Old 02-18-2010, 06:36 PM   #41
Goofy

How Do You Identify?:
Cheesecake Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
I'm blushing

Goofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Bo View Post
Diva...........was this anywhere near your place?
Bo, it's about 15 miles or so north of Diva's
Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:39 PM   #42
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation
Default Lastest

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/l...he-plane-crash

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/t...t-the-building
Old 02-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #43
I'mOneToo

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
left of right
Relationship Status:
right of left

I'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST Reputation

If this was so easy, for a private pilot to do something like this, how long will it be before a real terrorist cell figures that out? It's like we give them a road map.

CNN has just reported that it's being termed an "act of rage" and not terrorism. Not sure if that is true or not, just that they have said it now. Also, that they have found a body inside the building. It's not clear to me if they have finished going through the building. So many people in there, and while work hours were in the full throes. Hope there are no more found inside.
I'mOneToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:13 PM   #44
~Bo

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 1,680 Times in 742 Posts
~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
Bo, it's about 15 miles or so north of Diva's

Thanks, bro. Man....this bullshit is getting a lil too close.
~Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:23 PM   #45
Goofy

How Do You Identify?:
Cheesecake Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
I'm blushing

Goofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST Reputation

They haven't finished going through the building. The area around the impact site is unstable according to the local news about 15 minutes ago.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #46
Goofy

How Do You Identify?:
Cheesecake Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
I'm blushing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Bo View Post
Thanks, bro. Man....this bullshit is getting a lil too close.
Tell me about it...
The Following User Says Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2010, 07:36 PM   #47
socialjustice_fsu

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
It’s all good.

Location: The gulf waters are sapphire blue and the beach sand is white as snow.
Thanked 2,158 Times in 439 Posts
socialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputation

Has anyone heard from "WickedPassion" (Mitch)...the last I heard hy was still in Austin and was a fire-fighter, EMT?? I don't think he has jumped over to the BFP yet. Probably still looking for a woman that's not bat-shit crazy. I know he is a first responder.
If anyone hears from hym...would you post it please?
And, yes ~Bo, this bullshit is getting way too close.
socialjustice_fsu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to socialjustice_fsu For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2010, 07:39 PM   #48
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I'm watching the news right now.....

Fire is still going on.
The guy they think did this had a beef with the IRS (and they are housed in this building; and have approx 199 employees).
Also, earlier today, neighbors rescued this guy's wife and daughter from their burning house.

Last night, Mr. Steck evidently went balistic because he was having severe IRS issues, and Mrs. Steck took the daughter to a hotel, came back this morning and then the house caught fire.

Mr. Steck is the registered owner of the plane which crashed into the bldg, according to the FAA.

The IRS offices in question are the ones someone might visit when one is trying to work out tax problems with the IRS.

Plane was ~ according to witnesses ~ going full throttle when it hit the bldg. with about 92 gallons of fuel on board, hence the fireball.

There are 2 in the bldg taken to hospitals and 1 unaccounted for, which is a wonderment to me that there aren't MORE as it was at the beginning of the work day when the building would have been heavily occupied.

That's all I have for now.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
It is my understanding that he burned down his own home before heading to the airport. Probably had a tax lien on it. What a tragedy.
So....and please forgive me as I have not read every link about this...so, what I am hearing is that a man has an issue with taxes, the IRS, etc and he decides he's going to do something about it. He's going to set his home on fire and go slam himself and his small engine plane into the IRS building, hoping to hurt the IRS like he feels like he's been hurt. And he does. He sets his home on fire, with his WIFE and DAUGHTER inside???? Did he not know they were there? Please tell me that I am misinterpreting the situation.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:48 PM   #49
Goofy

How Do You Identify?:
Cheesecake Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
I'm blushing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
So....and please forgive me as I have not read every link about this...so, what I am hearing is that a man has an issue with taxes, the IRS, etc and he decides he's going to do something about it. He's going to set his home on fire and go slam himself and his small engine plane into the IRS building, hoping to hurt the IRS like he feels like he's been hurt. And he does. He sets his home on fire, with his WIFE and DAUGHTER inside???? Did he not know they were there? Please tell me that I am misinterpreting the situation.
I think they're still sorting details. I've heard (at least) 2 different stories regarding the house fire...the 1st is that he set fire to the home knowing his wife and daughter were inside. The 2nd was that he took his daughter to a hotel around 2am (there was no mention of his wife with this scenario). The local news had just started reporting on the house fire when the plane hit the Echelon building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialjustice_fsu View Post

Has anyone heard from "WickedPassion" (Mitch)...the last I heard hy was still in Austin and was a fire-fighter, EMT?? I don't think he has jumped over to the BFP yet. Probably still looking for a woman that's not bat-shit crazy. I know he is a first responder.
If anyone hears from hym...would you post it please?
And, yes ~Bo, this bullshit is getting way too close.
I haven't heard from Mitch, but from what I understand, no fire fighters, EMTs or police officers have been reported as injured. But I'll let you know if I hear anything.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2010, 08:42 PM   #50
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
If the gov't came to you with a warrant and said that you had to remove it, is it being afraid or being respectful of the law? I suspect that NBC got that (and I wouldn't be surprised if Huff gets it too).
I was referring to people being afraid on this site of posting something copied from the web. It was just a thought....

R
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:58 PM   #51
wolfwalker

How Do You Identify?:
human

wolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to behold

I have read his rant as some have called it. I have read what is being said here. I hope that you never have a run in with the IRS or another govt. agency. I, as a self employed contractor can understand what he is saying completely.

I truly hope no one else dies as a result' but this man is a brave american who has fought to be heard by a govt. that does not listen to or care about its people. His act was againist a govt. completely out of control and run by big business. greed is what it is all about. if you get in the way. tough, they will roll over you with a steamroller.

you have the right and are implored by the constitution, to rise up against a govt. out of control and this govt. is certainly that.

I wonder what some of you would have said back in 1776. when brave americans rose up against taxation without representation? would you have considered them brave americans or terrorists?

govt. works for the people when they fear the people. this govt. knows that most americans are sheep. that is evident by some remarks here. But they fear the wolves who will stand and fight. hence the FBI trying to shut down his posting.

It is another sad day in a long history of govt. gone bad.

love my country but i fear its govt.

wolfwalker
wolfwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:18 PM   #52
Goofy

How Do You Identify?:
Cheesecake Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
I'm blushing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwalker View Post
I have read his rant as some have called it. I have read what is being said here. I hope that you never have a run in with the IRS or another govt. agency. I, as a self employed contractor can understand what he is saying completely.

I truly hope no one else dies as a result' but this man is a brave american who has fought to be heard by a govt. that does not listen to or care about its people. His act was againist a govt. completely out of control and run by big business. greed is what it is all about. if you get in the way. tough, they will roll over you with a steamroller.

you have the right and are implored by the constitution, to rise up against a govt. out of control and this govt. is certainly that.

I wonder what some of you would have said back in 1776. when brave americans rose up against taxation without representation? would you have considered them brave americans or terrorists?

govt. works for the people when they fear the people. this govt. knows that most americans are sheep. that is evident by some remarks here. But they fear the wolves who will stand and fight. hence the FBI trying to shut down his posting.

wolfwalker
A "brave American"? Really? I'm sorry, but I see him as a coward at the very least. He posted a "rant" on a website, lit his house on fire (possibly with his family inside)and flew a plane into a building. There are many different and better ways to fight. He endangered the lives of countless people and for what? To be heard? Well now no one can hear him, since he was most assuredly killed with this incident.

I can't find all of my words right now as this has me SO pissed off, but perhaps I will be back when I find them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #53
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

wolfwalker
You're kidding, right? HE SET HIS FAMILY'S HOUSE ON FIRE. He committed an act of terrorism against office people who HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM.

Don't even compare it to 1776. They rose up against the British SOLDIERS, not their own families. I doubt anyone in that building was packing heat this morning in case a PLANE CRASHED INTO THE BUILDING. I doubt his family was packed and ready to go in case Dad got a yen to burn the place down to "prove his point to the IRS."

And then he killed himself and left his family to deal with his mess.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blush For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2010, 09:38 PM   #54
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Diavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

wolfwalker
Brave? Not so much.
premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents;
By definition this guy was a domestic homegrown terrorist. No different than McVeigh. His purpose was political, premeditated and he his targets were noncombatant. Call it what it is. The workers who went to work this morning trying to feed their own families were innocent victims. Not tools in some great master plan. Sometimes terrorism is a crime. This was a crime which is why the FBI is involved. McVeigh committed a crime. The underwear dude committed a crime.

A wise friend once said that the insanity defense required the inability to distinguish the consequence of actions. Or the authorship of a manifesto. Word.

I am a sole proprietor and the Feds do get up my ass from time to time. And I work it out like an adult. I'd rather cross swords with the IRS than have the asshats at Chase or American Express darken my doorway every single time.
Diavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Diavolo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2010, 09:45 PM   #55
Goofy

How Do You Identify?:
Cheesecake Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
I'm blushing

And another thing...this guy owned his own plane for crying out loud! If he was so destitute to the masses and "fighting against the government" then why not SELL THE FRIGGIN PLANE to, at the very least, off set some of his tax liability?
Old 02-18-2010, 10:13 PM   #56
~Bo

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 1,680 Times in 742 Posts
~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

wolfwalker

Are you kidding me!!! Goofy is right. This is the MOST cowardice act someone can do. I can only hope and pray that the only life he took was his own pathetic one.
~Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:52 PM   #57
Goofy

How Do You Identify?:
Cheesecake Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
I'm blushing

My head is seriously ready to explode.

I can not honestly see how ANYONE would think that this guy was courageous. As far as I am concerned, he took the easy way out. He carried out a very heinous, very public and very calculated suicide, nothing more. If he truly wanted to “fight” against the government, there are so many better, and more effective ways to go about it.

It was fortunate that he did not harm more people. That building housed far many more than the 200 or so the IRS employed. He may have “targeted the government”, but what he actually did was target a group of people holding down jobs in a shitty economy to feed their families.

His business lost it’s California license no less than 3 different times for non payment of taxes, or not filing them at all. By his own admission, he got together with friends to figure out ways to get around paying/filing his taxes. He took a gamble and he lost.

So, instead of standing up and working out a way to pay what he owed, he folded. He set his house (in a very nice suburb of Austin) on fire, drove his car to the municipal airport, got in HIS PRIVATE PLANE and flew it into a building full of people trying to make ends meet and take care of their responsibilities.

Yeah, that’s going to have a HUGE effect on the way the IRS does business.

Maybe now there will be further restrictions on who can own/operate private planes. I’m SURE that was the intent. <insert sarcasm and eye roll here>

Now his family has to deal with the fall out. How unfortunate for them, truly.

And please don’t throw the “fighting the government” rhetoric at me. I am proud to have been a US Army Soldier that fought for my country. And now I am a US Army Veteran fighting for my rights, and those of others, against the system.

We’re not perfect, and never will be. We are human. But there are far better ways of dealing with injustice, perceived or not, than flying a plane into a building of unarmed and unsuspecting people.

I guess I found my words.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:53 PM   #58
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Here is what I have been hearing (pretty consistently) throughout the day....

*Mr. Stack had evidently had 'issues' with the IRS since he was a young adult. (He died today at the age of 53.)

*Mr. Stack had planned this act for a while, as is evident by the rant he posted.

*Mr. Stack was flying VFR, meaning he did not need to file a flight plan, which would be necessary for poor visual conditions. He waited for a sunny, clear day.

*The building in question houses a branch of the IRS which deals with folks like Mr. Stack who was not paying his taxes. When it gets past the point where they garnish one's wages or puts a lien on bank accounts, then one visits the IRS in this building. Mr. Stack knew this building.

*Last night, Mr. Stack "went balistic" and Mrs. Stack checked herself (and her daughter, Mr. Stack's step~daughter) into a hotel. When they came back to the house, the story I'm hearing consistently is that when they drove up, they saw the house was on fire, saying, "That's my house! That's my house!" at which point some neighbors took the two to their home.

*Mr. Stack flew so low his wing clipped the windshield of a Lexus just before he crashed into the lower 2 floors of the Echelon Building at Mopac and Hwy 183. The plane was banking, wings nearly perpendicular to the ground and a retaining wall outside the building broke some of the impact.

*The people inside the building got out pretty quickly, some hollering, "Follow my voice!" as the building was dark and smoke~filled.

*There was a fatality within the building, a man by the name of Hunter (not sure if that's his first of last name). He and his wife both work in that building. They live in Cedar Park, NW of Austin (home of Puplove and Oiler).

*Mr. Stack, they are assuming, is dead, too. And because of the instability of the situation, his body is still in the plane.

All of that being said, no matter WHAT kind of government we have (or DON'T have), this was NOT the act of a "brave", courageous, strong, sane man. And that's all I have to say to address such a ridiculous notion.

I hurt now for his wife and step~child, who will, no doubt, feel the shame of his acts of irresponsibility. I also hurt for the man's family who went to work like any other day, doing his job, unsuspecting he would be killed by a lunatic with a pilot's license.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2010, 11:58 PM   #59
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

PS Bo....nope...not close to me.....I'm in SE Austin...this happened in NW Austin.

It was closer to blush.

And whoever asked about WP, I've not heard from that guy in quite some time.....I'm pretty sure he has fallen off the face of the earth......
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 03:26 AM   #60
IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
In a relationship/non-monogamous

Thanked 1,209 Times in 366 Posts
IrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

As an aside. I wonder if this guy was an active voter. I mean..if we REALLY want CHANGE? Get off your lazy ass and VOTE people!!!

Do you know what a low percentage of our country actually votes?? It's insane..

If you dont vote...dont BITCH!!

Irish
IrishGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote