Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
unmistakably
Preferred Pronoun?:
dearheart
Relationship Status:
In love, loved and Happy, thanks for askin'

Thanked 3,383 Times in 931 Posts
Nina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Need to Know

So...I was thinking that we should have a place to ask things we 'need to know'...something which crosses our mind and needs to be clarified... a place where we can check in with fellow planet-eers and see what they think...
let's be careful not to judge harshly the questions (or the question-eers)...we could have a bit of fun and, maybe even, satisfy the need to know...

I'll start :

if someone calls me " a hot mess" it means they think I'm hot, and want to mess around, right?

in the need to know,

neen
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2010, 04:59 PM   #2
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neen View Post
So...I was thinking that we should have a place to ask things we 'need to know'...something which crosses our mind and needs to be clarified... a place where we can check in with fellow planet-eers and see what they think...
let's be careful not to judge harshly the questions (or the question-eers)...we could have a bit of fun and, maybe even, satisfy the need to know...

I'll start :

if someone calls me " a hot mess" it means they think I'm hot, and want to mess around, right?

in the need to know,

neen
The first time I heard "Hot Mess", it was in Memphis. It was used in a "you seem to be a mess and need to pull yourself together" way.

It also could be said in a flirtation....."you are a hot mess, let me fix you up" way.

It may mean something else in different parts of the country.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I'll start :

in the need to know,

neen
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
The first time I heard "Hot Mess", it was in Memphis. It was used in a "you seem to be a mess and need to pull yourself together" way.

It also could be said in a flirtation....."you are a hot mess, let me fix you up" way.

It may mean something else in different parts of the country.
See, and when it has been said to me I have just taken it to mean that the person finds you hot, and that maybe they are feeling a bit *hot under the collar*, at that moment (due to you). Yes, a flirtation...may just be in fun...not them actually seeking anything sexual from you.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #4
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Here up on the North Side of Columbus when someone says

"Gurllllll, you are a hot mess"

It basically means you are fuckin up and get your head out cho ass before I come slap some sense into you...
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2010, 06:25 PM   #5
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I'll start :

in the need to know,

neen
Up here in the PNW, it basically means what Snow and apocalipstic said, that whoever is being told that is messed up in one way or another (looking all sloppy and still hungover from the night before...tweeking out on something...generally messing their life up...etc). A 'hot' mess is more dire than just being 'a mess'. So, if someone says you are a hot mess, and they are not teasing (whether flirting or friendly), then it means you have some problems which are VERY evident to others.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2010, 06:25 PM   #6
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

Why?

Old 02-24-2010, 06:27 PM   #7
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

If water came in powdered form, what would you mix it with?
Piss and vodka do not count...
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:44 PM   #8
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella View Post
If water came in powdered form, what would you mix it with?
Piss and vodka do not count...
well. then it wouldn't be H20 at all, would it?
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2010, 06:45 PM   #9
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

uh oh. hot mess is bad?
Old 02-24-2010, 07:16 PM   #10
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
uh oh. hot mess is bad?
That's what I was thinking....

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2010, 07:50 PM   #11
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
uh oh. hot mess is bad?
Yeppers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
That's what I was thinking....
Bingo!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:59 PM   #12
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXBFun0ijYQ"]YouTube- Cobra Starship - Hot Mess [OFFICIAL VIDEO][/ame]
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:01 PM   #13
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

oh hell.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:02 PM   #14
Ryobi

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch. Over all, I identify by living my life.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/His

Thanked 1,238 Times in 357 Posts
Ryobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
Here up on the North Side of Columbus when someone says

"Gurllllll, you are a hot mess"

It basically means you are fuckin up and get your head out cho ass before I come slap some sense into you...
It means pretty much that here too, if said one female to another.

Otherwise, it means "pretty to look at but, wouldn't wanna 'deal' with it." used most often like the second, in these parts.

"To choose a word is to choose a world" Anonymous
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:03 PM   #15
sweetcali
BFP Angel

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Yes I have a status.

Location: I ride a cowboy in Rodeo in the communist nation of the isle of cali.
sweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
oh hell.

Yeah what she said.

sweetcali
sweetcali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #16
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

in my world...we kinda use it 2 ways

the same as others...someone is a "hot mess" if they are screwing up, making stupid decisions, acting ridiculously, have crazy issues, and drama.

and also, along those lines about someone who is hot, as in attractive.

a friend might say to me: girl, that butch TJ , she is so fucking sexy and funny, i'd totally date her, but she is a hot mess
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2010, 08:11 PM   #17
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

Well of COURSE nobody wants to deal with me.
See my avatar? I took that pic last week. My winter skin is so dry it's a hot mess.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2010, 08:18 PM   #18
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

this song sucks and is a hot mess!!!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r9UNiw9WAY"]YouTube- Ashley Tisdale - Hot Mess (Full Song)[/nomedia]
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:15 AM   #19
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Hot Mess could be used in a fond way I guess....

You are a hot mess, but you are MY hot mess?