Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > General Gender Discussions

View Poll Results: What age range are you?
19 or younger 3 0.69%
20-29 51 11.72%
30-39 99 22.76%
40-49 171 39.31%
50-59 100 22.99%
60-69 11 2.53%
70 and above 0 0%
Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #1
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation
Question Average Age of the Planet

Since it was mentioned, I have to admit that I am curious what is the average age. In the support group that I'm in, I'm one of 2-3 older guys. The rest range from 16-25 (and boy! makes me feel old!)

So identifiers, just curious as to what is the average age of the community at large.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2009, 01:01 PM   #2
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Well, I am not that young either Linus. Selling life insurance now? No? I know, grave sites.

Love,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Is it OK that we are older? Would younger people feel more welcome if those of us who are older were not here?
Apocalipstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
Well, I am not that young either Linus. Selling life insurance now? No? I know, grave sites.

Love,
Andrew
LOL.. ya.. that might work.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #5
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
Is it OK that we are older? Would younger people feel more welcome if those of us who are older were not here?
I think it's ok. The younger guys have mentioned that they like to hear my side of things because it gives them an insight into what might be (good or bad). I don't any age is a bad thing; it's just a different thing and a different perspective. Being open to that perspective is important and closing your mind to it, IMO, isn't helpful for anyone. We all have a need to be heard and actively listened to on both sides of the coin of respect.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2009, 02:17 PM   #6
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Would younger people feel more welcome if those of us who are older were not here?
Nope, Jen, because if we weren't here, there wouldn't be a website at all. People will come to us as they need to, whatever their ages might be; but if you and I and everyone who is over thirty left the site to make room for them, well, what on earth would anyone come to... since yanno... the site owners are also over thirty?

I think the vibrancy and richness of the site is directly due to the mix of ages we have; having only one narrow age range would defeat the purpose, yanno?
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2009, 02:18 PM   #7
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I think age is just a state of mind. If you really think about it. We can all learn something from each other, only if we are open to it. If not, then we miss out on alot.

Love,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2009, 02:20 PM   #8
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I am a 16 year old boy in my head a lot of the time

*grin*
Apocalipstic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Apocalipstic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2009, 02:24 PM   #9
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

So it seems that so far, we are outnumbering the younguns.
Can we flip our depends at them?
lol ... just kidding ... I am not quite there .... yet..... oy.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2009, 02:26 PM   #10
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
.. and who would provide the wisdom, the history, the target for all the old people jokes?

Old 11-23-2009, 02:52 PM   #11
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

I can honestly say by being one of the "youngins" cringe..... that I wouldn't be here if everyone was younger.... Wouldn't be the same atmosphere....

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pixie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2009, 02:58 PM   #12
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieStars View Post
I can honestly say by being one of the "youngins" cringe..... that I wouldn't be here if everyone was younger.... Wouldn't be the same atmosphere....
And I feel the same in reverse.
We all need each other to feed off of and learn from.
It's what we need for consciousness expansion.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2009, 07:40 PM   #13
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieStars View Post
...being one of the "youngins" cringe.....
No cringing, sugar, you're fine. {{{{{{{{{{{{Pixie}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2009, 09:25 PM   #14
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks NJ and bit.....wooot!!

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:04 AM   #15
Sassybren

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Sassybren Has the BEST ReputationSassybren Has the BEST ReputationSassybren Has the BEST ReputationSassybren Has the BEST ReputationSassybren Has the BEST ReputationSassybren Has the BEST ReputationSassybren Has the BEST ReputationSassybren Has the BEST ReputationSassybren Has the BEST ReputationSassybren Has the BEST ReputationSassybren Has the BEST Reputation

I had to be forced into 50 kicking and screaming but now that I've arrived it's ok and I don't mind owning it.

The next poll should be How old do you feel. Of course if the mental pause monster is around some might have to wait a day or too to take the poll.
Just sayin. lol

Bren
Sassybren is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sassybren For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2009, 12:44 AM   #16
lee07

How Do You Identify?:
Androgynous
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym
Relationship Status:
Single

lee07 is on a distinguished road

i want ur lil picture thingamijigster
@ msLinus
Old 11-24-2009, 01:30 AM   #17
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
So it seems that so far, we are outnumbering the younguns.
Can we flip our depends at them?
lol ... just kidding ... I am not quite there .... yet..... oy.

WELL! The "youngin's" have a life!! AND, they are still gettin' laid! (Just kidding to some of you married and involved folks!)

OK, I may have "revealed" something here about myself, huh?!

Really, "we are some of the ones who paved the way" for what/HOW it is today. Whether or not young kids and/or young adults grow to learn and appreciate that in history or as part of the "process" to continue on - or not, remains up to them... and I HOPE they continue on to be radical for our cause(s). I will be, until I can no longer breathe! (But, I respect ALL ways of "contributing". It doesn't just have to be marching on the streets, etc...)

I'm OK, in fact... GOOD with all of that/this! I'm just so proud of our history and any part that I was fortunate to experience! Existing HERE (at this site), in fact - is "something" special in history and time!

(And I may or may not still get lucky now and then at age "fiddy-somethin'"... out here in the woods!)
____

Seriously, my best "female" friend died at the age of 98. I learned SO MUCH from her. And her gone from this physical plane has left SUCH A HUGE WIDE OPEN VOID IN ME!!!!!

SHE SAID TO ME:

I will always be alright, as long as I remain "teachable". I will never forget her, nor that advice.

*Hugs and kisses my sister Virgo! I love you and miss you terribly.
WILDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2009, 01:47 AM   #18
Angelika

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Not available

Angelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST Reputation

45 and proud *smiles* .... I love being older ... and cannot wait to actually get older. Life is just better served when older *grins*

Angelika
You are born with three things: intelligence, endurance and the opportunity to build integrity. You decide how much intelligence and endurance you are going to use. You build integrity every single day with the choices you make. | Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AngelikaCourtois | Twitter: http://twitter.com/ACourtois |
Angelika is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angelika For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2009, 03:24 AM   #19
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

I like the age range here. I don't often get along well with people in my own age range and tend to, instead, have a good number of friends who are older than me. Most of the time I just forget about age, I don't even remember to ask anymore, cause I don't care. If you make me smile and we have something to talk about. BRING IT ON!!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:12 AM   #20
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee07 View Post
i want ur lil picture thingamijigster
@ msLinus
which picture thingamijigster??