Queenie

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,891 Times in 523 Posts
Queenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST Reputation

My biggest fault is my shyness. It has taken so much from me over the years. The older I get and my sweet husband have both helped me kinda over come it. Yes, I am still really shy, but its not as bad as it was, say ten years ago.

Other faults of mine: I have a hard time letting people in. I have been told I am a hard nut to crack.

I smoke way too much. That is a fault, right?

(Going to call my sister to see what other faults I may have..)
Queenie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Queenie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #102
midwest chick

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,678 Times in 338 Posts
midwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputation

thinking that self-imposed social isolation is protective, not sometimes, but ALL the time...

Not sure if I'm all that shy, or just afraid of people.

Smoking.

Taking too long to think about things, when I should be talking about them, or acting on them. Unless I'm at work, and there's an emergent situation. Or my children need something. ?? Form of procrastination??

and I'm with Belle on this -- As a nurse I care way too much, and even personally, I can't leave that nurse at work (follows me everywhere) which is both a strength and a weakness.

many, many more, this one feels like peeling the layers from an onion...
midwest chick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to midwest chick For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2013, 04:36 PM   #103
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Pushing against the tide to reconcile.... aka
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #104
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerryFairy View Post
I have been told it is a fault because once I need to get it out after weeks of not being able to find the right outlet, it comes out. It isn't so much that the other person wants to hear it as it is super intense.
Ah, I see what you mean.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #105
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

Not being able to enjoy downtime to physically heal - I start to feel unproductive or useless and then I push myself more to prove I can still do it.

I know, I need to learn how to rest when I am not in control :P
I think if it wasn't for these projects and my deadline, I would be a lot more easy going about this.
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #106
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

Even though I am patient, sometimes I try to take on more tasks to try to get things happening faster. Usually it ends up setting me back
Old 04-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #107
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,941 Times in 376 Posts
ruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputation

I can be shy.

I like to stay up later than I should.

I like to eat way to much chocolate.

I'm hard on myself.

I find it hard to let go of feelings, good or bad.

I sometimes take things personally, when I don't need to.
ruby_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ruby_woo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #108
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_woo View Post
I can be shy.

I like to stay up later than I should.

I like to eat way to much chocolate.

I'm hard on myself.

I find it hard to let go of feelings, good or bad.

I sometimes take things personally, when I don't need to.
I can relate to all of that - this week specifically, the chocolate.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #109
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,941 Times in 376 Posts
ruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerryFairy View Post
I can relate to all of that - this week specifically, the chocolate.
You should see the giant bag of Mini Eggs that I've been plowing through this week. It's ridiculous.

A friend just bought this three foot box of Cadbury chocolate biscuits and said I could have half, I'm waaay more excited than I should be lol.
ruby_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:12 AM   #110
CXanderRun
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Shoo, don't bother me.

CXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST Reputation

I'm judgmental

My timing is horrid

I become bored with everything very quickly

I'm unable to communicate with others

I never learn my lesson
CXanderRun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CXanderRun For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2013, 02:06 AM   #111
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

Where to begin...I struggled with an eating disorder for so many years and that in itself I don't consider a fault, but...the root cause of the illness remains. There is the passive-aggressiveness. I used starving myself as a weapon against my mother, but kept the anger to myself. I still can barely tolerate confrontation and would rather subtlety show people how I feel than communicate. Another flaw (which is related to the first) is lack of trust. I'm strangely torn between an almost giddy, overwhelming love for humanity in general and not really trusting any individuals except my kids. I'm very cynical which I partially attribute to growing up poor in the middle of Manhattan and experiencing a lifetime of betrayals and disappointments that I held on to for way too long. I never felt safe...what it takes to feel safe I still don't know, but I was always fighting this looming feeling of danger. I still struggle with that even though Boise, ID is far from scary. I'm quite paranoid about being hurt or used or tricked. Lack of trust led me to believe that life is a hustle. In other words, I have been somewhat of a user in the past. I've been very fake. I've pretended to love and like when I knew I didn't. I've blended in and allied myself with people I secretly despised all to gain the thing I thought I could not provide myself with...security. This went on until the day I couldn't stand it anymore and wondered what kind of person am I to do this? After I berated myself for awhile I realized that I made misguided decisions because I thought I was fighting for my life and I was trying to escape a past which was very painful and traumatic. I was wrong.... however many good things came from my mistakes. Then I thought it's never too late to change. So long as you have a breath in your body anyone can change at least in their heart and spirit. You can't redeem yourself with everyone, but you can forgive yourself. So slowly I'm easing my grip and learning to live in the present rather than the past. That's the only way to rid myself of the most debilitating flaws I have.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:38 AM   #112
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Hard headed.
Judgemental
I speak very directly. It rubs some people the wrong way.
High standards for myself and others sometimes too high .
Old 04-08-2013, 06:03 AM   #113
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,125 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

~if you push me too much ~ I'll push back as I walk away ~
~ don't tell me I need something I don't ~ I'll tell u what u want to hear so u will shut the hell up ~
~ I like to flirt and when I get your attention I walk away ~
~ I get too quiet when I should be saying what I'm thinking ~then it's too late ~
~ no matter where the hurt comes from ~ I put a wall up ~ till I have it figured out ~
~ if you bring to the point of tears ~ I run ~
Old 04-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #114
psykftm

How Do You Identify?:
FtM
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, healing

psykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputation

I elaborate too much

when I'm angry I can get apathetic to the needs of others, or
I expect everyone I come into contact with to know what I'm going through without having told them

I don't really know how to handle criticism

I tend to speak figuratively, so I can be hard to understand

A friend bought me a worst case scenario book, I suppose trying to tell me something lol

I rely on others to figure out who I am/rely on labels

I always tend to see the darker side of life

I don't like to ask for affection when I need it
psykftm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psykftm For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #115
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

I cuss too much, but usually don't care.

I am picky about food. (Although there is an actual reason for this, but I don't usually talk about it, nor do I know exactly how to fix it even though I would like to.)

I tell bad/off-color/gross jokes. I have an odd sense of humor. I use humor at the wrong times or in the wrong ways, to try to cover up my own feelings, no matter the situation or subject matter.

I am sometimes too shy and awkward. (Sometimes comes from my social phobias, sometimes comes from nervousness that is caused by good things...either way has a negative effect.)

I lash out at people when I am hurt/angry/not feeling *heard*.

I don't always know how to communicate my feelings until it is too late and it boils over into anger or hurt feelings.

If I am hurting, I want to hurt others. (Emotionally, not physically.)

I have serious issues of self-worth that need to be worked on.

I try so hard to be perky and cheery, when in reality, I am a very unhappy person. I just really don't like for people to know that, because there is nothing worse to me than the look of pity on someone's face.

I do not love myself, but rather, loathe myself on a level that would scare most people. (Another thing that needs to be worked on.)

I know my faults, most of them anyway. But I do not know how to fix a lot of them. Or am afraid to try, because I am afraid of failure. Which is a fault in itself.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #116
Ascot

How Do You Identify?:
Preppy Butch artist
Relationship Status:
She’s wild about me.

Thanked 2,487 Times in 549 Posts
Ascot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST Reputation

I set a very high bar for myself and then expect others to leap it with me. I know it's unfair, but I find I'm not willing to lower it.

If, for some reason, any reason, I've perceived someone as ignorant, dumb in a way that indicates they have no desire for continued growth, I tend to summarily dismiss them. I cannot stomach that.

I eat way too much chocolate.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #117
Amante

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Going steady

Amante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST Reputation

It's weird - my gf arrives in two days for our longest visit ever (2.5 weeks, which will include Meeting the Parents), and a friend's very recent and awful breakup has me obsessing this evening about my faults that are going to make my gf crazy once she finally admits that I'm not perfect:

~ I am a terrible procrastinator, not about everything but about many very key things
~ I am extremely skilled at practicing avoidance with things that I really really need to do, but just don't want to - and if I'm embarrassed that I put it off so long, I'll avoid it even more.
~ Neatness, especially with regard to things like paperwork, is a skill that I put up there with walking on high wires: Clearly some people are capable of it, but I can't fathom how I ever could be, it just seems so impossible.
~ Oversharing and not knowing when to shut up: I never use just 50 words if I can manage to fit in 500
~ Major issues with Imposter Syndrome in my professional life
~ I have ADD which is a little out of control and contributes heavily to a lot of these
~ Somewhat of an addiction to being online, which is something I really do want to address
Old 04-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #118
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

i'm a clean freak.
i hoard a bit, too.
i have to have a fan on when i sleep, even in winter.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #119
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My major one is being too emotional... letting things hurt my feelings too easily... not being able to take things in stride better... sigh...

Previously known as MidnightBlueEyes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://gailsforum.files.wordpress.co...-psd340941.png
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #120
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation
Default Um ...

I tend to talk over people. But, not because I'm attempting to be rude. Instead, I just have so much to say, and it feels as if my mind is way ahead of me. However, I am working on this. So, in that case, it's not really a fault any longer, is it?

If there is a cake in front of me, I must eat the frosting. I always cover up the spot though. And then, go for another area (don't judge, it's not nice). I wonder if there is a 12 step for this issue?

I steal Halloween candy from little children's candy bags. : \

If I have any other faults I simply can't think of them at this moment
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post: