Old 02-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #21
I'mOneToo

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
left of right
Relationship Status:
right of left

I'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST Reputation

I keep writing this and then deleting it. But I gotta say, after all...

I think the ethnicity of the perpetrator is not an issue.

Tim McVeigh was an American, and a terrorist.

I think I have been trained (by American media especially) to think of terrorism as being acts perpetrated by 'foreigners'.

Websters defines terrorism as:

"the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes."

This probably qualifies. And it is, bullshit. He could have written his letters and website and crawled in a hole and blown himself up with a grenade. But he chose to take as many as possible with him.

p.s. not picking on anyone's thoughts of the ethnicity of 'usual' terrorists.
I'mOneToo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to I'mOneToo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2010, 03:51 PM   #22
dreadgeek
Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Cinnamon spiced, caramel colored, power-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful horse girl

Thanked 6,848 Times in 1,493 Posts
dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

At present the full text is available at Huffington Post.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0...39.html?page=2

I would argue that had this man been brown skinned and named Hassan, holding every other variable constant including his suicide note, this would be played in the media as a terrorist attack (even though, strictly speaking, it is not in that although he had political grievances, his act was not meant to influence the political process).

Cheers
Aj

"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. They found that The People tended not to be grateful or appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so, the children of the revolution were faced with the age-old problem: it wasn’t that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people. As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn’t measure up." (Terry Pratchett)
dreadgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dreadgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2010, 03:58 PM   #23
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Evidently, there is a huge rant (manifesto~6 pages long) on Facebook about tax code, his (Joe Stack) treatment by attorneys and CPAs. It's rambling, the reporter is saying.

www.kxan.com

They have it on their website. This is our NBC Austin affiliate.

Wow.....it was signed: Joe Stack (1956-2010) 02/18/2010

That was eerie.

Why can't people get it though their heads....pay your taxes. You cannot out run or out smart the IRS. That's why we have the saying...death and taxes! It just annoys me that people bring this on themselves and then blame everyone else and victimize innocent people. Its just another person who can't take responsibility for their own choices.

Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #24
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

I have mixed feelings regarding the concerns of posting the manifesto of Richard Andrew Stack. I suspect there is a file on many of us here somewhere in the Belly of the Beast, aka Government.

Are you are a person that may have participated in "radical social change" in the past 30 years or so? I bet your name can be found somewhere and you are held suspect. Did you ever attend a peaceful meeting about anything do with the human rights of being LGBTQI?

I am not an anarchist but I do not delude myself in believing if we play by the rules the FBI or any other government entity will not view me or others like me with a modicum of distrust and suspicion. Why? Because we dare to live differently and not hang our heads in shame about it.

I do not condone what this guy did. It is flat out wrong to take the lives of other living beings. However, I am bemused that the FBI is removing Stack's rant from public review.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #25
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I concur. But I'm waiting for the Admins to chime in on this. If the FBI took it down and then made the TV Station take it down. I'm not comfortable drawing the wrong kind of attention to this site. I think if you want to post it on your own blog, then you make your own personal decision to expose yourself to whatever. </end Mod Thoughts>

Tim McVeigh = Terrorist. </end June's opinion>

I hear what you are saying, June. But my first thought was that it is a shame we are afraid of out own government.

Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:02 PM   #26
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post

I do not condone what this guy did. It is flat out wrong to take the lives of other living beings. However, I am bemused that the FBI is removing Stack's rant from public review.

Actually, that's normal. It's considered evidence in an ongoing investigation. Until the investigation is closed and everything verified, they will likely clamp down on publication of stuff (it also is for protection of his family as well).

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #27
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufusboi View Post
I hear what you are saying, June. But my first thought was that it is a shame we are afraid of out own government.

Rufus
If the gov't came to you with a warrant and said that you had to remove it, is it being afraid or being respectful of the law? I suspect that NBC got that (and I wouldn't be surprised if Huff gets it too).

Old 02-18-2010, 04:09 PM   #28
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Actually, that's normal. It's considered evidence in an ongoing investigation. Until the investigation is closed and everything verified, they will likely clamp down on publication of stuff (it also is for protection of his family as well).
Linus, yes, it is considered to be "normal" procedure but I do not believe that every action an entity of authority takes is necessary. Please do not take my post as a offense about you or your analysis. I have a great deal of respect for your ability.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:11 PM   #29
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Linus, yes, it is considered to be "normal" procedure but I do not believe that every action an entity of authority takes is necessary. Please do not take my post as a offense about you or your analysis. I have a great deal of respect for your ability.
Oh no. I wouldn't take offense to a valid opinion or point of view. It is valid. When one looks at it, he's dead. It's not like they can prosecute him and there's nothing -- really -- in the note that might potentially do something bad or harm.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:26 PM   #30
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufusboi View Post
Why can't people get it though their heads....pay your taxes. You cannot out run or out smart the IRS. That's why we have the saying...death and taxes! It just annoys me that people bring this on themselves and then blame everyone else and victimize innocent people. Its just another person who can't take responsibility for their own choices.

Rufus

Indeed. And the sad thing is, his wife and daughter are left to deal with this mess he has created.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2010, 04:33 PM   #31
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

There was a brief statement made by our [not so] illustrious governor.....and maybe I didn't hear correctly, but it ALmost sounded as though he WANTED it to be a terrorist......he was making statements that blew things out of proportion SO much, I wanted to scream "Go listen to your news, man!".

Old 02-18-2010, 04:37 PM   #32
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
There was a brief statement made by our [not so] illustrious governor.....and maybe I didn't hear correctly, but it ALmost sounded as though he WANTED it to be a terrorist......he was making statements that blew things out of proportion SO much, I wanted to scream "Go listen to your news, man!".

It's interesting because I didn't want it to be one.

I think, however, your Governor wants a reason to point fingers and be able to enforce that "I told you so.."

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2010, 04:39 PM   #33
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
It's interesting because I didn't want it to be one.

I think, however, your Governor wants a reason to point fingers and be able to enforce that "I told you so.."

Exactly. .............
Old 02-18-2010, 04:46 PM   #34
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,524 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

The entire thing is a tragedy.
Innocent lives have been lost.
I am saddened by all this.
Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:50 PM   #35
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

It is my understanding that he burned down his own home before heading to the airport. Probably had a tax lien on it. What a tragedy.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:01 PM   #36
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
It is my understanding that he burned down his own home before heading to the airport. Probably had a tax lien on it. What a tragedy.

This is true..
Old 02-18-2010, 06:03 PM   #37
~Bo

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 1,680 Times in 742 Posts
~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation

I think he was the only one killed. No one else has died but the fucktard. Yay!
~Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #38
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

OK, someone please tell me that none of our Austin members were hurt in this? Actually, I don't want anyone hurt, but, Bo's fucktard statement makes a lot of sense to me.... so tired of these kinds of stories.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:26 PM   #39
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I have mixed feelings regarding the concerns of posting the manifesto of Richard Andrew Stack. I suspect there is a file on many of us here somewhere in the Belly of the Beast, aka Government.

Are you are a person that may have participated in "radical social change" in the past 30 years or so? I bet your name can be found somewhere and you are held suspect. Did you ever attend a peaceful meeting about anything do with the human rights of being LGBTQI?

I am not an anarchist but I do not delude myself in believing if we play by the rules the FBI or any other government entity will not view me or others like me with a modicum of distrust and suspicion. Why? Because we dare to live differently and not hang our heads in shame about it.

Reminds me of knowing I have more than one FBI file.... The third was started due to my seeing a woman divorcing a man that was being considered for a Special Agent post! I wondered who the hell those people lurking around were..... The second was after being arrested in an anti-Vietnam War protest. The first was for attendance at a Chavez rally. LOL.. what is really funny is that I got to read the files because of my partner's husband getting that FBI job!!!

Yup, one can end up having a file in quite a few instances. No, I don't condone this man's actions at all.

Remember Tricky Dicky?
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:33 PM   #40
~Bo

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 1,680 Times in 742 Posts
~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation

Diva...........was this anywhere near your place?
~Bo is offline   Reply With Quote