Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Careers, Work, Business

Old 03-27-2010, 05:45 PM   #41
nytangel

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
in a committed relationship

nytangel will become famous soon enough

I have the pleasure of working for a mid-sized dot com. Its really nice not to have to dress any particular way to go to work every day. I'm thankful for an environment that is friendly to any and all lifestyles.
nytangel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nytangel For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2010, 07:53 PM   #42
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I work in hospitality and am thankful that I can pretty much work anywhere in this field. The down side is that I am not certain I want to work in this particular field any longer. I miss office environments and a part of me is beginning to get really annoying with the tiny voice in my head screeching that I should go back to school.

But for now, hospitality is it for me.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2010, 12:31 PM   #43
Cuddlebug

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Re-learning who I am

Cuddlebug will become famous soon enough
Default Working with my hands

I was a nurse, an LVN and making ok money. I went to school and LOVED my job, until I was hurt. Repetitive movement injury and that was all she wrote. I was unemployed and in workers comp.. for 3 yrs.

I went back to school and began to learn Sign Language. In 2008 I graduated and became an American Sign Language Interpreter! I am a Sign language Interpreter and .. I love my job!
I get to work with people and.... I get paid to talk! It is a femme's dream. I am blessed to have a job I love, and get paid decently well to do it.

I have also taken surveys to make a little extra.
Cuddles
Cuddlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cuddlebug For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2010, 12:55 PM   #44
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

I comprehend the meaning of a text and produce the subsequent of an equivalent text, that communicates the same message, in another language.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2010, 05:23 PM   #45
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I own a window cleaning business. I clean residential and commercial windows. It's great working for myself, meeting lots of people, and the money is surprisingly good. Cleaning windows is one of those things that most everyone hates to do, but when you know the tricks of the trade so to speak, it's not bad.

Jesse
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #46
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,524 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

I set up non profits.
Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2010, 05:32 PM   #47
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

Nolthing. Since retirement (after 50 plus years of working), Uncle Sam and my 2 pensions are taking care of me very fairly decently, thank you. I took enough crap for all those year to warrent a hell of a lot more money then I am getting now. But, thankfully, it is enough for me to survive on, thank you very much.

The is an organ of fire.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2010, 06:15 PM   #48
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I've been working since I was 15, with 2 breaks of 4 months each over a span of 33 years...first in the hospitality industry (everything from waitressing, line cook, dishwasher, bartender, restaurant manager, banquet manager at a hotel)...then in non-profits (client services, development) and finally went back to college after 20 years to get an advanced degree.

I ended up with 2, and a new job as a cog in the wheel of corporate America...and couldn't be happier. I work for a great company that is actually out there trying to make a positive difference in people's health and lives, and takes care of their employees while they're making money helping people. What could be better? Maybe the fact that I work from home...so I also get to make a living while being the kind of mom I want to be (the kind who's home when the school bus pulls up to the curb, and can take time out to help with homework, activities or just bake the occasional batch of after-school cookies).

I've worked hard for a long time, and I spent years studying until the wee small hours...but it has paid off for me. I feel very fortunate...and an awful lot like I won the job lottery.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #49
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I am an applications software developer. I have worked at the same job for over six years. Until this year, I was always a contractor but our Bureau Chief scheduled a meeting with all the contractors and said for us to submit our resumes and "be reachable." I saw contractors around me, good friends, get dismissed because of cutbacks so I went for security. We all took a little pay cut to become permanent employees. It is not so bad and right now, the security of stability is comforting. I do not spend so much anymore when I take Kelly, my dog, to pet stores. She gets to select one thing instead of a whole bag of loot. Of course, Kelly has more than she needs now anyway. I adopted her last December from our local Humane Shelter and yes, she is the love of my life.

I am sincerely thankful for my job. And am thankful I enjoy it so much. It is not a burden for me to get up and go into work in the mornings but I sure am glad to get home and see my Kelly. If anyone is interested, I posted her photo in the Galleries. She was a year old when I brought her home last December. Kelly is a mixed pit bull.

Best wishes to everyone - and for those who are struggling.
Brock

P. S. Looks up and waves to JustJo
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2010, 11:28 PM   #50
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

Once upon a time I used to be a Director of Information Technology with the Federal Gov't. Now days I draw my disability and few bucks from a family trust, plus do odd jobs here and there, mostly NOT having to do with technology *chuckling*

Actually I prefer to do things that I enjoy now, which usually have to do with taking care of the elderly or others who require assistance, or animals.

Makes me wonder what the heck I was doing in technology for all those years

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2010, 05:07 AM   #51
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,223 Times in 478 Posts
femmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputation

I am a full time teacher (French/Latin), I teach in after-school programme (Knitting/Weaving), I do translations (English to French), I give private lessons (French/Latin/Italian), I occasionally sell my knitting and my culinary feats (I used to be a chef and make a variety of things for my school Holiday Fair), I collect books and sell a bit online. this summer I plan to open an Etsy store. With all this I do pretty well.
Elle*
femmennoir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to femmennoir For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2010, 04:11 PM   #52
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

I went back to school for certified medical assistant but really want to be a nurse. Probably going to work for a while and then go back at night for BSN in nursing and get registered. But its not fun not having any money except for SS every month which goes like that.
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lipstixgal For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2010, 09:38 AM   #53
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

What haven't I done is probably a better question..

Lol..

I've always been a job gypsy

I generally work in food or as office support staff... Keep my mind or my body busy and I am a happy girl...

Now this means that I have pretty well always been poor.. So, I don't have a lot of expencive habits to cut..

But I'm getting older and I'm tired of starting over... A couple years ago, I thought I found my nitch..(Artisan Bread Maker... loved it, loved it loved it..) But medical problems and a nightmare break up derailed the HELL out of my plans..

So, after three yrs of soul stealing grocery store baking and a phone job, I took four months off... (I am beyond blessed with a partner who wants me happy..)What do I want to be when I grow up?

I took apart all my jobs, and my hobbies, and my life experience and figured out what is the constant in my life...

I'm a junker, a dumpster diver, a thrifter... It's in my blood.. My grandfather had a store, my uncle had a store, my parents have a store...

So I put what I wanted out into the universe...

I'm now an assistant manager at a thrift store..

Lol.. now it may not seem to be much.. Such a lil job... But for me.. It's winning the lottery...

First step to having my own store... Grin...
Old 07-12-2010, 10:35 PM   #54
o222Good

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married

o222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputation

I work a full time job and a part time job. I work from 8am to 10pm on Thursdays and Fridays. Believe me, I am so grateful, especially in this economy. Right now, I'm on a well needed summer break. I was pretty burned out, actually sizzlin, by the Fourth of July! I still have no money, as I'm paying off some heavy debts. If I'm lucky, I have a hundred dollars left over at the end of the month. But what I'm really worried about is when I retire in about 8-10 years. My income will be a third of what it is, and less if Social Security bottoms out. I'm pretty obsessed about it, but still very, very grateful.

- Kooch
o222Good is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to o222Good For This Useful Post:

Tags
business, careers, jobs, work