Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Louisiana Forums

Old 02-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #121
Sapph

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
female
Relationship Status:
Taken

Sapph will become famous soon enough

I'm always up for fishing.

Dumplins just finished up.
Sapph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:12 PM   #122
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapph View Post
I'm always up for fishing.

Dumplins just finished up.
Now if I can just find my way there!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 06:13 PM   #123
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I agree with Cowboi,when are the dumplings gonna b ready???Been eatin my own cooking far to long.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:38 PM   #124
Sapph

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
female
Relationship Status:
Taken

Sapph will become famous soon enough

LOL dont bother. I'm pissed off. my dumplin came out tough. I'll have to remember to not use that recipe next time. Tough dumplins are the worst. Knew I should have called my grandma, but she's gotten lazy in her old age and just uses tortillas now
Sapph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #125
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Ouch,tough dumplings..ok in a pinch I use just plane old cheep caned bisquits from the store..roll em out cut them up and put them in the pot.Now if u want to get serrious this is what I do.After I cook my chicken wich is well seasoned how ever u want to do it...let the broth cool to room temp..take 2 cups self riseing flower...butter as much as u need to get a mix like u were makeing bisquits then add some broth for the liquid insted of milk then roll it out like a pie shell and cut out the dumplins.Doing it this way u get the flavor from the broth in the dumplins.U can use crisco but I like the buttrey flavor better.When u can stick a fork or tooth pick through the dumplins and it feels temder as u want its done.Hope this helps.
Rockin
Old 02-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #126
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hellooooo ...anybody home?????????? Lets bump it up around hear,I know the weather sucks..but I swear I smell spring round the corner....
Old 04-10-2010, 10:31 PM   #127
Lady_Wu

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Queer Stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
M'Lady
Relationship Status:
given up looking *sigh*

Lady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST Reputation
Default re:laissez les bon temps rouler!

I miss Louisiana very much. My grandmama would have died, though, rather than use tortillas for dumplings! We didn't use dumplings very much , though. We used boudain balls, grillades and grits, and a da*m good roux made everything better. (I'd tell the secret ingredient but grandmama would literally come out the grave and kill me. Sorry.*smile*)
I was born in Mississippi-see my thread, please-but spend much time among the Creoles there and in Southern Louisiana. What can you say about a part of the state with it's own motto, where even to RUN for governor you had to be indicted at least once, where the food was the best in the country, and the people the friendliest in the world?
I also spend much time in the grande hotels in New Orleans, my favorite being the Pontchartrain. In my time it was owned by the same family that it had been in for over a hundred years. They treated each guest like royalty, no matter whether you arrived in furs or backpacks (and believe me, you saw both!) I was there once and tried to open my door and the old ORIGINAL bronze key broke off in the lock! I went downstairs, and the maitre came with another old bronze key. It too broke off in the lock! By this time I was having a difficult time to keep from rotflmao. Finally he came with a THIRD old bronze key and this made it! I was very happy to get into my suite and relax! More about their most gracious treatment of me in a different post.
femme2tao:
Old 04-10-2010, 10:45 PM   #128
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
So are you from Louisiana? Live there? Visit there? Have family there? Let's talk!

I'm a Ouachita Parish gal myself but now live in Austin, TX.
Not from there...didn't live there...visited there...drove through there...don't have family that I know of there...but I was born 15 minutes from the Miss-Lou bridge. Does that count for something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme2tao4 View Post
I miss Louisiana very much. My grandmama would have died, though, rather than use tortillas for dumplings! We didn't use dumplings very much , though. We used boudain balls, grillades and grits, and a da*m good roux made everything better. (I'd tell the secret ingredient but grandmama would literally come out the grave and kill me. Sorry.*smile*)
I was born in Mississippi-see my thread, please-but spend much time among the Creoles there and in Southern Louisiana. What can you say about a part of the state with it's own motto, where even to RUN for governor you had to be indicted at least once, where the food was the best in the country, and the people the friendliest in the world?
I also spend much time in the grande hotels in New Orleans, my favorite being the Pontchartrain. In my time it was owned by the same family that it had been in for over a hundred years. They treated each guest like royalty, no matter whether you arrived in furs or backpacks (and believe me, you saw both!) I was there once and tried to open my door and the old ORIGINAL bronze key broke off in the lock! I went downstairs, and the maitre came with another old bronze key. It too broke off in the lock! By this time I was having a difficult time to keep from rotflmao. Finally he came with a THIRD old bronze key and this made it! I was very happy to get into my suite and relax! More about their most gracious treatment of me in a different post.
femme2tao:
Natchez girl here!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:58 AM   #129
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Jazz fest is coming up!!! Anyone going?
Old 04-11-2010, 09:11 AM   #130
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Holla folks,glad to see pl hear.Next weekend is Holliday in Dixie hear in Shreveport.Gonna have a big air show at Barksdale,jazz fest at the down town plaza,a treasute hunt with a grand for the prise if u figure out the clues..no telling what else
Old 04-18-2010, 01:04 PM   #131
VuDu

How Do You Identify?:
Femme with a Wicked Twist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Trouble Maker
Relationship Status:
My heart is my own

VuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST Reputation

Hey y'all. How are you liking the warmth?

Rockin, didn't get around to doing to HID, but was your way last night at Central Station. Do you head there often?

Cowboi, not much into jazz but I am always up for a festival. Any details?
Old 04-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #132
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowkisses View Post
Hey y'all. How are you liking the warmth?

Rockin, didn't get around to doing to HID, but was your way last night at Central Station. Do you head there often?

Cowboi, not much into jazz but I am always up for a festival. Any details?

Hey! I am going April 29th, May 2nd. Lots of good music,
Simon & Garfunkel
The Allman Brothers
Pearl Jam
The Levon Helm Band
Lionel Richie
Jeff Beck
Van Morrison
Anita Baker
Aretha Franklin
Steve Martin
Jonny Lang
George Clinton and
Parliament/Funkadelic
Imagination Movers
Darius Rucker
The Gipsy Kings
Jual Luis Guerra
Elvis Costello
The Black Crowes
Joe Lovano
Gerald Albright, Kirk Whalum and Jeff Lorber
Gil Scott-Heron
Richie Havens
Frankie Beverly and Maze
To list a few!!!
Old 04-18-2010, 01:55 PM   #133
VuDu

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Trouble Maker
Relationship Status:
My heart is my own

VuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST Reputation

Cowboi - awesome! I will try to rattle the boi and see what she says. Perhaps we can meet up.

Anyone else up for a get together soon?
Old 04-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #134
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Snowkisses...well yeah I go to central sometimes,just let me know when u all are comeing this way and I will make plands...check yr pm box..sending my phone # so u can give a holla or u can just pm me a fue days ahead of time.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:05 PM   #135
VuDu

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Trouble Maker
Relationship Status:
My heart is my own

Shall do. It was nice to get out and about but definitely paid for it the next day.

Isn't is gorgy outside? I have the house open wide although I am feeling a bit chilled. Definite change from the 80+ temps we have been having the past week.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #136
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

HELLLLOOOOOO Louisiana~~~~~~~~Anybody home???What u all up to where ever u r??
Old 06-17-2011, 11:39 PM   #137
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Howdy from Oklahoma!

Hey y'all, is there anyone familiar with Lafayette? I'll be headed down that way next friday and I'm wondering what sort of places there are to go to get a good crawfish meal and sight see. Any takers??

Last edited by Starbuck; 06-17-2011 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Spelling
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:25 PM   #138
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

i love hubig's pies and they are made in Louisiana. coconut is my favorite.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:19 PM   #139
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
i love hubig's pies and they are made in Louisiana. coconut is my favorite.
Oh and the Lemon mmm

Breakfast of champions
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 07:52 PM   #140
VuDu

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Trouble Maker
Relationship Status:
My heart is my own

Hi Starbuck,

Sorry, up in the Northern territory of LA myself. It is nearing the end of crawfish season (technically) but the bounty has sure been lovely this year. I would head into one or two of the convenience stores and ask the locals if no one responds here. Hotels sometimes get compensated for sending people to certain restaurants and I do find that some of the most delicious meals can be found in little back alley places no one dreams of going.

Have a safe trip to our gorgeous state.