Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 11-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
Daktari

Default Dr.Who

Who's watching now? It's broadcast simultaneously globally.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

The Boy is at work so I am recording it for us to watch when he gets home. I AM DYING TO WATCH!!!!!!!!!
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
Daktari

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #4
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Is this where Peter Capaldi comes in??? I grew up with Tom Baker, and was mad for David Tennant but not a fan of Matt Smith. I stopped watching it cause I can't deal with him.
But I love how dark, dry, witty and dashing Peter Capaldi is.

Oh I just looked... it is!

Will be downloading and watching at my leisure tonight after study!

ETA: and the next doctor better be Sue Perkins so I can dribble on someone.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
Daktari

I don't think they'll ever let ole Suey do it. Dr.Who Bake Off? Noooo!

Not been a fan of Mr.Smith either so not watched much Who in recent times.

Just been looking up the dates and I remember when Patrick Troughton regenerated as Jon Pertwee in 1970 when I was 7. And then Pertwee to Tom Baker in '74-81. So those two are 'my' Drs. I lost interest as I got older and missed the Davidson, Colin Baker, McCoy years.

It's a shame Christopher Eccleston didn't stay longer.

Tennant was fabulous though; even with the look of perpetual astonishment.

I'm really looking forward to what Peter Capaldi can do.

No spoilers here but you're gonna love tonight's episode.

Last edited by Daktari; 11-23-2013 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Removal of an extraneous comma.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #6
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Oh. My. God.

That's all I'll say for now.....
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #7
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Do i need to watch the night of the doctor first?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #8
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybarbara View Post
Do i need to watch the night of the doctor first?
I didn't but maybe you should. I'm going to watch it later.

I'm watching An Adventure in Space and Time. A drama about Dr.Who bring brought to the screen. Apparently there's a 5min William Hartnell documentary after it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #9
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Since I haven't watched series 7 due to my sulking about losing Tennant, I caught up here

A Primer for Dr Who's "Day of the Doctor" 50th Anniversary Special

AND omg John Hurt! <3
and Tom Baker!
and David Tennant!
And Rose!

wow.

The download is taking ages though as tons of people are downloading and few people are seeding. wankers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2013, 07:19 PM   #10
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Just finished watching it about an hour ago. Oh. My. God. I'm excited for the upcoming season! I loved it.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #11
Daktari

I thought John Hurt was ace. Good plot device.

Thanks for the link HB.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2014, 11:30 PM   #12
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, "Hey Handsome", and also throwing in a "Sup man" or a "You're sexy" will work
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Stud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST Reputation

OH MY. So awesome to be around fellow Whovians. I am a major Doctor Who fan. And i mean that in the sense that I have seen Classic and New. I haven't watched all the Classic yet, but I've got most of it, and all of the new series is on my laptop as we speak. I also keep watching the 50th on repeat, as i do with nearly every episode. Oh, and of course, I like having my TARDIS hat and my 10 and 11 sonic screwdrivers, as well as my character encyclopedia. And as far as Doctors go, I really love 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11. I am excited to see 12. And now I think I'll watch an episode.
Stud_puppy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stud_puppy1991 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2014, 11:41 PM   #13
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,840 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

i couldn't get into the old '70's' doctors but have enjoyed all of the new. Took a couple seasons for me to warm up to Smith, but I enjoy all of the companions.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2014, 12:58 PM   #14
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

We are Whovians. When we pay for t.v. episodes then you know we have the itch.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2014, 02:23 PM   #15
silkepus

How Do You Identify?:
covered in ink and glitter
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
watching pictures of cats on tumblr

silkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputation

YAY whovians

Im absolutely bananas for it, and I have managed to spread the fandom to several of my friends. Whenever thers a new epsiode out we get together and who out. I think its a bit funny but there are lots of whovians in Norway and yet it has never actually been shown on norwegian television

And I didnt like Matt Smith either and I really didnt like Amy Pond, I was so happy when she was finally done. To be honest I havent really liked a companion since Donna. And I'm on a mission to see the old ones as well. I just borrowed the five doctors from a friend and I cant wait to see it

I love this:

silkepus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to silkepus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2014, 03:42 PM   #16
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Tom Baker lives just up the road and we frequently see him around town (saw him just last week in fact and remarked to Blue how much older he seems, especially now that he's using a cane - he's a big man, and obviously has problems walking). He's nice enough but definitely likes to be left alone.

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2014, 06:25 PM   #17
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,840 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkepus View Post
?.... To be honest I havent really liked a companion since Donna....
Donna was sassy so I really liked her. I was disappointed by her short tenure. I really like Clara....also sassy.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2014, 09:51 PM   #18
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkepus View Post
YAY whovians

And I didnt like Matt Smith either and I really didnt like Amy Pond, I was so happy when she was finally done.
Oh, I loved Amy Pond! I got so into Karen Gillan, I'm now following her other projects. I just saw "Oculus", her American horror movie, a few weekends back.

Now, the new girl, Clara, I can't get into. I did love Donna though. (Her storyline slayed me).
Old 04-29-2014, 10:13 PM   #19
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, "Hey Handsome", and also throwing in a "Sup man" or a "You're sexy" will work
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Stud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST Reputation

I like most of the companions, except I was not a fan of Martha or Mickey, but that's just me. I did like Rose, and I loved Donna. Had a great love for Amy and Rory, and also River. And I am really loving Clara. And then as far as classic companions, I still love Sarah Jane, K-9, and The Brigadier
Stud_puppy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stud_puppy1991 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2014, 08:41 AM   #20
mythy

How Do You Identify?:
silly buggar
Relationship Status:
single

mythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputation
Talking doctor who

I think David Tennant and Catherine Tate were brilliant, the best pairing in the entire history of the show.
mythy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mythy For This Useful Post: