Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Louisiana Forums

Old 12-23-2009, 01:18 AM   #21
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Hellooooo out there,where everybody at?Gonna light me a bonfire,cook some spicy gumbo,ya'll bring what ever ya want to...got beer for the gents and wine for tha ladies.
That's my kind of Louisiana night, honey! I'll be right there. I'll bring some cornbread and beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGrrl View Post
When I was 7 we moved from DC to Louisiana. I grew up in a town called Morgan City. (Most ppl dont know where that is) It's about 30 min's from Houma. (an hour to NO)
LOLOL! Well, if you aren't from the state, maybe you don't know where Morgan City is. My mama worked for a man who made his money in oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
I do love Louisiana!! I love the people and the music!! I have an affinity for boudain on a saltine cracker.
There's a fella I could love! There is something about Louisiana for sure!
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:48 AM   #22
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Cafe Du Monde at 4 am. Chickory coffee, beignets, fresh wet streets, and the sound of a distant saxaphone. I love New Orleans!!
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2009, 12:13 PM   #23
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Cafe Du Monde at 4 am. Chickory coffee, beignets, fresh wet streets, and the sound of a distant saxaphone. I love New Orleans!!
One of my best memories of Nawlins was walking the river front with some friends. It was late...1 am maybe? There was a street musician (yep, a sax player) and we tipped him for the sound he was giving. He finished and then winked at us as he swung into "Misty." The four of us danced in that way you do when you know anyone is watching but you just can't care. Lovely.

Name the date! I'll be there.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #24
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Arwen
Bring yourself right on over,I got some fig preserves I made this year that will be great with hot corn bread.
Rockin
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:26 PM   #25
IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
In a relationship/non-monogamous

Thanked 1,209 Times in 366 Posts
IrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Invite me too!!!

Gonna make a gumbo this week!! whoot!

ps.

anyone else love them some mayhaw jelly? The world doesnt know what they are missing!!

ooo!

AND!

Tart a la Bouie pie!!!

*faint*
IrishGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:12 PM   #26
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Irish
When I bought this place I started to clean off the back fence..till I found muskidine grapes growing on it....they made some great jelly ..wine too..ahem.
Rockin
Old 12-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #27
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Irish
When I bought this place I started to clean off the back fence..till I found muskidine grapes growing on it....they made some great jelly ..wine too..ahem.
Rockin

I love muscadine jelly!!!!
Old 12-23-2009, 10:04 PM   #28
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

*perk* Did I hear cornbread and beer in the same sentence? Love it and I'm not even from the south.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:27 PM   #29
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:

weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
One of my best memories of Nawlins was walking the river front with some friends. It was late...1 am maybe? There was a street musician (yep, a sax player) and we tipped him for the sound he was giving. He finished and then winked at us as he swung into "Misty." The four of us danced in that way you do when you know anyone is watching but you just can't care. Lovely.

Name the date! I'll be there.
Great story Arwen!! There is definitely something about New Orleans after midnight. It is almost like the night becomes thicker in spirit and character.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:53 PM   #30
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Irish and everyone else,just come on down to the party..we will usher the holliday in in style.
There is a big fig tree next door to my house and the folks didnt want the figs,so I picked them.I got lots of jelly in several flavors..yum.
Rockin
Old 12-23-2009, 11:31 PM   #31
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGrrl View Post
anyone else love them some mayhaw jelly? The world doesnt know what they are missing!!
Mama knew were to get the best mayhaw jelly. Wonder if my sister knows. I'll ask. If she does, I'll see if she can bring some when she visits. Then you can come get a jar!

Quote:
Irish
Rockin
Mama and Pa (my step daddy) made the most potent Muscadine wine. The first time I had it...it tasted just like grape juice.

Until you stood up. Oh boy. My mama laughed her butt of at me that night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboi View Post
I love muscadine jelly!!!!
Do you know where to get good mayhaw in Funroe, Andie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
*perk* Did I hear cornbread and beer in the same sentence? Love it and I'm not even from the south.
Major hugs! Hey Wolfy! We will have to get you some cornbread when you are down here!

Quote:
Great story Arwen!! There is definitely something about New Orleans after midnight. It is almost like the night becomes thicker in spirit and character.
You are so right. I miss that place. Luckily I'm only about an 8 or 9 hour drive. I plan on going for a weekend next year.

Quote:
Irish and everyone else,just come on down to the party..we will usher the holliday in in style.
There is a big fig tree next door to my house and the folks didnt want the figs,so I picked them.I got lots of jelly in several flavors..yum.
Rockin
I used to live next door to a family with a fig tree...well one door down anyway. That tree was GREAT for hiding in!
Old 12-23-2009, 11:38 PM   #32
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Arwen, I like a sweet cornbread and actually make it often from scratch. I used to have a GF that made it in an iron skillet. Two versions of it, one sweet for me and one not sweet for those raised up on mixing it in with their food. I do so enjoy eating southern cooking and you know I like to eat. I really do need a long weekend eventually, got a spare couch?

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
Old 12-23-2009, 11:40 PM   #33
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Oh and I forgot to ask, what is mayhaw jelly?

Old 12-23-2009, 11:44 PM   #34
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Arwen, I like a sweet cornbread and actually make it often from scratch. I used to have a GF that made it in an iron skillet. Two versions of it, one sweet for me and one not sweet for those raised up on mixing it in with their food. I do so enjoy eating southern cooking and you know I like to eat. I really do need a long weekend eventually, got a spare couch?

http://www.localharvest.org/mayhaw-jelly-C5354 has a little info on mayhaw jelly.

Honey, you are welcome but you have to know that I don't have weekends off. But you can crash on my couch and go run around and amuse yourself while I work.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:35 AM   #35
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:

http://www.localharvest.org/mayhaw-jelly-C5354 has a little info on mayhaw jelly.

Honey, you are welcome but you have to know that I don't have weekends off. But you can crash on my couch and go run around and amuse yourself while I work.

It sounds yummy and now I want to try it.

I am so going to take you up on that couch crashing, thanks.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:56 AM   #36
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Mama knew were to get the best mayhaw jelly. Wonder if my sister knows. I'll ask. If she does, I'll see if she can bring some when she visits. Then you can come get a jar!

Mama and Pa (my step daddy) made the most potent Muscadine wine. The first time I had it...it tasted just like grape juice.

Until you stood up. Oh boy. My mama laughed her butt of at me that night!

Do you know where to get good mayhaw in Funroe, Andie?

Major hugs! Hey Wolfy! We will have to get you some cornbread when you are down here!

You are so right. I miss that place. Luckily I'm only about an 8 or 9 hour drive. I plan on going for a weekend next year.

I used to live next door to a family with a fig tree...well one door down anyway. That tree was GREAT for hiding in!
Muscadines are hard to come by...but if we plan it, we can go to the "Mayhaw" festival! Mayhaw jelly is just as good as muscadine!!!!
Old 12-24-2009, 09:33 AM   #37
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Muscadines are hard to come by...but if we plan it, we can go to the "Mayhaw" festival! Mayhaw jelly is just as good as muscadine!!!!
We have muscadines all over the farmers markets here right now. The jelly is awesome. I like it in my oatmeal.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #38
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
I like mayhaw over muscadine because it has a more tart flavor that I really like. When and where is the Mayhaw festival? I don't think I've ever been.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:19 AM   #39
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Quote:
I like mayhaw over muscadine because it has a more tart flavor that I really like. When and where is the Mayhaw festival? I don't think I've ever been.

The festival is in May..not sure about the exact date. It is in Marion, the town I grew up in. About an hour north of Monroe!
Old 12-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #40
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Quote:
The festival is in May..not sure about the exact date. It is in Marion, the town I grew up in. About an hour north of Monroe!
Oh that would be good. I want to get to Monroe to get some of Sal's strawberries and May is a good month for that! That would be Sal Pettito's (?) over on Old Sterlington.