Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 02-13-2015, 08:02 PM   #2301
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapdoodle View Post
Just peeking on this thread and saw the amount of working out some of you do. Is this in a single day?

3 hours of working out in a single day?
Are you in training?

That is a tremendous amount of working out, so, I was just curious?
I don't know of anyone who works out that much in a day, except some extreme Pumpers training for a show.
Jennifer's amazing. That's her all the time. She's not training for anything specific that I am aware of. She just really enjoys her gym time (and she catches up on her shows at the same time!).

I had my last PT appointment today. Yay!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2015, 10:46 PM   #2302
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,524 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

Finally ready to take on the gym....

30 minutes on the treadmill
10 minutes on the stationary bike

Today was my first time working out of any kind in a very long time...

I lost 15 pounds and figured I best tone up now before I can't catch up with it...lol

Not sure about tomorrow, but I'm going to start the barre program soon.

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2015, 11:15 PM   #2303
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Since they injected my left knee I have been getting better,I have been taking walks and doing some stationary bike riding and am having less pain as time go's
on.It's been a month so far and they said it would take two months to get the full results,I my not be compleatly out of pain but I knew this would only lessen pain not take it away.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2015, 07:57 AM   #2304
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

I've recently gotten into watching the Walking Dead, but there's a catch: I'll only watch it while on the elliptical. I've tried watching other shows and movies (mostly comedies) while on cardio equipment, but I spent more time staring at the display that says how long I've been working out.

But the combination of Walking Dead and the elliptical? I move as if my life depends on it.

Another gimmick that works for me... a fitbit! I find I check my stats pretty often throughout the day, and make choices in activity (like taking the stairs rather than elevator) just to make my goals turn green. I'm surprised that it's such an effective motivator, but hey, whatever works. Anyone else use fitbit? I wanna try out the buddy feature!

Old 02-14-2015, 09:44 AM   #2305
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I don't have a Fitbit, JD, but I do want to get something to help me keep a more accurate count of my energy and caloric output. I'm still looking around. What do you like about the Fitbit and what are you less excited about?

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2015, 09:49 AM   #2306
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I dub myself Jennifer Jr. today!

I finally got back in the gym today but it's going to be short lived. We have a storm rolling in today and it will literally snow every other day for the next week and a half. Just enough for the roads to never really get good and dry and the people drive like whacked out morons here and I have a small, light car without 4/all wheel drive so I severely limit my driving time when it's icy and snowy.

I did pretty well (hence the dubation).

E21 and I got reacquainted. I used the random program and worked at level 5.
Stats: 354 cal, 2.68 mi, 40:00 min

Then I moved to the recumbent bike.

B6, random program, level 5
Stats: 212 cal, 7.53 mi, 35:00 min

That's 75 minutes of continuous and intentional movement that did NOT involve or have absolutely anything to do with snow.

Woot!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2015, 12:52 PM   #2307
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,056 Times in 2,077 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I will be doing an hour on the treadmill rocking out to some Beyoncé! Happy Valentine's Day!! :-)

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2015, 12:57 PM   #2308
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation
Default (A very long and detailed) Fitbit review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I don't have a Fitbit, JD, but I do want to get something to help me keep a more accurate count of my energy and caloric output. I'm still looking around. What do you like about the Fitbit and what are you less excited about?
Hi Gemme!

I've got the Fitbit Charge HR ($150), which just came out. This is a big improvement from the Flex ($100), which I had for a brief time. Keep in mind all my cons and pros are based on the Charge HR (with some comparisons to the Flex). Also, Fitbit just released a Cadillac model, the Surge ($250). It has a wrist-display text message alert (which would be fantastic, admittedly!) and GPS, which allows a much more accurate tracking of distance and workout. But the device is really big, and in the end, I decided it wasn't worth $100 just to add GPS and text message alert.

What I like:
1. It measures heart rate, and even tells you whether you're in cardio range or fat burning range. I've seen some reviews that say the HR monitor isn't accurate enough for the hardcore fitness buff, but it's useful for me. It also calculates your resting heart rate, based on an average of... when you're sleeping? I'm not so sure what, actually. But if I want to track my resting heart rate, I just look at it first thing when I wake up. Which brings me to...

2. Wrist display of stats. There's a button on the left side of the band that allows you to scroll through all your stats (time, steps, heart rate, calories burned, stairs climbed, miles traveled, alarm time) and see them right there. The flex doesn't have this, and I do find I look at my stats a lot less through my phone app now, because they're now so readily available on my wrist. You can also reorder the stats so the ones you most care about are the first ones you see.

3. Measures sleep. It tells you how long you slept, and provides a graph that shows when and for how long you were restless, asleep and awake (when I get up to go to the bathroom, it shows me as awake for 2 minutes, then right back to sleep!). And it does it automatically. With the Flex, you have to tell it when you're going to sleep and when you're waking up. The Charge HR just knows. I had a bout of insomnia last week, and laid in bed for 4 hours before falling asleep- sometimes reading, sometimes lying with the lights off willing my body to go to sleep. The last time I recall looking at the clock was 4:30 AM. Four hours later when I got up for work, my Fitbit stats said I went to sleep at 5:04 AM, which sounds exactly right. It didn't even log the 4 hours I was lying still. Anyway, the sleep function is mostly a novelty thing for me, but at least I'll know if I sleepwalk the next time I take an Ambien.

4. Silent alarm. I wake up to my wrist buzzing now. And because the damn thing knows if I went back to sleep, it even has a snooze alarm and goes off again 10 minutes later!

5. Caller ID display. The Charge HR doesn't display text alerts (darn it), but it does show the phone number or caller ID of any incoming calls from your cell phone (assuming your cell is on and within Bluetooth range). You also get a wrist buzz alert, in case your wrist display isn't in view.

6. The wristband. I HATE HATE HATED the Flex wristband (I really can't stress this enough). The Charge HR has a wristband with a buckle. Hurrah! No more weird interlocking clasp that has to be just right! A word of caution, though: The sizing runs small. The sizes come in large and small, but it should be labeled as one-size-fits-all and Tiny Waif. Seriously. I have a small wrist, and if the size choices are small and large, I always choose small. But that's not the case here. I'm wearing the large wristband, and could still make it 2 positions tighter. And during a work out, the recommendation is to push it an inch higher on your wrist, which requires loosening it another 2 positions. I don't know who's wearing the small size, but I suspect they're less than 12 years old.

7. The app. You can track food, water, and additional exercise through the app. All of those things require manually adding them, so I confess I don't track those much. But on the days I've actually drank 64 ounces of water, tracking it in the app is what motivated me to get those final 16 ounces down. And I easily made my step goal just from running to the bathroom!

Con:
1. It's not made for lefties. Or more specifically, it's not made for right-wrist wearers. The button is on the left side, so I have to use my thumb to change the display. Annoying and awkward. But any lefty will be MORE than familiar with making the adjustment.

2. The electronics can't be removed from the band. If the band breaks, I have to get a whole new Charge. $150 just to replace the band?? I'm hoping Fitbit has a better fix for this if/when it happens to me.

3. You still can't get it wet. Fitbit says it can withstand short periods of moisture, but showering and swimming in it is out of the question. Oh, and they say to wipe off the moisture after a sweaty workout. But I think most people would probably do this anyway, and not just to protect the Fitbit.

4. It's kind of tricky to plug into the charger. This plug-in is behind the display (the part that rests against your wrist), right below this constantly strobing green light that is somehow taking your heartbeat. So if you can't plug it in just right, and have to look at where it plugs in, you get temporarily blinded by the flashing light. Fitbit swears it's not going to damage my vision, but I remain unconvinced.

And now I'm off to watch more Walking Dead...
Old 02-14-2015, 05:54 PM   #2309
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanks for the assessment! The Charger sounds like something I might actually like. I don't use apps so I'm looking for something that will give me the information on the unit itself and I like that it doesn't require you to log sleep on/sleep off. I'll keep an eye out for the band and see which fits better. I have a child-sized wrist so the small might actually work for me.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2015, 01:17 PM   #2310
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I had about 40-45 minutes of shoveling so far today, as well and picking up the house. If you saw my home, you'd know that counts! lol

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2015, 08:53 PM   #2311
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Saturday (Valentine's Work out):
1 hour treadmill, 4mph, uphill incline- decreasing by 3 every 15 minutes from 12.
30 min stairmaster, intervals
1 hour combined floor stuff: weight lifting, abs, leg weights, yoga

Sunday (post-Valentine's Work out):
Same hour on the treadmill as yesterday
15 min. stairmaster, intervals
15 min. upright bicycle, Random Program, Level 10
Same 1 hr floor workout as yesterday

I've been in to watching horror movies on my i-pad (Netflix). It kind of goes with the movie to be panting and moving fast! I watched Rosemary's Baby and Amityville. I also watched Cable Guy, not a horror but a stalker comedy with Jim Carey is close enough. I love Jim Carey's old comedies.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping

Last edited by nycfem; 02-15-2015 at 08:55 PM.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2015, 01:24 AM   #2312
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

No Gym for me this weekends one I had the kiddo and second the pain I had on Saturday morning. But I did get over my steps goal both days and the Kiddo and I did the WII fit. Well and I did my squats in the basement but with a lower weight. Today I did my squats and some overhead lifts here at home shoveled snow for 45 minuets and used the snow blower on the rest. At work tonight I went to the indoor track to get my steps in and I also was able to jog half of the track HUGE improvement for me did that 3 times walked half then jogged half. After I had hit my goal of 10000 I wanted to see just how far I could jog with out stopping so I tried and made it almost 2/3 around all that with the 25 pounds of equipment on my duty belt and in boots I ended the day with over 13000 steps total not to shabby.

I have the Garmin ViVo Fit I like that it also had the watch feature on it doesn't measure heart rate but for me it works well..
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2015, 04:31 PM   #2313
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

1 hour treadmill- same routine as usual on the treadmill, 4mph with a gradually decreasing uphill incline every fifteen minutes from 12 to 3.
15 min. upright bicycle, random program, level 10
15 min. core work on floor and weight lifting

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2015, 05:47 PM   #2314
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

I need to get back to the gym. This last week or so has been bad with work and everything. Today my only exercise was the little bit of walking I did around the office and my normal calisthenics (push ups, sit ups, etc.) this morning.
randrum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to randrum For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2015, 08:11 PM   #2315
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

It snowed all day, so you know what my exercise routine was.

I'm starting to develop a burning knot on the right side of my mid-back on days that I do moderate to excessive shoveling. I'm trying to adjust my form but I am strictly right-handed. Attempts to switch to the left for balancing purposes are short lived and mediocre at best.

If someone could run me over with a steamroller and straighten me out like fresh pasta, it might help.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2015, 08:36 PM   #2316
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

Still having to take it easy but I still was able to get my steps goal in and did some light lifting. I hope to go out hiking tomorrow perhaps Niagara Falls
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2015, 08:41 PM   #2317
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

More time for the gym this week because it is a school break

Today: 1 hr stairmaster, intervals, while watching "Friday the 13th" on Netflix

1 hour of floor exercises: weight lifting, leg weights, ab exercises, stretching

How do I... ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2015, 09:55 PM   #2318
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

snow shoveling twice 600 cal each time iz starving face
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2015, 10:06 AM   #2319
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

Did arms and legs last night at the gym. It wasn't a long workout but it was a good workout that left my muscles feeling it.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2015, 12:27 PM   #2320
goodlilfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
beautiful , gorgeous, breathtaking
Relationship Status:
running through somebody's mind and my legs are not exhausted in fact they're stronger then ever

goodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputation

i love exercise, walking makes me feel good
goodlilfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to goodlilfemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights