Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 04-17-2011, 01:05 PM   #101
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

Earlier this year, I had a bad bout with pneumonia. I had my lungs xray, which was very scary if you're a smoker. With pneumonia, smoking HURT. And I never wanted to worry about "what if." Smoking also increased my chances of getting pneumonia again.

So I patched when I got home. I'm still patching (taking it VERY slow), but I haven't smoked in 8 months. After about a month, my sense of taste came back. It's a lot easier for me to move. I don't cough when I laugh. I don't have that constant worry of "when can I have one." I feel like I'm free to do things I wasn't able to do. I get cravings, but Goof refuses to let me cheat. They do pass. And knowing my triggers helps me.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to blush For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #102
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_G View Post
After doing the stop/start thing while trying to quit, I kept making excuses and kept sayin, "oh just one or two a day" blah blah blah!

Enough.

I was reading a book and it said if you want a different outcome, change your response. Instead of responding to my stress by going out and smoking, I would go outside and walk up and down my drive way, then come back in and continue what I was doing. It sounds a bit odd, but it seems to have worked.

I am officially3 weeks cigarette free......cold turkey!

I plan on being able to run a mile by June 1st, 2 miles by July 1st, and plan on running a 5K by the end of August. I will run a 5K before I turn 40 in October. Bet on it. Cold turkey.

My shortness of breath is gone and I FEEL so much better!
Congratulations, G! That is fantastic! And not odd at all...that is what they tell you to do. Walk away and do something else when you are craving or when you would typically reach for a cig. And walking is the best choice! I know for me walking would burn off the cravings.

Congrats to you too, Blush!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #103
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
F-'em. You ARE a non-smoker!

Keep it going, everyone. You CAN and WILL do it!

It is SO nice being on the other side. Not worrying if you have cigs. Not worrying about when you will get that next cig when you are going into a long meeting. Not worrying if you smell like smoke when you are in said meeting. Such freedom! Seriously, that is what it feels like. FREEDOM!

Do I still crave them? Absolutely. Yesterday wanted one so bad and it has been a year and a half. But, it passes. Just like the cravings any of you may be having right now. Just keep remembering that!
those were my exact sentiments...this is my deal and I am the only one that matters in this at this moment making it day to day.

Ive been a non smoker for a week now loving it and food tastes so different hotwings i love them however i have suddenly found out they are a bit spicy for me, pepper jack one of my favorite cheeses um yea no thanks it burned my mouth wth? lol....

Spring time smells so good right now i cant seem to get enough.

Im not coughing cause im not smoking, i love that.

I love that when "negative nellie" comes knocking on my door she is turned around or when she sneaks in a window i quickly toss her out. I don't have to deal with the negativity and i don't have to feel like crap cause i quit. i actually feel so much better.

I quickly dismiss any cravings or thoughts of smoking this seems to be working for me.

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2011, 07:17 AM   #104
Daktari

Go you gaea. My hacking smokers cough stopped the instant I gave up tobacco. I thought this was very odd and asked my Doctor why I haven't coughed up all sorts of nastiness......she said "Why? Do you want to?"

Hah @ 'negative nellie'. She's easy to dimiss along with cravings when you've had that change of mindset. Do you just 'know' you'll be successful this time?

I wish I could have had that whole return of senses of smell and taste but alas I was born without a sense of smell at all and errrm differently-abled tastebuds. What I do love though is that every morning I wake up with a 'clean' mouth. I had never noticed how horribly 'dirty' my mouth felt in the mornings until I discovered the alternative.

I'm so chuffed (Brit speak for real pleased) for you that you're sticking in there. You won't regret being a non-smoker.

Fantastic news blush, it's scary when one gets so ill because of being a smoker. 8 months is a great achievement, I do believe the fear factor is a great addition to the NRT's we take or stick on....go you!!

WoooooHoooooo JustG, brilliant going there. I never did it cold turkey any of the times I've tried, I know myself and I know I couldn't do it.....big up to you for that.

Dealing with cravings - I found holding my breath for as long as could a couple of times worked.......Lord knows why but it did.
I spent a lot of time doing things in the house instead of putting them off when I was craving tobacco or missing the time consuming 'ritual' of rolling a joint.
Walking or going out on my unicycle was also good distraction.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2011, 07:34 AM   #105
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Go you gaea. My hacking smokers cough stopped the instant I gave up tobacco. I thought this was very odd and asked my Doctor why I haven't coughed up all sorts of nastiness......she said "Why? Do you want to?"

Hah @ 'negative nellie'. She's easy to dimiss along with cravings when you've had that change of mindset. Do you just 'know' you'll be successful this time?

I wish I could have had that whole return of senses of smell and taste but alas I was born without a sense of smell at all and errrm differently-abled tastebuds. What I do love though is that every morning I wake up with a 'clean' mouth. I had never noticed how horribly 'dirty' my mouth felt in the mornings until I discovered the alternative.

I'm so chuffed (Brit speak for real pleased) for you that you're sticking in there. You won't regret being a non-smoker.

Fantastic news blush, it's scary when one gets so ill because of being a smoker. 8 months is a great achievement, I do believe the fear factor is a great addition to the NRT's we take or stick on....go you!!

WoooooHoooooo JustG, brilliant going there. I never did it cold turkey any of the times I've tried, I know myself and I know I couldn't do it.....big up to you for that.

Dealing with cravings - I found holding my breath for as long as could a couple of times worked.......Lord knows why but it did.
I spent a lot of time doing things in the house instead of putting them off when I was craving tobacco or missing the time consuming 'ritual' of rolling a joint.
Walking or going out on my unicycle was also good distraction.

yes, incubus, i know i will be successful because i already am and yes i have a different mindset this time. i had a goal of 4/19 anyway and your story bumped that up by a week thank you for sharing that. i also spent some months increasing my vitamin c prior to quitting as opposed to after sure has made a difference. Im sorry to hear you have a non working smeller, i promise you every time i take in the scent of fresh flowers i will think of you along the way.

I dont think i could wear the patches long term im thinking 6 weeks max, one more week on the 21mg then 14mg for two then 7mg for 2 then done with those as well.

The glorious part about the patches i have they are more than 6 mos expired its more the mind trick for me.

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:53 AM   #106
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaea View Post
yes, incubus, i know i will be successful because i already am and yes i have a different mindset this time. i had a goal of 4/19 anyway and your story bumped that up by a week thank you for sharing that. i also spent some months increasing my vitamin c prior to quitting as opposed to after sure has made a difference. Im sorry to hear you have a non working smeller, i promise you every time i take in the scent of fresh flowers i will think of you along the way.

I dont think i could wear the patches long term im thinking 6 weeks max, one more week on the 21mg then 14mg for two then 7mg for 2 then done with those as well.

The glorious part about the patches i have they are more than 6 mos expired its more the mind trick for me.

Woooohooooo you really have that changed mindset. It makes the job so much easier. It takes the 'fight' away; or it did for me. It meant I just gave myself over to quitting no matter what it took.

Awwww, how cool knowing that thousands of miles away someone is smelling a flower and thinking of a fellow non-smoker who can't smell flowers.

As you have read I took Champix/Chantix and took them for the prescribed amount of time which was 12weeks, two of which were before stopping the ciggies. I was apprehensive about finishing them but there was no need to worry it wasn't so hard. I still kept hold of my plastic inhalator thingy but very shortly after didn't need that either. I don't think it's a terribly good idea to take or stick on such things for longer than is recommended, they can just be another 'addiction' or crutch.

One thing I did which might not suit others but worked for me is that I had (and it's still there a year later) the makings of a ciggie left in the bottom of my last packet of tobacco. I needed to have the choice if I was ever so desperate. Despite the stresses and strains of a pretty bad year it was never needed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #107
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Quote:
Woooohooooo you really have that changed mindset. It makes the job so much easier. It takes the 'fight' away; or it did for me. It meant I just gave myself over to quitting no matter what it took.

Awwww, how cool knowing that thousands of miles away someone is smelling a flower and thinking of a fellow non-smoker who can't smell flowers.

As you have read I took Champix/Chantix and took them for the prescribed amount of time which was 12weeks, two of which were before stopping the ciggies. I was apprehensive about finishing them but there was no need to worry it wasn't so hard. I still kept hold of my plastic inhalator thingy but very shortly after didn't need that either. I don't think it's a terribly good idea to take or stick on such things for longer than is recommended, they can just be another 'addiction' or crutch.

One thing I did which might not suit others but worked for me is that I had (and it's still there a year later) the makings of a ciggie left in the bottom of my last packet of tobacco. I needed to have the choice if I was ever so desperate. Despite the stresses and strains of a pretty bad year it was never needed.
i have a choice on every street corner and at every store i ave been too in the last week and the gas station as well, im choosing not to today. just as you are..

thanks for being an inspiration

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 07:21 AM   #108
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Default Remaining calm

I have been taking extra vit b for this and extra b12.

Last night i had my first upset and i ended up calling a friend who is a smoker and actually helped me through the upset. Seriously visualizing bubbles. im smiling still however for those involved in this thread.

How do you handle your upsets. your cranky moments etc. ?

I told my kid i was feeling cranky she kept poking no i didnt smoke, no i dont want to smoke.

What do you do when feeling a bit cranky?

The Following User Says Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 08:25 AM   #109
Daktari

Quote:
I have been taking extra vit b for this and extra b12.

Last night i had my first upset and i ended up calling a friend who is a smoker and actually helped me through the upset. Seriously visualizing bubbles. im smiling still however for those involved in this thread.

How do you handle your upsets. your cranky moments etc. ?

I told my kid i was feeling cranky she kept poking no i didnt smoke, no i dont want to smoke.

What do you do when feeling a bit cranky?

Wooohoooo! Yesterday was my one year anniversary of giving up smoking tobacco. I'm seriously chuffed with myself.

I had a tough year last year gaea and when times were bad I just rode them out in my usual non-smoking grumpy fashion, having a rough time is merely an excuse to smoke not a reason. I probably drank more alcohol though which is not the answer. Grumpiness was dealt with mainly by learning to ride a unicycle. You just can't remain grumpy when you're having wheel fun.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #110
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Wooohoooo! Yesterday was my one year anniversary of giving up smoking tobacco. I'm seriously chuffed with myself.

I had a tough year last year gaea and when times were bad I just rode them out in my usual non-smoking grumpy fashion, having a rough time is merely an excuse to smoke not a reason. I probably drank more alcohol though which is not the answer. Grumpiness was dealt with mainly by learning to ride a unicycle. You just can't remain grumpy when you're having wheel fun.

CONGRATS, INCUBUS! This is no small feat!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 05:42 PM   #111
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

HI Thread Stalkers and Do'ers!! lol

I have to apologize to each of you. I admit that after I had troubles with the e-cig. I was discouraged again and fell back to my old habits.

I have to tell you that it's FUCKING HARD and all you peeps that have kicked it, I can't tell you how PROUD and HAPPY I am for you! I wonder why the HELL can't I do it?? I know I can, I just haven't to set my mind to it. However, that is part of my problem.

When I quit smoking I have such bad anxiety I can't focus on anything while people say they gain weight from quitting I lose it because I can't stay focused enough to sit in one spot for more than 5 minutes with out losing my mind. I'm up down up down and then I "run" to make it thru the "surges" you know the ones, they only last 10 minutes but to me it feels like it lasts hours. I know some of you have suggested meds. I'm very scared of them to be honest. I have NEVER had to rely on pills, in most cases I don't even take the pills the Doctor prescribes for me for pain or being sick.

I know I have to do this it's something I've talked about and tried doing since entering my 30's and now I'm 45 and here I sit, still a smoker and NOT proud of that.
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #112
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Strappie my boi!

You can do it! Baby steps, take baby steps and don't beat yourself up for not doing it as quickly as you'd like. It's a process and do it at your own pace.

Hang in there brotha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post

I have to apologize to each of you. I admit that after I had troubles with the e-cig. I was discouraged again and fell back to my old habits.

I have to tell you that it's FUCKING HARD and all you peeps that have kicked I can't tell you how PROUD and HAPPY I am for you! I wonder why the HELL can't I do it?? I know I can, I just haven't to set my mind to it. However, that is part of my problem.

When I quit smoking I have such bad anxiety I can't focus on anything while people say they gain weight from quitting I lose it because I can't stay focused enough to sit in one spot for more than 5 minutes with out losing my mind. I'm up down up down and then I "run" to make it thru the "surges" you know the ones, they only last 10 minutes but to me it feels like it lasts hours. I know some of you have suggested meds. I'm very scared of them to be honest. I have NEVER had to rely on pills, in most cases I don't even take the pills the Doctor prescribes for me for pain or being sick.

I know I have to do this it's something I've talked about and tried doing since entering my 30's and now I'm 45 and here I sit, still a smoker and NOT proud of that.
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 05:53 PM   #113
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
Strappie my boi!

You can do it! Baby steps, take baby steps and don't beat yourself up for not doing it as quickly as you'd like. It's a process and do it at your own pace.

Hang in there brotha!

Thank you Scorpie it means a lot to hear that. Yet at the same time, I've heard it so many times ya know. It's so disappointing to let your friends and family down time and time again.
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #114
hpychick

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine with a hammer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly Stuff
Relationship Status:
Jesse's Girl. She asked! I said yes!

Location: Minneapolis! Or as I like to call it - Many Happiness!
Thanked 1,417 Times in 499 Posts
hpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Smoking Cessation Support

All on the path to being smoke-free!!

I would like to extend myself to each of you as support in your cessation program!

I stopped smoking September 17, 2007. I don't regret stopping, but there are times that I miss it.

If you need some support - if you're having a stressed day (b/c let's just be honest - that's when most relapse) - if you just need to talk about some of your symptoms, please send me a PM or post on my wall and I would be happy to be supportive of your cessation efforts!

Here are a few facts (about my own smoking cessation):
Within 3 days after I quit smoking, I didn't wake up congested
I was able to walk up 7 flights of stairs within 2 weeks
I could smell how icky my clothes in the closet smelled from the smoke in the house (and I didn't have the door open)

You can do it! Trust me! I know it isn't easy, having been there myself - but I do know it's possible!

Go Y.O.U for wanting to be healthier and to smell better!

RAH RAH RAH

hpychick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hpychick For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 06:25 PM   #115
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

I hear ya Strap. I am a "reformed" smoker so I feel you on that one. Honestly, when I have a few drinks I still like to have a smoke and glad I have the "self control" to put it down when I need to.

BUT...As you already know, ya gotta do this moreso for YOUR health and not the family and friends (even though everyone is concerned about you, because they love you). Hopefully, they don't ride you too much on that and cut you some slack for trying and NOT police you. That would make a person want to smoke more because you feel like you're "disappointing" folks.

That's why I said "baby steps" in my prior post. It takes time bud, and you can do it. Even if you cut down to 4 or 5 smokes a day. Try and commit to yourself to do that. Basically, start off with "realistic" plan that will work for you at YOUR own pace.

It's cool to have a great support system, but you can't do this for anyone else but YOU.

Much love brotha...

-S

Quote:
Thank you Scorpie it means a lot to hear that. Yet at the same time, I've heard it so many times ya know. It's so disappointing to let your friends and family down time and time again.
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #116
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Quote:

I have to tell you that it's FUCKING HARD and all you peeps that have kicked it, I can't tell you how PROUD and HAPPY I am for you! I wonder why the HELL can't I do it?? I know I can, I just haven't to set my mind to it. However, that is part of my problem.

Strappie i am on a sub-lingual b complex i swear im calm as can be not fidgety and im not experiencing those surges your referring too, dude get some bcomplex sub-lingual stuff it isnt meds and it will help.

here for support if you need.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #117
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Default CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

so the cranky came and went i cried myself to sleep (ugh) i couldnt go anywhere it was late, i woke up in a sour mood...felt better at around 1pm after venting and venting and venting the what happened to get me to that state...continuing on with my quit because its for me, my health, my quit.

I don't like being cranky at all.

I noticed several thing already
I have more energy
My clothes smell pretty now
So does my hair
I just feel better all the way around.
Im calmer, as in no more anxiety
I have more heartburn i also have stock in anatacid's at the moment this will pass and the antacids are a heck of a lot cheaper and last longer
I have a quit buddy or two or three

Old 04-26-2011, 10:38 PM   #118
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

Strappie, don't worry about "letting down friends and family", dude, you have to do it for YOU, not anyone else. They are your support system, not judges....do it for you buddy!

I never really get all that cranky....but I am sure I have my moments. When I am having anxiety, I do something good for me. I do something that I know I enjoy. I used to go for ice cream, but that was not the best idea... I go walk on the treadmill, do zumba, or go play with my dogs. Things that make me happy...that snap me out of that lull of a crappy mood....it works for me!

Old 04-27-2011, 04:14 AM   #119
Daktari

Quote:
so the cranky came and went i cried myself to sleep (ugh) i couldnt go anywhere it was late, i woke up in a sour mood...felt better at around 1pm after venting and venting and venting the what happened to get me to that state...continuing on with my quit because its for me, my health, my quit. *

I don't like being cranky at all.

I noticed several thing already
I have more energy
My clothes smell pretty now
So does my hair
I just feel better all the way around.
Im calmer, as in no more anxiety
I have more heartburn i also have stock in anatacid's at the moment this will pass and the antacids are a heck of a lot cheaper and last longer
I have a quit buddy or two or three
Well done for riding out 'the cranks' gaea. Does it make you feel more positive about giving up when you ride out some bad stuff and come out the other end not having given in?

* There in lies the secret gaea...when we quit for us; when it's entirely for ourselves and we take control of our own quitting then it becomes manageable and the bad stuff is sooooo much easier to ride out. I suddenly had more energy too - all that extra oxygen in your body creates energy and a certain calmness - I was manic for the first few months though, the calmness came some way down the line but I put that down to a mixture of quitting and hitting major messed-up man-o-pause symptoms at the same - some guys get all the luck huh?

Strappie, I never thought I'd give up either, it was always too hard but then I went and left it too late...would you rather it be a choice or a necessity?... Don't give up giving up. It really does get easier to manage the anxieties and other more negative aspects of giving up after a few months.

Thank-you DapperButch, your congrats are much appreciated
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2011, 07:18 AM   #120
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Default Sublingual Vitamin B

Is helping me to stay calm and not have the anxiousness seriously i take a dropper full every 3 hours and this is working plus my regular vitamins that i take daily.

My co worker quit a couple months ago and she is a wreck i told her what i was doing cause she cant beleive how calm i am so i told her there are breathing exercises as well as get your self some vit b and you will fee better.

On with the breathing exercises, what ive learned is if i hold my breath then fear and anxiety can grow within however in regular breathing you can remain calm or get excited about something, this can be applied to lots of situations regular normal breathing with positive thoughts and you can get through this.

I suddenly have a lot of extra time woo hoo, i calculated the number of cigarettes i haven't smoked by the minutes it took to smoke one and what i came up with yesterday was that i had gained an additional 40 hours of free time in 3 weeks rock on.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post: