problems, and fighting off depression. The amount of sleep you get is directly linked to the ease with which you lose weight and build muscle.

Consider the following facts:
Just three consecutive nights of bad sleep can increase insulin resistance, says researchers. Translation: you're more likely to store fat.

People who sleep less than 6 hours per night also eat an ADDITIONAL 220 calories per day.

Sleeping less alters your hormones, forcing you to experience great and more intense feelings of hunger.

See the trend? Sleep might be the most under-rated aspect of living a healthy life. And that’s exactly why we should all make it a bigger priority in the upcoming year. No excuses.

THE "BEST" DIETS
Diets are nothing new. Every year it seems like there’s a new “fat loss” breakthrough that will help everyone finally reach their goals—and 2011 was no exception. But this past year saw a rise in diets that highlighted the most unsuspecting of suggestions. Among the specialty diets: The HCG Diet (which features human placenta), The Cookie Diet (cookies that include meat protein—yes, meat protein), The Dukan Diet (no carbs and a limit on vegetables) and the Donut Diet (scones and croissants sold separately).

All of these diets have two things in common: They claim to help you lose weight, and all of them lack any substantive research to prove that their approach is actually effective. While any super low calorie diet can lead to weight loss (regardless of what foods you eat), and there’s nothing wrong with the occasional snack or indulgence, none of these options are sustainable or a suggested way to eat. If it seems too good to be true (all snacks all the time) or too odd (no veggies) to be healthy it probably is.

PIZZA IS NOW HEALTHY
Everyone should add more vegetables to their diet. They’re healthy, keep you full, and offer micronutrients that offer endless health benefits. And while it’s rare that I’ll ever argue against eating any vegetable (I consider them free foods and eat them in large quantities), The United States Congress tried to declare in November that frozen pizza qualifies as a vegetable. The reason had nothing to do with nutrition: It was a financial decision that related to foods in schools (and an attempt to avoid upsetting large food companies).

Nevertheless, I wanted to take this chance to clarify the subject: Pizza is not a vegetable. It tastes good, but it’s not a vegetable. Let’s move on.

FAT MAKES YOU FAT
I’ve been trying to fight this debate for the last 10 years, but the issue persists. Whether it’s the virtue of eating whole eggs (and not just the yolk) or enjoying the fat in steaks and nut butter, people still have a hard time believing that fat DOESN’T make them fat.

So I’m here to share it again: It doesn’t. In fact, fat is an essential part of your diet and a vital nutrient that helps balance your hormones in your favor. To prove the importance of fat as a weight loss agent, researchers compared a higher fat diet to one higher in carbs (the typical replacement on low-fat diets). The result: Dieters who ate more fat lost 10 pounds in 25 FEWER days than those who used a high-carb approach.

That’s not to say that you should go fat crazy. There still are some fats that are bad (mainly the evil trans-fats), and overeating is still overeating no matter what you’re consuming. But you should keep in mind that the low-fat fad that started in the 1980s was a gross misunderstanding of the foods you need in your diet.

THE ANTI-COFFEE PUSH
There were several initiatives in the early parts of 2011 to have people kick the coffee habit and replace the old cup of Jo with other energy sources. And while I don’t drink coffee (I don’t like the taste and probably don’t need the caffeine), the benefits of coffee are nothing short of amazing. Recent research has linked coffee to reducing fatigue and helping your workout, fighting diabetes, lowering cholesterol, increasing brain activity, and having more antioxidants than most fruits and vegetables. I’d say that’s reason enough to enjoy your morning…or afternoon…or evening cup of coffee, assuming you can handle the buzz. And if you can’t, most the benefits still exist for those who prefer the decaf version.

DROWNING IN CALORIES
I was shocked when I found out that the average American drinks 550 cans of soda per year. That needs to stop. Now.

THE SHAKE WEIGHT
Need I say more? I think this video says enough.

SNACK ATTACK
A recent analysis found that the average snack is 580 calories. While I now prefer eating 3 large meals per day, I have no problem with the grazing method and eating 4 to 6 smaller meals per day. But if you choose that option make sure your snacks are really snacks, and not just well disguised meals. If you’re trying to lose weight, the grazing method won’t work if you’re overeating. No matter how much some people might believe that eating more means constantly boosting metabolism or keeping insulin levels in check, that’s not really an accurate interpretation of how your body works. Choose the eating plan that’s right for YOU, but understand portion sizes and meal profiles (balancing protein, carbs, and fats) to make the most of your eating plan and see the results you want.

POWER BALANCE
These bracelets seemed like a hoax waiting to happen. And sure enough, it was. The makers of the bracelet, which was supposed to help balance and athletic performance, admitted earlier this year that there was no scientific evidence to back their claims. Unfortunately, that didn’t stop more than 2.5 million people from buying the piece of rubber. I guess Shake Weight owners are in good company.

THE SITUATION
Yeah, I’m talking about that Situation. Apparently he has a “fitness” video. Watch at your own risk.

TONING SHOES
If I told you that simply wearing shoes would give you the body you desired, would you believe me? My guess is no. But that didn’t stop millions of people from buying several varieties of “toning” shoes. The situation became so egregious that Reebok had to pay $25 million to settle a FTC lawsuit that the marketing claims didn’t transform people’s bodies as advertised.

If you want to get back in shape (or in better shape), the same principles still apply: Exercise and eat well. There are many ways to achieve these goals, but there’s no use trying to beat the system.

FUNCTIONAL TRAINING
The same functional training that was once popular has become the downfall of current fitness practices. That’s because what is “functional” is now more of a gimmick than a solution to make you move and feel better. Real functional training is designed to improve your movement patterns and fix weakness that are created by sedentary lifestyles and exercise programs that are short-sighted and flawed (they lack a balanced approach, which increases the likelihood of injury). That is not what is practiced in many commerical gyms. Instead it's a mix of hybrid exercises that trick you into thinking you're doing your body a favor.

While it might look cool, standing on balance balls for every exercise does not make your muscles work harder or improve your core strength. Just the opposite. Research in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research found that when you performed exercises on a stable surface you worked your core more than when on a balance board or ball. That’s because the stable surface allows you to use more weight, which forces you to engage more muscles (and stabilizers) and works you harder.

The balance craze is just one example of an industry that now focuses more on creating fun-looking exercises rather than emphasizing what’s really important: RESULTS. The hope is that through continuing education we can spread the word on what really works, and help ensure that the workouts you perform will help you look and feel good, rather than offer a few moves that do little more than provide a cool party trick.

SUPPLEMENT OVERDOSE
The supplement industry brings in about $30 billion per year. I’m not in finance, but that’s a lot of supplements. I’m not saying that supplements are bad. I use them, believe in them, and for many people they can fill nutritional gaps. But, they are called supplements for a reason. Unfortunately, too many people have become over-reliant on supplements and are looking for the next magic pill or powder to answer their health needs.

Here’s what you need to know: The majority of your nutrition should come from real food. Eat more fruits and vegetables and you will be better off. For protein, whole food sources are superior to powders. Again, the problem is not using supplements, but instead developing unrealistic expectations or becoming dependent on them. (of course, unless use is specified by your doctor)

BONUS:

ARE WE STILL CRUNCHING?
At least three studies came out this year that showed doing crunches and situps don’t give you a flat, toned stomach and don’t burn belly fat. In one study, one group performed crunches 5 days a week while another group did nothing. At the end of the study, there was no difference in belly fat between the two groups.

The lesson: You still can’t out-exercise a bad diet, and you can’t spot reduce. So stop crunching away and focus on the bigger picture with your workouts. Do full body exercises, push yourself hard, eat better and you’ll see the type of changes that hundreds of crunches would never provide.

- Adam Bornstein

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/blog/blog/...#ixzz1hEm6pq40

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2011, 01:39 PM   #2549
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Well I de-freaking-railed on the weight loss train ride this week. For three days. Holy Mackinoli triggers can run deep. The way I stopped... I *noticed* I was unconsciously eating yesterday. I have worked hard on being conscious. Very hard.

So, here I am today; present, aware and working on my "behaviour tables" to recognize the trigger. Abandonment - check. Not feeling safe - check. And then taking ownership of the part I CONSCIOUSLY TOOK in participating in a situation that would trigger me. Silly little fox.

Today, is a good day. As part of my spiritual preparation I am fasting. That is not uncommon in shamanic work. Empty vessel to be filled. Fasting has always been a wonderful event for me. I have been fasting for almost twenty years (not like every day ).

Now, please do not send me links or articles telling me the downside to fasting... I have read them. Fasting for spiritual reasons is fulfilling. Ironic, but true.

My first ten day fast gave me epiphany after epiphany regarding my addiction to food. Apparently those epiphanies were short lived or I just re-buried the truths. <insert rueful grin here>. However, I feel those realizations deeply within myself and have drawn upon them repeatedly in the last year.

Today my fast is one of ABSOLUTE GRATITUDE. I offer my body as the empty vessel to be filled with spirit, love, grace, compassion, Eros, my song and my drum.

I am safe. I am not abandoned. I am loved. I am okay. (and repeat)

Thanks for listening.

Muriel Strode

Last edited by foxyshaman; 12-22-2011 at 01:46 PM.
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2011, 10:40 AM   #2550
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Well I made it to the gym this morning, 1st time since monday night. Between work and being sick, it has been a hella week.
Couldnt do as much as I wanted, just can't get enough oxygen due to congestion.
Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!!!
Old 12-23-2011, 11:50 AM   #2551
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Has anyone used the website www.stickk.com?

I read about it in one of my doctor's offices. It is a website you can join and use to stay committed to a goal (weight loss, debt reduction, etc.) They have a function on there that you can set up so that if you don't make a goal, a "charitable" contribution is made directly from your checking account to a charity you would never give money to. Ever.

Just wondering if anyone's tried it, or if you have thoughts on it.

Jake
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2011, 06:31 PM   #2552
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I've been meaning to come in and post all day, but we treated today like Christmas Day since Rooster travels to his father tomorrow....

Anyway, after a 3 week plateau I jumped on the scale this morning to see a 3 lb. weight loss.

So...my Christmas gift to myself was the loss of 10% of my total body weight....from 230 lbs on the day I said "enough" to 207 this morning. I'm looking forward to the first big milestone....getting under 200.

Today however...is Christmas for us...and there are no rules about eating.

Hope you all have happy holidays!
Old 12-24-2011, 06:40 PM   #2553
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

I arrived in New Orleans 5 days ago. I have been on track for the past month and lost a few pounds. I vowed to stay on track until my family reunion Christmas Day.

I lasted 30 minutes. It's so very hard when you are in a place that only serves veggies if they are breaded and fried.

I will regroup when i get back to Canada. Thanks for this thread and all of your support.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #2554
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,378 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
I've been meaning to come in and post all day, but we treated today like Christmas Day since Rooster travels to his father tomorrow....

Anyway, after a 3 week plateau I jumped on the scale this morning to see a 3 lb. weight loss.

So...my Christmas gift to myself was the loss of 10% of my total body weight....from 230 lbs on the day I said "enough" to 207 this morning. I'm looking forward to the first big milestone....getting under 200.

Today however...is Christmas for us...and there are no rules about eating.

Hope you all have happy holidays!
Congratulations! What a great gift for you. Totally agree on the exemption.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2011, 11:10 AM   #2555
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I had someone ask me to post what is working for me, as I have lost 47 lbs in approximately 4 months.

In an effort to get my Diabetes under control and to improve my heart health/life span we are following the same eating plan as discussed in Dr, Sanjay Guptas TV special with President Clinton "The last heart attack" which replays periodically and is worth a view if you get the chance.

I have to work so I'll be back leater to post more.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2011, 01:55 PM   #2556
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

In a nutshell the eating plan is a Vegan, no oils plan that is supposed to clear the fat and build up from your arteries allowing even someone that can no longer be helped surgically to live for many more years.

I have found the by-product of this eating plan to be a pretty steady weight loss, and a decreasing Insulin resistance. I have a lot of body (belly) fat, as do most diabetics, and the fat is melting off because I am not eating any fat. I mean NO fat. This is probably the biggest roadblock for most people, becausde I basically have to cook from scratch everything I eat. What I can eat off the shelf requires every label to be read. You wouldn't think vegatable stock would have oil, but most brands do.

When I say no oil/no fat, I mean no oil, margarine, nuts, avocados, olives, no bread with oil...etc... No added oil. A vegan diet is hard enough, without having no oils....but for *ME*, it is the only way I am going to see 60 without more heart issues.

I had a triple by-pass in 2007 with a heart attack and stent in 2002. My father dropped dead of a heart attack at 59, which was nearly 10 years to the day he had a 4 way by-pass. I will only make it to 57 or so unless I change the way I live my live right now.

We go out to eat occasionally at a Vegan place in Long Beach that let's us special order, but otherwise I cook 3 meals a day, every day. In order to sautee vegatables I have to do it in veggie stock, which takes 3x's as long. Until I found veggie stock without oil I had to make my own and freeze it.

There are several good Vegan blogs out there with some great receipes, some are even fat free vegan blogs. I substitute applesauce where I can for oil in some receipes, I use egg replacer...I have a Lentil Loaf receipe that is to die for it is so good. Getting the right combinations and amounts of protein is a challange, but most Vegans do okay...Tofu, beans, grains...even quite a few vegatables (cauliflower) are a good source of protein. We also supplement with Protein shakes when we feel the day just wasn't balanced well. Neither one of us are getting any younger, and as you age your need for protein increases.

If you have any questions ask, or you can PM me.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2011, 02:34 PM   #2557
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

We have less than a week left in this year,I will be glad the party season is over cause its been a near train wreck trying to watch what I eat and still injoy the party.Except for the last one at the pool hall..I did eat a fue things I shouldnt have as spareingly as possable.Now this morning I should have been thrashed for doing what I did,I ate my useal breakfast but a couple of hours later I got the wanna munch but was out of my kind of munchies..for the last fue days I have had a homemade lemon marangue pie in the fridge..there was a peice left...I ate it...am I sorry??? Nope it was sooooo good,I ate it slow so it wouldnt hit my system like a bomb.For lunch I had a bowl of chicken noodle soup and tonight I am haveing a salad...have to pay the price some how.Im not shure if we are gonna party on new years eve but I will cross that one when I get to it.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #2558
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,378 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
I have a Lentil Loaf receipe that is to die for it is so good. Getting the right combinations and amounts of protein is a challange, but most Vegans do okay...Tofu, beans, grains...even quite a few vegatables (cauliflower) are a good source of protein. We also supplement with Protein shakes when we feel the day just wasn't balanced well. Neither one of us are getting any younger, and as you age your need for protein increases.

If you have any questions ask, or you can PM me.
Hey Ms Tinkerbelly,

I eat lentils everyday as a core carb in my diet, one of my "human rocket fuel" foods. I would really like to get a great lentil loaf recipe as I am always looking for new or better ways to use them.

If it's not too much trouble, could you please post or pm the recipe for me?

Thanks

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2011, 03:19 PM   #2559
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Lentil Loaf

A moist, delicious and easy to slice lentil loaf.

Nutritional Facts
Servings 6 Serving Size 3/4 Inch Slice
Calories 225
Fat 7.5g
Carbohydrates 30g
Protein 10
Fiber 6.5g
Sugar 8g
Sodium mg

Tomato Topping Mixture

1 6oz Can Tomato Paste
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1/2 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Onion Flakes
1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt

Lentil Loaf

1 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 Block Extra Firm Tofu
1 Cup Chopped Onion
1/2 Cup Chopped Green Pepper
1/2 Cup Chopped Red Pepper
1 Tablespoon Tomato Topping Mixture
3 Tablespoons Plain Yellow Corn Meal
3/4 Cup Cooked & Drained Lentils
1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/4 Teaspoon Thyme
1/4 Teaspoon Cumin
1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Onion Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Dried Mustard

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Mix the tomato topping mixture together first because you will need a tablespoon to mix into the lentil loaf. The rest will be set aside to coat the loaf when completed.

Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to a skillet on medium heat, add chopped onions, red and green bell pepper and let cook until onions are transparent (about 5 minutes), stirring frequently.

In a food processor chop oats for 5 quick pulses.

Drain tofu well and press with hands until all excess water comes out. In a mixing bowl mash tofu with a fork or use grater to coarsely grate.

In the same mixing bowl combine, cooked onions and peppers, 1 tablespoon of tomato mixture, oats, corn meal, lentils, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon olive oil, thyme, cumin, chili powder, parsley, salt, sugar, garlic and onion salt, dried mustard and mix until well combined.

Spray a large sheet of tin foil with cooking spray to form loaf on, place on cookie sheet. On top and in the middle of tin foil form loaf mixture into loaf that is 2 1/2 inches tall and 4 1/2 inches square. Coat top and sides with tomato mixture (you will probably have some left over to spoon on later).

Cook loaf for 20 minutes, then cover with tin foil and cook for another 10 minutes. After cooking let cool for 10 minutes before cutting into it.
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #2560
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

I do not use the oil in the receipe. I saute the veggies in veggie stock, and substitute vegggie stock in the loaf. It only calls for 1 TBSP in the loaf as a binder, so if you are not oil restricted it adds very little calories over all.

The receipe also doubles well, and it is very similar in taste and texture to regular meatloaf.

Last edited by MsTinkerbelly; 12-27-2011 at 03:24 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post: