nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,475 Times in 744 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation
Question

I was looking out the window today at the birds and squirrels in my yard. The birds were like a box of crayolas with wings. There are blue jays, goldfinch, red headed woodpeckers, starlings, catbirds, morning doves, orioles, cardinals and I saw my first rose breasted grosbeak of the year. The squirrels are out there running around and looking for the peanuts the jays haven't found. What really caught my attention was when I say a squirrel pick up a piece of outer leaf bok choy I had thrown out there and started eating it. ???!!!!! Of course I had to look it up and little did I know that after reading a North American Nature article they actually like and "prefer bok choy, broccoli, arugula, red or green cabbage, chayote, cauliflower, purslane, watercress, and mushrooms." Who knew?! Now I know where all my outer leaves will go and make a squirrel happy to boot.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 06:33 AM   #22282
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,163 Times in 3,021 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
I was looking out the window today at the birds and squirrels in my yard. The birds were like a box of crayolas with wings. There are blue jays, goldfinch, red headed woodpeckers, starlings, catbirds, morning doves, orioles, cardinals and I saw my first rose breasted grosbeak of the year. The squirrels are out there running around and looking for the peanuts the jays haven't found. What really caught my attention was when I say a squirrel pick up a piece of outer leaf bok choy I had thrown out there and started eating it. ???!!!!! Of course I had to look it up and little did I know that after reading a North American Nature article they actually like and "prefer bok choy, broccoli, arugula, red or green cabbage, chayote, cauliflower, purslane, watercress, and mushrooms." Who knew?! Now I know where all my outer leaves will go and make a squirrel happy to boot.

Well learn something new! I used to have a resident groundhog, named Manuel, who loved broccoli stems best of all.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
randomly, randomly post, stuff