Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 07-31-2013, 03:47 PM   #241
Daktari

*mutters about missing words outta posts*

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2013, 08:57 PM   #242
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan View Post

Orange is the New black!

I have watched 4 episodes and I am pacing myself, unlike when I watched all the episodes of The Newsroomn in one sitting.

I think it is a great show, I am having a great time watching it.
Yes!

i admit that the first 15 minutes i was not impressed then suddenly i was hooked and enjoyed a Sunday of watching the whole season!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #243
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

recent series' we've been watching:
Call The Midwife
MI-5
Copper
Fringe

All great programming, but now I am stuck trying to find the final season of Fringe... grrrrr
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #244
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
recent series' we've been watching:
Call The Midwife
MI-5
Copper
Fringe

All great programming, but now I am stuck trying to find the final season of Fringe... grrrrr
Final season is super awesome! I found them all on projectfreetv
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #245
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Warehouse 13
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2013, 02:43 AM   #246
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
Final season is super awesome! I found them all on projectfreetv
MAHALO!!!!!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #247
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

So - anyone else watching this other Netflix show, Hemlock Grove? I read an article that said you may not see it pop up in your suggestions because it is geared toward teen horror fans, but since I watch a lot of horrors, thrillers, mysteries, etc, it kept popping up as a suggestion, so I said wth. I just started it today and am on episode 3 of 13 - it's been renewed for a second season, due out in 2014.

It is set in a fictional town in PA and is kind of slow and steady in its pace - like The Killing, but it has werewolves, gypsies, and a dude who can do Jedi mind tricks on people - but in a creepy way, not in a funny Star Wars way. lol

It is also a murder mystery since *something* keeps killing young women and they are trying to find out who - so it's kind of a The Killing meets Twilight meets Harper's Island kind of show.

Oh - and Eli Roth is the exec producer and also directs at least one episode (the first one).

Here's a trailer:

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #248
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Re: Hemlock Grove

I didnt see that ending coming.

And I revise my earlier statement - the last few episodes reminded me more of American Horror Story than anything else.
The Following User Says Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #249
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

PoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST Reputation

It took a long time for me to get through all of the Law and Order series and spinoffs. So, how I'm on to Buffy the Vampire Slayer before I get to the spinoffs with Angel and Willow.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #250
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

The Collection is a good horror film with lots of gore.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #251
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeticSilence View Post
It took a long time for me to get through all of the Law and Order series and spinoffs. So, how I'm on to Buffy the Vampire Slayer before I get to the spinoffs with Angel and Willow.
Been working m'way through The Buffster for a wee while now. I had no idea there was a Willow spin-off. Ta for the tip.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #252
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Default Season 1 in 5 minutes

Someone posted this OITNB video on FB today and I just had to share it - it's NSFW though, so be advised.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #253
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Watched a few old movies from Netflix's "Classic Movies" section this past week - a couple of Cary Grant flicks: People Will Talk (1951) and I Was A Male War Bride (1949) and a really good court room drama/mystery(/thriller?) called Hostile Witness (1968).

People Will Talk is where he is a doctor and professor and he meets a single pregnant woman, later falling in love with her. He is also dealing with a little man who is also a prof and who is trying to dig dirt up on him. It's a cute flick with some drama and some humor and Cary is, of course, charming as usual.

I Was a Male War Bride has an incorrect synopsis on Netflix because what Netflix says it is about really only happens in like, the last 10 minutes or so. lol
"Capt. Rochard is a French officer who marries an American female lieutenant, Catherine. All is blissful until Rochard tries to accompany his wife back to the States. Now, Rochard must impersonate a woman in order to join his new bride."
Really, it is a cute comedy where he is on his last mission for the French Army and she is a LT in the US Army and is accompanying him. They have been on missions before and presumably hate each other, but it's pretty clear they really argue because they like each other so much. Anyway, hijinks ensue on the mission, they fall in love, get married and then more hijinks ensue when they try to get back to the states. It's a cute little romantic comedy.

Hostile Witness kinda surprised me. I am not sure why I wasnt sure if I would like it - probably because the Netflix synopsis sounded a little confusing to me, the way it was worded. But never mind that - this was a really good movie that kept me guessing until the end - did he break and do it or was he framed? It was a little Perry Mason and a little Law & Order.

I recommend all 3 flicks - especially if you like the older movies.
The Following User Says Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #254
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post

The third series of Luther has just finished on the Beeb. All three seasons are awesome! Idris Elba is a fantastic actor. |
I put this in my queue when you first mentioned this and just finished the first two episodes. First rate! Really like the actor and the character.

Thanks for another good one.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2013, 04:32 AM   #255
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Tragic Story

"In Her Skin"

WOW, this movie was toe curling from beginning to end!
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #256
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
So - anyone else watching this other Netflix show, Hemlock Grove? I read an article that said you may not see it pop up in your suggestions because it is geared toward teen horror fans, but since I watch a lot of horrors, thrillers, mysteries, etc, it kept popping up as a suggestion, so I said wth. I just started it today and am on episode 3 of 13 - it's been renewed for a second season, due out in 2014.

It is set in a fictional town in PA and is kind of slow and steady in its pace - like The Killing, but it has werewolves, gypsies, and a dude who can do Jedi mind tricks on people - but in a creepy way, not in a funny Star Wars way. lol

It is also a murder mystery since *something* keeps killing young women and they are trying to find out who - so it's kind of a The Killing meets Twilight meets Harper's Island kind of show.

Oh - and Eli Roth is the exec producer and also directs at least one episode (the first one).

Here's a trailer:

I tried to watch this one, but it got on my nerves pretty quickly, but I persevered through three episodes, and still didn't like it. I am finding that as I get older, when there is too much gratuitous sex, I quickly lose interest. Some is okay, but when it seems to be every other scene has sexual motives, I don't feel like it is engaging my mind enough.

So, I started watching Alphas, which I have found a little more entertaining.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #257
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
I tried to watch this one, but it got on my nerves pretty quickly, but I persevered through three episodes, and still didn't like it. I am finding that as I get older, when there is too much gratuitous sex, I quickly lose interest. Some is okay, but when it seems to be every other scene has sexual motives, I don't feel like it is engaging my mind enough.

So, I started watching Alphas, which I have found a little more entertaining.
I am finding the same for myself although I think I would take it a step further and say too much gratuitous 'anything'; sex, gore, way over the top violence, repetitive gross-out, ridiculous overuse of profanities, etc. I am far from a prude, and believe that within context, any of these in proportion can have impact relevant to a given plot.

I am noticing that without a fairly substantial cerebral hook things just don't hold interest anymore. Allowing that each person is going to like different things, there seems to be more and more out there that I can't figure out how anyone could like it.

Just my .02
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2013, 11:10 PM   #258
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

I've watched an episode of Orange is the New Black, another Netflix original. It seems pretty good, but I'll have to get through a few episodes before I can really decide if I like it.

Lots of nudity, and a lot of sex scenes (but short ones, and they don't seem like soft porn, so it's tolerable, so far)...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #259
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
I've watched an episode of Orange is the New Black, another Netflix original. It seems pretty good, but I'll have to get through a few episodes before I can really decide if I like it.

Lots of nudity, and a lot of sex scenes (but short ones, and they don't seem like soft porn, so it's tolerable, so far)...
Okay, 5 episodes in, and I really like it. Now I am in the know about the "I threw my pie for you"...Funny!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #260
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

We just started sharing a Netflix account. Right now we do not have a box to watch it on the TV. What boxes do you like? We do not want to play video games. Do you need a box for each TV?