Old 01-23-2016, 01:42 PM   #3141
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

It has all moved on out of the central Piedmont of NC. Still pretty cool and a light breeze. Thank God I never lost power. Hoping things wind down in the Northeast soon. Ive gotten several pictures from up north and it s ugly

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2016, 02:51 PM   #3142
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Well, it finally got here. Blizzard warning in effect. Still warm (33), mix snow and rain, winds howling - had to go retrieve some deck stuff I thought was secured. Still saying 8-12 inches here. Lights flickering off and on.

Just doesnt feel like it will be as big a deal as they are saying......Kobi says hopefully cuz she didnt move her car which is parked next to a questionably healthy tree.

Oh well.
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2016, 07:14 AM   #3143
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,769 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

It's hard to tell exactly how much snow I got since the drifts were insane in some areas and my snow plow guys started plowing when I was about 4-5 inches deep. They came out a couple of times and now the driving and walking areas look really good. I'd say maybe 8-10 inches of snow. Nothing like what NY and DC got but enough to put a wrench in things. Now comes the hard part with the melting and leaking from the roof of one of my buildings and the general clean up. It's about 18 degrees now and the sun is shining like nothing happened at all.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2016, 01:45 PM   #3144
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
For the 3 day weekend 13.7" of snow, (official not drifted) lows at night -8* feels like, todays high 21*. The Lake Machine finally shut off today... Good to see some of y'all are gonna get some of the cold wet stuff. Sharing is caring!

Aside from the winds, which amazingly did little if any damage, the snow totals were unimpressive here.

Compared to the overexuberance of caring Corkey showed us last year, I'm thinking the northeast might have fallen out of favor with him. LOL.

It is in the high 30's now, the sun is shining, all is melting nicely, temps are forecast to rise this week.
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2016, 02:26 PM   #3145
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Aside from the winds, which amazingly did little if any damage, the snow totals were unimpressive here.

Compared to the overexuberance of caring Corkey showed us last year, I'm thinking the northeast might have fallen out of favor with him. LOL.

It is in the high 30's now, the sun is shining, all is melting nicely, temps are forecast to rise this week.
Year to date, 42.3 we still lead in the Golden Snowglobe competition. So, yes I would love to spread the snow love around some.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2016, 08:27 PM   #3146
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

61 and Cloudy
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 06:49 AM   #3147
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

The sun's out already and it will get to just above freezing so I'll have some good melting action today. I need to get my snow plow guys out there to drop some sand though as I've got some pretty big icy patches that don't ever see the sun. Right now it's about 20 degrees. It looks like we're going to get some more snow on Friday. Luckily, it doesn't look like much.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2016, 09:28 AM   #3148
Daniela

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 5,242 Times in 1,243 Posts
Daniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
The sun's out already and it will get to just above freezing so I'll have some good melting action today. I need to get my snow plow guys out there to drop some sand though as I've got some pretty big icy patches that don't ever see the sun. Right now it's about 20 degrees. It looks like we're going to get some more snow on Friday. Luckily, it doesn't look like much.
...more snow on Friday?!?!
Daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daniela For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2016, 12:29 PM   #3149
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyspinner70 View Post
Trufax. I'm from the mountains of southwestern VA originally and moved to Greensboro NC for a decade or so. The difference in weather for what's a relatively short distance apart is pretty amazing. It would ice more than snow in NC and the place would come to a STANDSTILL for anything above an inch or two. You definitely can't judge weather anywhere else against your own, that's for sure.

true story!

I still own a house and property in SW Virginia about an hour away from G'boro. The weather can be dramatically different on any given day!

Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2016, 03:56 PM   #3150
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

57 and raining here
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2016, 12:25 PM   #3151
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Weather Report

52 degrees and sunny in central Texas.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2016, 02:24 PM   #3152
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Fifty degrees in San Francisco, sunshine and blue sky. I'm wearing shorts!
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2016, 12:32 PM   #3153
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Weather Report

60 degrees and sunny in central Texas. We will be in the upper 70's this weekend yay!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2016, 12:39 PM   #3154
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
60 degrees and sunny in central Texas. We will be in the upper 70's this weekend yay!

Its the same hear in Louisiana, the neighbor next door is mowing his yard.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2016, 11:54 AM   #3155
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,121 Times in 8,601 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Cold and wet

It's been raining all night and morning. Thank goodness because we need it. It's 57° outside.

It's been colder this year than most years (to me) and my heating bill is running 12% to 15% higher this year than usual.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2016, 12:15 PM   #3156
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

It's 57*.In February. In Erie. My WTF Face
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2016, 12:27 PM   #3157
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Default Weather Report

72 degrees and sunny in central Texas. We are expecting a high of 82 degrees.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2016, 04:19 PM   #3158
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
It's 57*.In February. In Erie. My WTF Face
You time traveling, Corkey?

lol

It's been freakin' beautiful today. I only had to wear a light long-sleeved shirt with my short-sleeved work shirt, the sun was shining and the snow was melting. Soooo lovely today!

Tomorrow's going to be almost as nice and, as Corkey said, it will be February then and that's unusual. Go El Nino!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2016, 06:55 PM   #3159
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Default Weather Report

71 degrees and sunny today in central Texas. It was in the 80's last weekend but we are expecting a freeze tonight. Haha! Texas Weather.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:14 PM   #3160
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

It was a little cooler than the past couple of days but still beautiful. The sun was shining and there was a nice breeze plus Phil didn't see a shadow. Spring is around the corner!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
rain, weather